|This article is about the TV Series character. You may be looking for his Comic Series counterpart.|
|Age||Mid 30's to early 40's|
|First Appearance||"Made to Suffer"|
Chad Coleman Gallery
Nothing is known about Tyreese's life before or as the apocalypse began apart from that he has a sister, Sasha.
Tyreese makes his debut appearance in this episode. He is seen with a group of survivors in the woods. One survivor from his group, Donna, is bitten on the arm by a walker, while escaping from a small herd. While they run away, Tyreese discovers a destroyed wall, which ends up being the back of the Prison. Tyreese leads them through the broken part of the fence and into the facility. Tyreese's group is attacked by walkers again, this time, inside the boiler room. His sister, Sasha, screams as she and her friends are being attacked, and she is heard from the other side of the prison, where Rick's group is. Carl heads to the room, and after helping Tyreese by killing some of the walkers, he takes the group safely into the other side of the Prison. Tyreese attempts to kill Donna with his hammer to avoid reanimation, but as he's about to, Carl locks his group out. Sasha argues with Carl over locking them out and demands that he and Hershel let them inside, but Tyreese calms the situation down by telling his sister that they had never been in a better place for weeks, and she should leave Carl alone.
Tyreese is seen arguing with Ben and Allen about them planning on taking over The Prison. Tyreese disagrees with them and says that Carl's group are good people, and doesn't want any trouble, unaware there are more survivors that make up the Prison group.
This list shows the victims Tyreese has killed:
| This relationship section needs a lot of work. |
You can help the Walking Dead Wiki by expanding it.
Sasha is Tyreese's younger sister. Surviving together, they have made a good team with Allen and his family. She seems to have different viewpoints on crucial decisions Tyreese makes. However, she and Tyreese both disapprove of Allen and Ben's plan to overtake the prison in "The Suicide King".
Allen is his friend, it is unknown how they met and if they met before or prior to the apocalypse. Allen's son, Ben, also knows Tyreese, but it is unknown if they have a friendship and if it is as strong as Tyreese and Allen's. Tyreese and Allen seem to get along, and work well as a team. When Donna was bit, Sasha informed the group they need to kill her, before Donna kills them. But Tyreese and Allen told Sasha that Allen and Ben should not have to do this, and do it somewhere private, safe, and away from Donna's family.
- Robert Kirkman hinted that a fan-favorite Comic Series character's first appearance in this season would be in Episode 8 of Season 3, "Made to Suffer". 
- His appearance was confirmed on November 14, 2012 by a proven-reliable source on the Walking Dead forum, 'Roamers and Lurkers'.  The official confirmation of Coleman playing Tyreese was reported by various sites such as the Hollywood Reporter and TVLine on November 20, 2012.
- During his absence from the first, second and part of the third season of the TV Series, his role was shared between two original characters, Daryl and T-Dog.
- In the Comic Series, Tyreese was killed in the volume "Made To Suffer", whereas in the TV Series he is introduced in the episode of the same name.
- Entertainment Weekly equipped, "[Tyreese was introduced] carrying a Really Big Hammer. At this point, viewers of Walking Dead know that anyone with a Distinctive Weapon -- crossbow, katana, Colt Python, knife-hand, any gun with a suppressor enhancement -- is probably important."
- In the Comic Series, Tyreese was first seen traveling with his daughter Julie and her boyfriend Chris. Allen, Donna, and Ben (including the TV Series-omitted Billy) were a part of Rick's group prior to them meeting.
- In the Comic Series Tyreese is introduced much earlier, being introduced after the group left Atlanta, but in the TV Series he was introduced after they arrived at the prison.
- ↑ Dalton Ross 'The Walking Dead' to introduce another popular character from the comic. Is it Tyreese? -- EXCLUSIVE Entertainment Weekly (November 15, 2012)
- ↑ Debra Peterson ‘Walking Dead’ TV show to introduce new character from comic Examiner (November 15, 2012)
- ↑ Gina Carbone The Walking Dead Season 3 Spoilers: Which New "Big Deal" Character Arrives on Episode 8? Wetpaint Entertainment (November 15, 2012)
- ↑ http://www.roamersandlurkers.com/topic/6388-filming-spoiler-the-character-a-lot-of-you-have-wondered-about/
- ↑ Jon Lachonis The Walking Dead Spoilers - Who Returns, and Who Arrives TVOvermind (November 19, 2012)
- ↑ The Walking Dead Casts Wire Alum as Spoiler! TV Line (November 20, 2012)
- ↑ Darren Franich, 'The Walking Dead' recap: Can't Take Chances With These Terrorists, Entertainment Weekly, (December 2, 2012).