Howdy, guys! This here is Mr. Popozão, also known as Tommy by friends or, idk... "That Guy", maybe. Whatever, my name ain't important, okay? It's real unimportant.
I've been in the wikia around sometime and I've been reading the blogs. I don't know if anyone ever did this, but I'd like to do a kewl blog about something crucial in the world of The Walking Dead: Your group. Yes. Surprised? If yes, why? The fucking name of the blog already says it.
I think we all agree that your group plays a crucial part when it comes to either you lives or not. Having a good leader, good shooters to protect yourself, a good medic and if you're lucky a good supply runner are things you may want to have if a zombie apocalypse ever happens. And this is what this blog is really about. Build the ultimate group, joining characters from all the Media! Except the Novels of course, I didn't readed them so I can't list Novel characters.
There are some spoilers about the Show, the Comics and the Game below. Watch out.
How we'll roll
Very simple. The group will consist in how much character you'll want, but remember: A smaller group is easier to mantain and when the group is too big conflicts may appear, which can lead to the group falling apart.
The main roles in the group are the roles of "The Leader", the person who is in charge of everything, who can or can not have Co-Leads to help him (one example of that is Rick Grimes in the TV and Comic Series and how Lee/Kenny seemed to run the group together in the Video Game), the Gunmen, at least two, just to be sure nothing goes down, and the Doctor. The glorious and precious doctor. You don't want all of your group to die from a flu, do you?
For the leader of the group we have 9 people. You can examine each one of them with their pros and cons and then pick the one you think fits the best. The possible leaders are:
- Rick Grimes (Comic Series)- Rick Grimes where he is right now in the comics.
Pros: Rick is an experienced leader, having led various groups while in the apocalypse. He is a good shot and also handles pretty well an hatchet.
Cons: Rick lost one hand to The Governor. He also lost his wife and possible daughter, which led him to go mentally unstable for sometime.
Extras: If you pick Rick you automatically picks his son Carl to your group too. Carl will have 9 years and just one eye and haves a very good shot.
- Rick Grimes (TV Series)- Rick Grimes where he is right now in the TV Show.
Pros: TV Rick never lost his hand to The Governor. Like his comics counterpart, Rick haves a pretty good shot.
Cons: TV Rick is less experienced then Comics Rick. He lost his wife as his comics series counterpart, causing the same effects on him.
Extras: Picking TV Rick automatically adds his children Carl and Judith to the group. Carl is 14 years old, is also a good shot and haves the two eyes. Judith is a baby and is a dangerous choice to keep around.
- Douglas Monroe- Douglas Monroe right before his wife got murdered.
Pros: Douglas was a congressman before the apocalypse, which means he can handle more people. He also will rule his group by giving people "jobs", making everyone play a role in the community.
Cons: Douglas can't handle the loss of his wife, Regina or son, Spencer. He will become very depressed and probably will quit being the leader if they die. He will probably try to hit on random women.
Extras: By picking Douglas to your group, you will have Regina and Spencer too. Regina is old and can't fight, but Spencer can be quite helpful in supply runs or fighting zombies/other groups, even being an asshole.
- Paul "Jesus" Monroe- Paul "Jesus" Monroe where he is right now in the comics.
Pros: Skilled stuntman, Paul is a master in martial arts and can handle himself pretty well in a hand-to-hand combat. He also showed skill in escaping incarceration.
Cons: Picking Paul won't add anyone to your group.
- Gregory- Gregory where he was in the comics before being demoted as Hilltop leader.
Cons: Gregory is the worst possible pick for leader. He won't care about the group and will possibly get everyone killed. He doesn't have extras, and didn't showed skill in fighting. Gregory is also very cowardly and will try to hit on every woman he founds.
- Kenny- Kenny by the time of Season 1 Episode 2.
Pros: Kenny will do whatever it takes to protect the group. He also seems to handle a rifle and a pistol pretty well.
Cons: Kenny tends to focus more on his family than the whole group. If something happens to them he might break and let your group without a leader figure. He also appears to be very bad at hand-to-hand combat.
Extras: Picking Kenny will add his wife, Katjaa and his son Duck to the group. Katjaa is a vet and can helps the Doctor if needed. Duck on the other hand can be very annoying and can't protect himself.
- Lee Everett- Lee Everett by the time of Season 1 Episode 5.
Pros: Lee Everett is a more centered leader than Kenny. He can shoot well, and handles pretty much every melee weapon given good, especially an axe and a meat cleaver.
Cons: In this scenario, Lee cutted off his arm and managed to survive, which means he will have only one arm, like Comic Rick.
Extras: Picking Lee will automatically pick Clementine to your group too. She appears to don't be that good at shooting, but handles melee weapons allright and can defend herself and the group.
- Lilly- Lilly by the tine of Season 1 Episode 2.
Pros: Lilly was on the Military. She can handle a rifle really well and will keep the group safe by any means necessary.
Cons: Lilly will keep the group safe even if this means sacrifying some of the members. Her personality can lead many members of the group to dislike her very quickly. She also can't handle the loss of her dad, Larry. If something happens to him, she'll lose it.
Extras: Lilly will bring Larry to the group if chosen.
- Carlos- Carlos by the time of Season 2 Episode 2.
Pros: Carlos appears to be a good shot. He can also be the Doctor of the group.
Cons: He is too protective of his daughter Sarah and appears to might to the same as Kenny if he loses her.
Extras: Picking Carlos will let you have two Doctors at your group. However, it also adds Sarah to it, a 15 years-old immature girl who is too sheltered by him to protect herself.
Now that you chose the Leader, you may or may not want someone to lead your group with him. Your group can have from 0 to 3 co-leads, who'll help the leader take decisions and protect the group. However, you can only choose one at the pool, because Wikia.
- Shane (Comic Series)- Shane right before he dies in the Comics.
Pros: Being a police officer, Shane handles guns very well and also can keep the group under control if needed.
Cons: Mentally insane. Can turn at the Leader and try to kill him at anytime if they disagree. You can't chose both Shanes, for obvious reasons.
- Shane Walsh (TV Series)- Shane by the time of Season 2.
Pros: Shane handles guns very well, and can keep the group under control if needed.
Cons: Shane will do literally anything to achieve his goal, which include sacrifying group members. He can also turn on the Leader. You can't choose both Shanes, for obvious reasons.
- Tyreese (Comic Series)- Tyreese by the time of his introduction.
Pros': Tyreese is one of the strongest characters. He is also very good with melee weapons, especially his signature hammer.
Cons: Tyreese is horrible with guns. He can also lose it if something happens to his daughter.
Extras: Picking Comic Tyreese will add his daughter Julie and her boyfriend Chris to the group.
- Tyreese (TV Series)- Tyreese where he is right now on the TV Show.
Pros: Like his comic counterpart, Tyreese is one of the strongest characters. He is also very good with melee weapons, especially his signature hammer.
Cons: Tyreese is horrible with guns. If something happens to a loved one, Tyreese may lose it.
Extras: Picking TV Tyreese will add his sister Sasha to the group.
- Michonne (any media)- Michonne from the Comics or from the Show, your call.
Pros: Very skilled with a katana. Haves two pet zombies you can choose either kill or keep.
Cons: Picking up Michonne won't add anyone to your group.
- Abraham Ford (any media)- Abraham from the Comics or from the Show, your call.
Pros: Extremely bulky, Abraham was a sergeant before the outbreak. Handles very well his signature Machine Gun.
Cons: His personality may lead to conflicts with group members if chosen.
Extras: Picking up Abraham will add Rosita and Eugene to your group. Rosita can have your back at zombie attacks or fights and Eugene will be able to manufacture ammunition if given what he needs.
- The Council- Different than the others, picking up The Council won't let you pick any more co-leaders. It will also automatically pick Rick as the leader. The council members are Rick, Dale, Hershel and Tyreese, which media is up to you, but they have to be all from the same one.
- Paul "Jesus" Monroe- If not chosen as the main leader, Paul can still be picked as a Co-Leader. His pros and cons are the same.
- Daryl Dixon- Daryl Dixon by the time of Season 3.
Pros: Daryl is a skilled hunter, handling both guns and his signature crossbow very well.
Cons: Daryl may abandon your group if he feels like it.
Extras: Picking up Daryl will bring Merle to your group too, which can be dangerous. Merle will have his prosthetic knife-hand.
It will also bring a shitload of fan-girls to your group.
- Kenny- If not chosen as the main leader, Kenny can still be picked as a Co-Leader. His pros and cons are the same. However, Kenny as a Co-Leader might create conflicts with your Leader.
- Lee Everett- If not chosen as the main leader, Lee can still be picked as a Co-Leader. His pros and cons are the same.
The Gunmen are a very important piece of the group maze. Without anyone that can handle a gun, you would probably die in the first zombie attack. Sometimes people show more ability with guns than others. These are your gunmen. You can have only one of them. Gunmen doesn't haves pros and cons.
- Andrea (Comic Series)- Andrea where she is in the Comics right now.
- Billy Greene- Billy right before his death.
Extras: Choosing Billy will add his father Hershel to your group. Hershel is a vet and can help the Doc.
- Daryl- If Daryl wasn't chosen as Co-Leader, he can still be picked as Gunmen. He will use both guns and his crossbow. He can still leave the group, though.
Extras: Daryl bring Merle to the group, who can be another Gunmen if he wants. IF he wants.
- Carley- Carley by the time of Season 1 Episode 3.
Note: Carley wasn't shown handling rifles, but she's really good with a pistol.
- Pete- Pete right before he got bitten. He will use both guns and his crossbow.
Extras: Choosing Pete will add his nephew Nick to the group, aswell as Luke, for some reason. Nick is not so good with guns, but is still helpful and Luke weilds a machete that he handles very well.
What would you do if someone gets sick, or shot, or bitten and you have to amputate them? That's something you gotta think about. And if you don't have a doctor with you, things can get REAL bad. You can choose only one of them.
- Dr. Stevens- Dr. Stevens right before he died in the Comics.
Cons: Appearently, Stevens can't fight.
Extras: If Dr. Stevens is chosen, Alice will be in your group as his assistant.
- Alice Warren- Alice right before she died.
Pros: Alice can fight if she haves to. She also managed to deliver a baby in the apocalypse.
Cons: Less experienced than Stevens, but still manages to do a good job.
- Bob Stookey (Comic Series)- Bob where he is right now at the Comics/Novels.
Pros: Was skilled enough to save The Governor's life after his torture.
Cons: His medic time was long ago. He also is a heavy drunk.
- Bob Stookey (TV Series)- Bob where he is right now at the TV Show.
Cons: Bob haves a drinking problem.
- Denise Cloyd- Dr. Cloyd right before she got bitten.
Pros: She is skilled enough to save Carl from a bullet wound to the eye. She would give her own life to save a loved one.
Cons: Denise can't fight.
- Pete Anderson- Pete right before he died.
Cons: Abusive husband and father. Will hit his wife, Jessie and son, Ron and may cause problems to the group.
Extras: Choosing Pete will add Jesse and Ron to your group.
- Harlan Carson- Dr. Carson where he is right now in the Comics.
Pros: He managed to deliver three babys on the apocalypse.
Cons: Dr. Carson stated he couldn't save someone's life at the cost of his own, like Dr. Cloyd. He appearently can't fight too.
Extras: In this scenario, the Carsons are reunited. Choosing Harlan will add his brother to the group.
- Caleb Subramanian- Dr. S right before his death in the Show.
Pros: If The Flu hits your group, Dr. S might be able to save some members.
Cons: However, if The Flu hitted, he is susceptible to catch it.
- Vernon- Vernon by the time of Season 1 Episode 4.
Cons: Vernon is diagnosed with cancer. He may die during the apocalypse from his disease. He can also be very selfish.
Extras: Choosing Vernon will add all the Cancer Survivors to your group, including Brie, Boyd, Joyce and Clive, increasing the size of the group considerably.
The Support Roles
A group doesn't survives only with Doctors and Shooters. Some other roles are important to keep the group alive for so long. Originally I was going to put "Supply Runner" on it's own category, but I figured we don't have much of them, so they fell on here. For the support roles, you can choose how much of them you wants.
- Glenn (Any Media)- Supply Runner- Glenn from the Comics, the TV Show or the Game. You choose it.
Pros: Glenn was shown to be one of the fastest and more agile characters.
Cons: Glenn is not so good with guns, at least with a rifle, as shown on the Comics.
Extras: If Glenn is chosen, his wife Maggie will join him in your group. If Comic Glenn is chosen, his adoptive daughter Sophia joins as well.
- Hershel Greene (Comic Series)- Farmer- Hershel by the time of his introduction.
Pros: Hershel is also an veterinarian, he can help the Doctor if needed.
Cons: Family is very important to Hershel. He might broke if he loses his children.
Extras: Choosing Hershel will make all of his children join your group. This includes Maggie, Billy, Rachel, Susie, Arnold and Lacey.
- Hershel Greene (TV Series)- Farmer- Hershel by the time of Season 4
Pros: Hershel is also an veterinarian, he can help the Doctor if needed.
Cons: Family is very important to Hershel. He might broke if he loses his children.
Extras: Choosing Hershel will make Maggie and Beth join your group.
- Gabriel Stokes- Priest - Gabriel where he is right now at the Comics.
Pros- Having a priest around can give some people more hope and strength.
Cons- Gabriel can't fight. He also can be horrorized by the group's actions.
- Heath- Supply Runner- Heath right before having his leg blown up by a grenade.
Notes: If Denise is chosen as the medic, Heath and her will start a relationship just like in the comics.
- Aaron- Recruiter - Aaron right before Eric's death.
Pros- Can fight pretty well if necessary. Haves a good finger to pick up recruits.
Cons- Can't handle the loss of his boyfriend Eric. Might go reckless if it happens.
Extras- If Aaron is chosen, Eric will join him.
- Molly- Supply Runner (Scavenger)- Molly by the time of Season 1 Episode 4
Pros- One of the more agile characters of the whole franchise, handles an Ice Pick pretty well, also showed to be strong enough to knock out Lee with one uppercut.
Cons- She doesn't seem like a team player. More the mercenary kind.
- Tavia- Recruiter - Tavia by the time of 400 Days.
Now that you have chosen all the roles, you can add your favorite characters that don't belong to any other category. You know what would be nice? If you commented your final group. I spent a lot of time doing this, the least I can receive is your group, right? XD