|Age||Early to mid 30's|
|First Appearance||Issue 27|
|Last Appearance||Issue 27|
|Series lifespan||#27 (Unknown)|
Nothing is known about Wes's life before or as the outbreak began. It is possible that he lived in or near Woodbury before the outbreak began.
Wes is described by Martinez by being not very bright but makes up for it with loyalty, he goes on supply runs with Lilly and Martinez many times. He is also seen working with Martinez during patrol or fixing up the wall. During one supply run they see a helicopter crash and go to investigate it saving a young girl Christina Haben. Wes also forcibly took away the weapons of Rick Grimes, Glenn, and Michonne following their arrival into Woodbury (by the order of Martinez.) He then dragged Rick and the others inside the town. It is assumed he partook in the assault on The Prison.
Creator Robert Kirkman wrote:
- "I'm not going to say (the Woodbury survivors) were all killed (when their bullets ran out), but it's very unlikely that we'll ever see them again. The prison is dead to me. I've moved on and so have the characters."
This list shows the victims Wes has killed:
- Numerous counts of zombies.
- Wes resembles Bruce Cooper, Eugene Cooney, and Jared, but was specifically named in Issue 27, page 19.
- He is the first member of Woodbury to be named.
- He is called "The Little Troll" behind his back by Lilly and Martinez.
- Wes is called "Gus" throughout The Walking Dead: The Fall of The Governor.
- This can be proven by that they both have the same appearance and in the comic Wes takes Rick and Co's weapons then in the Novel Gus takes their weapons.