• So, I've noticed that there's somewhat of an inconsistent pattern (or possibly bias?) with the character statuses, including the navigation boxes underneath character articles: There are characters that are in the navigation box whose names are in blue, even if the last time they were seen...was safe/alive? It's more so with the FearTWD navigation links than it is with TWD. Only reason I'm posting this is to point it out and because I'm confused and maybe a valid explanation can help me out.

    Status 01

    (e.g. The characters who were last seen alive in TWD are rightfully green [I'm sure some are also blue], but even one of the them who was bit is still green and has their status still kept as "alive" rather than "unknown" or "deceased" because their character was not yet confirmed as alive nor dead because the mid-season premiere didn't air yet. The protection was even changed. Honestly, I find that a little unfair.)

    Status 02

    (e.g. In FearTWD, there are multiple characters who were last seen alive and safe. Unless they were clearly in at risky of infection, walkers, they shouldn't be confirmed as Unknown [unlike Exner, Alicia, Strand, etc. They were in danger so it makes sense.] But if they were last seen alive and surviving they should be alive. The same goes for Madison and Proctor John ...we're unsure of their whereabouts after the finale, but we're keeping pace with the series as it airs. Since we last saw them safe, we assume they are alive.

    Status 03

    (e.g. Lastly, in the webisodes, Alex, Sierra and Gabi were last seen alive also. They weren't bit or mortally wounded and we haven't been updated. In fact, they escape their threats a lot of the time. The perfect person to fall underneath unknown would be Colton because we see the type of injury or risk he faces in the end.)

    Are some of you seeing the problem? Or can anyone or the mods help me out? Just something I wanted to point out because I've been dying to change some character statuses, because there are some I don't want to believe are/write off as dead yet either.

    Edit - 1/15/18: If you're going to respond to this. Read all replies or don't respond at all to avoid repetitive statements.

      Loading editor
    • Alex, Sierra and Gabi's stories have all come to an end, anything could have happened to them aterwards.

        Loading editor
    • Jack7809 wrote:
      Alex, Sierra and Gabi's stories have all come to an end, anything could have happened to them aterwards.

      Not really helpful. But even if it's come to an end, is it right for them to be written off as unknown? Especially if they seem capable? Alex made an appearance in the actual series (granted, twice...), but I've followed around Kelsey Scott and Mishel Prada around for a while, and they've never confirmed or denied any future appearances in the television series. So we don't even know. Do we just wait for them to show up again and say, "Oh, turns out they're alive."

      Or like what about Sofia? She was last seen alive and safe also. We can't just assume she's unknown. Meanwhile, Carl is still alive lol. Igdi.

      Edit: Or Diana? She only had a broken leg and was asleep when we last saw her lol. Asleep.

        Loading editor
    • JuniperAlien wrote:

      Jack7809 wrote:
      Alex, Sierra and Gabi's stories have all come to an end, anything could have happened to them aterwards.

      Not really helpful. But even if it's come to an end, is it right for them to be written off as unknown? Especially if they seem capable? Alex made an appearance in the actual series (granted, twice...), but I've followed around Kelsey Scott and Mishel Prada around for a while, and they've never confirmed or denied any future appearances in the television series. So we don't even know. Do we just wait for them to show up again and say, "Oh, turns out they're alive."

      Or like what about Sofia? She was last seen alive and safe also. We can't just assume she's unknown. Meanwhile, Carl is still alive lol. Igdi.

      Carl may be bitten but he is currently breathing so he's alive, believe me I want to change him to dead too. If this statement was considered valid "They were last seen alive and are capable of living" then that's borderline opinionated but also quite true. The simple fact is that the characters were written off the show, and you say "the actresses have never confirmed or denied any future appearances and we don't even know" then by all means they should be unknown, which was literally my point. Although I believe they are alive and well, until or if they return they will be unknown as the story is no longer reflecting on them or there whereabouts.

        Loading editor
    • Jack7809 wrote: Carl may be bitten but he is currently breathing so he's alive, believe me I want to change him to dead too. If this statement was considered valid "They were last seen alive and are capable of living" then that's borderline opinionated but also quite true. The simple fact is that the characters were written off the show, and you say "the actresses have never confirmed or denied any future appearances and we don't even know" then by all means they should be unknown, which was literally my point. Although I believe they are alive and well, until or if they return they will be unknown as the story is no longer reflecting on them or there whereabouts.

      Eh, seems sorta messy. Yeah, saying they're capable is borderline opinionated. But the fact is that they were last seen alive and they were breathing also. Even if the story no longer reflects on them...however, fans are still anticipating some sort of return because they've already done it and because the series hasn't ended.

      Okay, here's a better example. Let's say in the near future, TWD series ends and Rick, Daryl, Maggie and, idk, Morgan actually live all the way to series finale. They're all safe an sound inside of a home or whatever. Would you consider changing their statuses to unknown since the series ended? Technically speaking, it's no longer reflecting on them.

        Loading editor
    • JuniperAlien wrote:

      Jack7809 wrote: Carl may be bitten but he is currently breathing so he's alive, believe me I want to change him to dead too. If this statement was considered valid "They were last seen alive and are capable of living" then that's borderline opinionated but also quite true. The simple fact is that the characters were written off the show, and you say "the actresses have never confirmed or denied any future appearances and we don't even know" then by all means they should be unknown, which was literally my point. Although I believe they are alive and well, until or if they return they will be unknown as the story is no longer reflecting on them or there whereabouts.

      Eh, seems sorta messy. Yeah, saying they're capable is borderline opinionated. But the fact is that they were last seen alive and they were breathing also. Even if the story no longer reflects on them...however, fans are still anticipating some sort of return because they've already done it and because the series hasn't ended.

      Okay, here's a better example. Let's say in the near future, TWD series ends and Rick, Daryl, Maggie and, idk, Morgan actually live all the way to series finale. Would you consider changing their statuses to unknown considering that the series ended? Technically speaking, it's no longer reflecting on them.

      I see where you're getting at, but using the series finale is a completely different example. Obviously the series ending wouldn't reflect on anybody so maybe put them as unknown, I don't really know. But considering Fear The Walking Dead has not ended and is still currently running and those characters are nowhere to be seen then that's why they're unknown. For all we know Sierra and Gabi could've been shot right then and there after the camera turned off lmao. I dont really know what else to say about this topic but that's my opinion. I do like to think all 3 girls are alive, because like you said they are pretty capable.

        Loading editor
    • Jack7809 wrote: I see where you're getting at, but using the series finale is a completely different example. Obviously the series ending wouldn't reflect on anybody so maybe put them as unknown, I don't really know. But considering Fear The Walking Dead has not ended and is still currently running and those characters are nowhere to be seen then that's why they're unknown. For all we know Sierra and Gabi could've been shot right then and there after the camera turned off lmao. I dont really know what else to say about this topic but that's my opinion. I do like to think all 3 girls are alive, because like you said they are pretty capable.

      Meh, but I agree with when you said that saying their capable is opinionated. It is. So I'm putting that aside. All I can say is just keep in mind the comment I made about the series ending. I just don't think it's safe to assume they're unknown. Anyway, thanks for responding and boosting this. I hope others read get to come across this and gets people's gears grinding.

      Also, I've edited my posts a couple of times minutes after posting em, so that's why my responses are a bit different from the ones quoted in your replies. Anyway thanks again.

        Loading editor
    • I don’t see the problem.

      The color pertains to their status. And their status is the most recent, last reported status. For example (and SPOILERS), Carl is alive because he was bitten, but he is currently with the main group and has not succumbed yet.

      Tobias is unknown cause we haven’t seen him for three seasons.

      Make sense?

        Loading editor
    • KeepOnKeepingOn wrote:

      I'd probably say no at first. I still don't think Tobias should be unknown unless the last time we saw him was in a heavily unpredictable situation (e.g. if we saw him running from a horde or walkers or something.) But then again, Sierra mentions in Passage that LA was nuked, so right now, it's fitting for any characters last seen in LA to be labeled as unknown. So, I can come to terms with Tobias. But characters like Sierra or Gabi were last seen getting out of an underground passage. I'm referring to characters like those who were last seen safe and sound.

      Like I said before in a previous post (if you read it) I said for example...if the TWD series happened to end and it's the last time we see any character (rick, maggie, whatever) alive. Do we automatically change their status to unknown? Because from that point on, we'll be never seeing them again. That's what I'm seeing done with characters we see the last the last of, even if they were last seen alive. And even if Carl hasn't succumbed yet, people are still missing my point, there are loads of characters who weren't succumbing to anything when they were last seen and are still labeled as unknown? I just think it's unfair.

        Loading editor
    • I have to agree on Sierra and Gabi being kept as alive. Just not seeing them for awhile doesn't make it that uncertain. After Oceanside was disarmed, they didn't show up for quite some time, and nobody thought that them being disarmed and gone for awhile meant their fates could be unknown (we all know now they are fine, minus Cyndie's grandmother of course). Plus given Alex's use on the show, I would give Sierra and Gabi the benefit of the doubt.

      On the subject of Carl, I think a bitten character needs to be kept as alive until their actual last breath. This is namely because in the case of other bitten characters, we don't know if they will receive an undead or dead status until after the fact. Now, I don't think Carl will turn, but that should be rule of thumb in my mind. Update as it happens basically.

        Loading editor
    • This is just kind of the way things are though. The Passage series is over. Their status is unknown and we probably won’t see them again.

      Tobias is unknown cause we haven’t seen him for three seasons.

      The Atlanta vatos gang is unknown cause we haven’t seen them for seven.

      Carl is alive because we see him regularly and he has not died YET. His status will be changed when we see him take his final breath or when he is put down.

      There is no need to overcomplicate things. Really. This is the simplest way to do it— and it’s surprisingly accurate too.

        Loading editor
    • i feel like it’s pretty simple, and I will give examples

      Rick gets stuck in a tank in season 1 episode 1 and then it ends, as we can clearly see he is alive, albeit it is highly likely he may have died afterwards his status up to that episode is still alive

      Connor (ftwd) is bit on the arm, it’s never shown wether the bite is amputated or not which makes it unknown to us wether he had survived or not

      Beth’s corpse is bought out of the Atlanta hospital by Daryl, we can see she is dead becuase before a bullet went through her brain and now she is unconscious, she is dead

      Welles’ head is chopped off by someone in Woodbury and it’s ater seen in the governors tanks of heads, the last time we see Welles is undead so he is undead

      If you can’t certainly say a character is alive then they are unknown, it’s why Nick and Daniel are considered unknown, becuase they were on a collapsing dam, but the last parts of the episode doesn’t show what happened to them

      Personally I don’t understand why Everado was marked as dead becuase he is never shown in the episode, shouldn’t he be unknown?

        Loading editor
    • MoralesLives wrote:
      i feel like it’s pretty simple, and I will give examples

      Rick gets stuck in a tank in season 1 episode 1 and then it ends, as we can clearly see he is alive, albeit it is highly likely he may have died afterwards his status up to that episode is still alive

      Connor (ftwd) is bit on the arm, it’s never shown wether the bite is amputated or not which makes it unknown to us wether he had survived or not

      Beth’s corpse is bought out of the Atlanta hospital by Daryl, we can see she is dead becuase before a bullet went through her brain and now she is unconscious, she is dead

      Welles’ head is chopped off by someone in Woodbury and it’s ater seen in the governors tanks of heads, the last time we see Welles is undead so he is undead

      If you can’t certainly say a character is alive then they are unknown, it’s why Nick and Daniel are considered unknown, becuase they were on a collapsing dam, but the last parts of the episode doesn’t show what happened to them

      Personally I don’t understand why Everado was marked as dead becuase he is never shown in the episode, shouldn’t he be unknown?

      Everado is dead because he was most likely inside the damn.

      Guys, please, we don't have to over complicate this stuff. It's text book...

      You get bit, you're basically dead. If you survive an amputation, you're alive! Connor gets no special treatment. Heavy assumptions aren't meant to be made.

      My biggest example is still with Tobias. Yes, we saw him alive, getting dropped off at his house. And Madison drives off as he goes inside. So should he be alive?

      No. Cause that was three fucking seasons ago.

      Carl is alive because he's RIGHT THERE with them and he HAS NOT succumbed yet.

      Nick is alive because he's confirmed to appear next season. Daniel is unknown because he is unconfirmed.

      It's so simple... I don't understand why people want this down to the minute detail.

      What's better:

      Carl: Status: Soon to be deceased, currently bitten, close to succumbing, barely clinging to life.

      Carl: Status: Alive

      I use Carl as the primary example here because... he's the primary example.

      Alex is unknown cause we haven't seen her for two seasons and she was last seen on a boat owned by a pirate gang that fell faster than a weight.

      I hope nobody says "The Flight 462 passengers are unknown cause we didn't see their bodies post crash." Yeah it's cause they died.

      Can we close this thread and leave everything as is? Bickering over character status is not something I want to do-- not something anyone should be doing. I tried to be rational with this but clearly that's not how to handle this.

        Loading editor
    • KeepOnKeepingOn wrote:

      MoralesLives wrote:
      i feel like it’s pretty simple, and I will give examples

      Rick gets stuck in a tank in season 1 episode 1 and then it ends, as we can clearly see he is alive, albeit it is highly likely he may have died afterwards his status up to that episode is still alive

      Connor (ftwd) is bit on the arm, it’s never shown wether the bite is amputated or not which makes it unknown to us wether he had survived or not

      Beth’s corpse is bought out of the Atlanta hospital by Daryl, we can see she is dead becuase before a bullet went through her brain and now she is unconscious, she is dead

      Welles’ head is chopped off by someone in Woodbury and it’s ater seen in the governors tanks of heads, the last time we see Welles is undead so he is undead

      If you can’t certainly say a character is alive then they are unknown, it’s why Nick and Daniel are considered unknown, becuase they were on a collapsing dam, but the last parts of the episode doesn’t show what happened to them

      Personally I don’t understand why Everado was marked as dead becuase he is never shown in the episode, shouldn’t he be unknown?

      Everado is dead because he was most likely inside the damn.

      Guys, please, we don't have to over complicate this stuff. It's text book...

      You get bit, you're basically dead. If you survive an amputation, you're alive! Connor gets no special treatment. Heavy assumptions aren't meant to be made.

      My biggest example is still with Tobias. Yes, we saw him alive, getting dropped off at his house. And Madison drives off as he goes inside. So should he be alive?

      No. Cause that was three fucking seasons ago.

      Carl is alive because he's RIGHT THERE with them and he HAS NOT succumbed yet.

      Nick is alive because he's confirmed to appear next season. Daniel is unknown because he is unconfirmed.

      It's so simple... I don't understand why people want this down to the minute detail.

      What's better:

      Carl: Status: Soon to be deceased, currently bitten, close to succumbing, barely clinging to life.

      Carl: Status: Alive

      I use Carl as the primary example here because... he's the primary example.

      Alex is unknown cause we haven't seen her for two seasons and she was last seen on a boat owned by a pirate gang that fell faster than a weight.

      I hope nobody says "The Flight 462 passengers are unknown cause we didn't see their bodies post crash." Yeah it's cause they died.

      Can we close this thread and leave everything as is? Bickering over character status is not something I want to do-- not something anyone should be doing. I tried to be rational with this but clearly that's not how to handle this.

      I agree with it all except Everado, I’m pretty sure we are not meant to assume they are dead

        Loading editor
    • MoralesLives wrote:

      KeepOnKeepingOn wrote:

      MoralesLives wrote:
      i feel like it’s pretty simple, and I will give examples

      Rick gets stuck in a tank in season 1 episode 1 and then it ends, as we can clearly see he is alive, albeit it is highly likely he may have died afterwards his status up to that episode is still alive

      Connor (ftwd) is bit on the arm, it’s never shown wether the bite is amputated or not which makes it unknown to us wether he had survived or not

      Beth’s corpse is bought out of the Atlanta hospital by Daryl, we can see she is dead becuase before a bullet went through her brain and now she is unconscious, she is dead

      Welles’ head is chopped off by someone in Woodbury and it’s ater seen in the governors tanks of heads, the last time we see Welles is undead so he is undead

      If you can’t certainly say a character is alive then they are unknown, it’s why Nick and Daniel are considered unknown, becuase they were on a collapsing dam, but the last parts of the episode doesn’t show what happened to them

      Personally I don’t understand why Everado was marked as dead becuase he is never shown in the episode, shouldn’t he be unknown?

      Everado is dead because he was most likely inside the damn.

      Guys, please, we don't have to over complicate this stuff. It's text book...

      You get bit, you're basically dead. If you survive an amputation, you're alive! Connor gets no special treatment. Heavy assumptions aren't meant to be made.

      My biggest example is still with Tobias. Yes, we saw him alive, getting dropped off at his house. And Madison drives off as he goes inside. So should he be alive?

      No. Cause that was three fucking seasons ago.

      Carl is alive because he's RIGHT THERE with them and he HAS NOT succumbed yet.

      Nick is alive because he's confirmed to appear next season. Daniel is unknown because he is unconfirmed.

      It's so simple... I don't understand why people want this down to the minute detail.

      What's better:

      Carl: Status: Soon to be deceased, currently bitten, close to succumbing, barely clinging to life.

      Carl: Status: Alive

      I use Carl as the primary example here because... he's the primary example.

      Alex is unknown cause we haven't seen her for two seasons and she was last seen on a boat owned by a pirate gang that fell faster than a weight.

      I hope nobody says "The Flight 462 passengers are unknown cause we didn't see their bodies post crash." Yeah it's cause they died.

      Can we close this thread and leave everything as is? Bickering over character status is not something I want to do-- not something anyone should be doing. I tried to be rational with this but clearly that's not how to handle this.

      I agree with it all except Everado, I’m pretty sure we are not meant to assume they are dead

      Everardo is insanely minor. What’s the point in assuming he’s alive. He was inside the damn dam. The same damn dam that happened to, I don’t know, EXPLODE.

        Loading editor
    • KeepOnKeepingOn wrote:

      MoralesLives wrote:

      KeepOnKeepingOn wrote:

      MoralesLives wrote:
      i feel like it’s pretty simple, and I will give examples

      Rick gets stuck in a tank in season 1 episode 1 and then it ends, as we can clearly see he is alive, albeit it is highly likely he may have died afterwards his status up to that episode is still alive

      Connor (ftwd) is bit on the arm, it’s never shown wether the bite is amputated or not which makes it unknown to us wether he had survived or not

      Beth’s corpse is bought out of the Atlanta hospital by Daryl, we can see she is dead becuase before a bullet went through her brain and now she is unconscious, she is dead

      Welles’ head is chopped off by someone in Woodbury and it’s ater seen in the governors tanks of heads, the last time we see Welles is undead so he is undead

      If you can’t certainly say a character is alive then they are unknown, it’s why Nick and Daniel are considered unknown, becuase they were on a collapsing dam, but the last parts of the episode doesn’t show what happened to them

      Personally I don’t understand why Everado was marked as dead becuase he is never shown in the episode, shouldn’t he be unknown?

      Everado is dead because he was most likely inside the damn.

      Guys, please, we don't have to over complicate this stuff. It's text book...

      You get bit, you're basically dead. If you survive an amputation, you're alive! Connor gets no special treatment. Heavy assumptions aren't meant to be made.

      My biggest example is still with Tobias. Yes, we saw him alive, getting dropped off at his house. And Madison drives off as he goes inside. So should he be alive?

      No. Cause that was three fucking seasons ago.

      Carl is alive because he's RIGHT THERE with them and he HAS NOT succumbed yet.

      Nick is alive because he's confirmed to appear next season. Daniel is unknown because he is unconfirmed.

      It's so simple... I don't understand why people want this down to the minute detail.

      What's better:

      Carl: Status: Soon to be deceased, currently bitten, close to succumbing, barely clinging to life.

      Carl: Status: Alive

      I use Carl as the primary example here because... he's the primary example.

      Alex is unknown cause we haven't seen her for two seasons and she was last seen on a boat owned by a pirate gang that fell faster than a weight.

      I hope nobody says "The Flight 462 passengers are unknown cause we didn't see their bodies post crash." Yeah it's cause they died.

      Can we close this thread and leave everything as is? Bickering over character status is not something I want to do-- not something anyone should be doing. I tried to be rational with this but clearly that's not how to handle this.

      I agree with it all except Everado, I’m pretty sure we are not meant to assume they are dead

      Everardo is insanely minor. What’s the point in assuming he’s alive. He was inside the damn dam. The same damn dam that happened to, I don’t know, EXPLODE.

      And The Proctors killed all of the workers, by gunshot or throwing them off the dam.

        Loading editor
    • Marsopa Voladora wrote:
      KeepOnKeepingOn wrote:

      MoralesLives wrote:


      KeepOnKeepingOn wrote:


      MoralesLives wrote:
      i feel like it’s pretty simple, and I will give examples

      Rick gets stuck in a tank in season 1 episode 1 and then it ends, as we can clearly see he is alive, albeit it is highly likely he may have died afterwards his status up to that episode is still alive

      Connor (ftwd) is bit on the arm, it’s never shown wether the bite is amputated or not which makes it unknown to us wether he had survived or not

      Beth’s corpse is bought out of the Atlanta hospital by Daryl, we can see she is dead becuase before a bullet went through her brain and now she is unconscious, she is dead

      Welles’ head is chopped off by someone in Woodbury and it’s ater seen in the governors tanks of heads, the last time we see Welles is undead so he is undead

      If you can’t certainly say a character is alive then they are unknown, it’s why Nick and Daniel are considered unknown, becuase they were on a collapsing dam, but the last parts of the episode doesn’t show what happened to them

      Personally I don’t understand why Everado was marked as dead becuase he is never shown in the episode, shouldn’t he be unknown?

      Everado is dead because he was most likely inside the damn.

      Guys, please, we don't have to over complicate this stuff. It's text book...

      You get bit, you're basically dead. If you survive an amputation, you're alive! Connor gets no special treatment. Heavy assumptions aren't meant to be made.

      My biggest example is still with Tobias. Yes, we saw him alive, getting dropped off at his house. And Madison drives off as he goes inside. So should he be alive?

      No. Cause that was three fucking seasons ago.

      Carl is alive because he's RIGHT THERE with them and he HAS NOT succumbed yet.

      Nick is alive because he's confirmed to appear next season. Daniel is unknown because he is unconfirmed.

      It's so simple... I don't understand why people want this down to the minute detail.

      What's better:

      Carl: Status: Soon to be deceased, currently bitten, close to succumbing, barely clinging to life.

      Carl: Status: Alive

      I use Carl as the primary example here because... he's the primary example.

      Alex is unknown cause we haven't seen her for two seasons and she was last seen on a boat owned by a pirate gang that fell faster than a weight.

      I hope nobody says "The Flight 462 passengers are unknown cause we didn't see their bodies post crash." Yeah it's cause they died.

      Can we close this thread and leave everything as is? Bickering over character status is not something I want to do-- not something anyone should be doing. I tried to be rational with this but clearly that's not how to handle this.

      I agree with it all except Everado, I’m pretty sure we are not meant to assume they are dead
      Everardo is insanely minor. What’s the point in assuming he’s alive. He was inside the damn dam. The same damn dam that happened to, I don’t know, EXPLODE.
      And The Proctors killed all of the workers, by gunshot or throwing them off the dam.

      Everardo is the new Morales, it's too late.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message