The new Request Process is now online. Currently, it has only been implemented for Requests for Adminship, but it will soon be implemented to the Requests for Staff as well. To familiarize yourselves with the new process, I have copied it below.
I realize reading a lengthy process like this can be dry, but I highly advise all users to do so at least once. Please write any recommendations, complaints, and questions in the comments below. Thank you.
Before submitting a request for adminship, users must meet a list of requirements. The requirements are listed below:
1. *This time period was decided upon so that the user has had experience on the wikia during various times of the year, including during the airing of AMC's The Walking Dead, when the community tends to be busiest.
1. A user submits his request for adminship or is nominated by another user. Submit your request by leaving a message detailing why you feel you are qualified for the position and why you would be an asset to the community. Follow your message with your signature.
2. Users in the community will have a two-week period to support, oppose, or remain neutral to a user's request. IPs, or user's without accounts are not allowed to vote.
3. When the two-week period is up, the page will be locked so that no new votes can be made. If the request has at least 8 supportive votes* and more supportive votes than opposing votes, it is qualified for admin voting. If not, the request is denied.
4. If the request is qualified, the admins will have one week to vote. They will submit their votes anonymously amongst themselves. The request needs a simple majority of the voting admins** to be approved.
5. If the majority of the voting admins decide to approve a request, a bureaucrat will grant the user adminship.
How to vote
To vote, simply place one of the four voting templates below the request, along with any existing votes. The voting templates to choose from are "Support", "Oppose", "Neutral", and "Comment". After placing the template, explain why you cast that specific vote. Provide valid reasoning; don't support a user simply because they are your friend or oppose a user because you don't like them. Provide solid and clear reasoning. Keep in mind that you are not only voting on the request, but also trying to persuade the admins to support or oppose the submission. Follow your reasoning with your signature.