|Age||31 or 32 (if the series is set in the year 2010)|
|Relations||Rachel (Assumed Daughter/Girlfriend/Wife/Sister)|
|First Appearance||Guts (Zombified)|
|Series lifespan||"Guts" (Zombified)|
|Atlanta Survivors beating up an infected Wayne to allow Rick and Glenn safe passage.|
|Wayne Dunlap Gallery|
Very little is known about Wayne Dunlap's life before the apocalypse, other than that he was born in 1979 and had a girlfriend, wife, daughter or sister named Rachel at the time of his death. He was also an organ donor.
When he died while attempting to be evacuated from the city, Wayne had 28 dollars in his pocket, as well as a picture of Rachel.
Later, in a desperate attempt to escape the department store, Wayne's corpse was dragged inside the store, and gutted and dismembered by Rick and Glenn. They used his decomposing innards and blood to camouflage themselves in order to escape the store. Rick said that if he ever found his family he would tell them about Wayne, although it is unknown if he ever did.
- Walkers (Alive)
It is unknown how Wayne died, although the most likely explanation was that he was bitten and succumbed to the infection when Atlanta was overrun.
- Theodore Douglas (Zombified)
Glenn met up with Rick and was bringing him back to the group when Wayne was in a back alley. Both T-Dog and Morales came out and beat both Wayne and another walker to death. Later, the survivors used Wayne's body by dismembering it and placing his putrid entrails all over themselves to pose as walkers and escape the city.
- 102. "Guts" (Zombified)
- Wayne was an organ donor before the apocalypse took place. This could be interpreted as a subtle joke, seeing as how his blood, flesh, and organs were harvested by Rick and Glenn to smear on their raincoats, giving off the scent of dead rotting flesh, so as to make them appear to be walkers themselves and hence enabling them to walk past a crowd of walkers undetected.
- It is unknown whether or not Rick has told his family about Wayne as he promised originally.
- Wayne is one of four full-named characters to be introduced as a walker, the others being Louise Bush, Annette Greene, and Shawn Greene.
- Wayne is one of nine named characters in the TV Series to be introduced as a walker, the others being Summer, Hannah, Shawn Greene, Annette Greene, Louise Bush, Doug, Erin and Penny.