• Last night at SDCC AMC announced that a crossover between the two shows would happen, involving "at least one character going from one show to another" this a huge and risky announcement, so let's break it down

    1) when? While season 9 would make sense, given that they have just announced it before season eight begins, it's likely the crossover is happening this season. Whether they appear before or after the timeskip is unknown however.

    2) It means FTWD season three is likely it's last. Makes no sense to crossover and reveal one of the core cast will survive the show they originated on in subsequent seasons. Plus the showrunner has been leaving and the show lost one of its best lead characters suddenly and haven't been the same since.

    3) Who is it? In my mind there is four likely candidates, Nick Alicia, Madison or Strand. All characters but Victor Strand could be adapted into the Whisperers story if pushed in that direction hard enough, but ign crossed over could be a different thing all together. I personally think if it's just one character it'll be Nick, but if it's more then we will get Madison, Nick and Alicia as Alpha, Lydia and a new whisperer character.

      Loading editor
    • IMG 0182

      Here's a screenshot I found. Legit happening apparently

        Loading editor
    • It's clearly going to be the cosmonaut Strand met.

      There's going to be a scene where Negan is about to execute Rick, and then all of a sudden.

      BOOM.

      Giant flaming space pod smashes Negans into an oil stain

      and the cosmonaut kicks the door out.

      He then unites all the communities as one.

        Loading editor
    • In all seriousness though, if they incorporate it into the Whisperars arc, some are more likely than others.

      I doubt it will be Madison. Her reception is not so favorable as of late.

      I'm going to go on a limb and say it's not Daniel. Too old, no offense to him.

      Troy will probably get himself killed for Nick or something like that, and even if he made it to TWD, he would go nuts and Rick would have to off him.

      Ophelia just doesn't offer anything.

      Walker is too new, wouldn't make an impact.

      Strand won't be just because I get the hunch he will die a certain way. First episode I saw Strand, I'm like, "Yeah, he's going to get bit at some point." I feel it in my gut.

      Alicia and Nick are most likely, Nick more so than Alicia.

      They might choose Alicia if they want to surprise us, but Nick has a loner background, and him wandering the Earth after his family masscared is one of the only reasons I can think a FTWD could have traveled so far. Plus his affinity for masking his scent and other such things would fit well into a Whisperer's Arc, whether he has ties to them or not (I feel like he currently has way too much humanity to be a Whisperer).

        Loading editor
    • OTHER POSSIBILITY:

      This is what Kirkman said.

      “There is one character that is going to go from one show, that I will not name, to another show, that I will not name.” 

      He never said that it's a FTWD going to TWD. While I find the idea of Morales showing up at Rick's door as cringey as most of you do, what if he shows up in FTWD?

      If you check the timelines, the Atlanta Group and Broke Jaw Ranch are massacred on the EXACT same day. On the very next day (so the day right after the most recent FTWD episode) Morales formally parts from the group.

      Still, that's a lot of distance to cover, right?

      Kirkman did announce this is going to happen next year, so we may expect a time jump in Season 4. As for where they meetup given the vast distance?

      Morales said they were going to Birmingham, which is west of Atlanta, which means at the VERY LEAST, he is heading the right direction.

      And then there's the FTWD crew's predicament. Their water situation sucks and shit will inevitably hit the fan at the dam. There's no actual reason to stay where they are. None at all. They're there, because Strand brought them to Mexico, Celia was a crazy beotch, and because Troy was a little shit. 

      As Fear the Walking Dead: Passage shows, new characters are due to be located at the So. Cal. Border, so it is likely that the group will find themselves there, and out of necessity, may move East to escape California.

      But maybe my theory is weak and ill-founded, but tell me this, is it more likely that one of the FTWD crew decides, "Hey, let's go to Washington DC"?

      Edit: Due to the aging of the actors who played his children, if Morales were to return, his family would likely be deceased.

        Loading editor
    • Interesting!!!

        Loading editor
    • As another alternative, that not even I think is likely, what if it's Guillermo? It would probably be underwhelming given the hype this crossover will receive, but I can't be the only one who wants to know what happened to our janitor-turned-gang-boss. His corpse was not seen in the deleted scene in which the Vatos were shown to be massacred.

      I would support it, but I can see why others would not.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe Madison's group could run into Abraham's group.

        Loading editor
    • Wwefan2 wrote:
      Maybe Madison's group could run into Abraham's group.

      Not the worst theory I've heard. I believe they started in Texas?

      With a bit of time the FTWD crew could end up there.

      I did check the names of people who died helping Eugene mentioned in the Self Help, to see if there were any common names, but none so far. Doesn't mean anything though, just thought I'd check.

        Loading editor
    • I REALLY hope Season 4 develops these characters a LOT more then, because as of right now I don't honestly care to see any of them again. Madison has always sucked to me, and she continues to get even worse. I just can't keep dealing with her awful decision making, especially in relation to her kids. 

      Alicia really grew on me for a while, but lately the amount of pure luck that has gotten her out of predicaments is starting to annoy me. I was really beginning  to like her because of how perceptive she is, and how drastically her survival skills have improved, but as of late it seems more like plot armor because she's a too pretty or too popular a face to get hurt than it is actual skill. Even her pseudo-leadership responsibilities felt forced. It's not like the Clarks brought some kind of outside experience against zombies that the residents didn't have like the Alexandria Safe-Zone, they were shown to have a miltia beforehand that was experienced in dealing with zombies and human threats alike. I haven't seen the writers truly test her the way they have Nick. 

      Speaking of, Nick has been annoying me lately as well because of this path that he's allowing Troy to take him down. He's been through a lot lately, I'll give him that. The guilt he's carrying over killing Troy's dad and initially lying to him about it humanizes him, and it's understandable if he's having a hard time bringing himself to kill Troy as well. He even feels a connection to Troy because of their troubled mental states, sure. But what I don't understand is the loss of moral fiber that allows him to keep letting Troy endanger his loved ones. Nick made an absolutely superb jump in ethical understanding over the course of seasons 2 & 3, to now see him regress so heavily is just disheartening. I was expecting the pill problem to be something that his character has largely overcome, but this most recent episode shows that he still knows all the lingo and has no qualms whatsoever about popping bills again. Way to erase 2 seasons worth of character development guys. 

      I will be quite unpleasantly surprised if it turns out to be Strand. Yes I've always loved his intelligence and articulate quips for just about every situation, but as a survivor, I absolutely can't stand characters of his type. He's practically Eugene to me with the exception of actually being able to kill zombies when the situation calls for it. But the underhanded weasel-ness is ever-present, and characters like him are just simply not supposed to make it in the long run. In other words, there is much less respect to be had for the characters who get by with subterfuge and deception, than of those that have earned their keep by learning how to fight for their survival with their own two hands, not with words. However since it doesn't really make sense for it to be someone they introduce in Season 4, one of those 4 characters seem to make the most sense. 

        Loading editor
    • I hope its Morales severed head on a spike in FTWD just to put an end to the "Return of Morales" theories.

        Loading editor
    • Speaking of, Nick has been annoying me lately as well because of this path that he's allowing Troy to take him down. 

      Troy is very much responsible for much of the shit Nick has been through, no doubt about that. But did you see the last episode? Nick was freaking Troy out.

      Troy, in his own demented Troy-ish way, decided to take Nick's lead, and the first thing Nick does is decide to steal Ophelia's painkillers and trip on brain stems.

      In one episode, two seasons of character progression for Nick are practically stomped on.

        Loading editor
    • RazeSpear wrote:
      OTHER POSSIBILITY:

      Edit: Due to the aging of the actors who played his children, if Morales were to return, his family would likely be deceased.

      Morales' kids don't have to be killed off. They can easily be recast.

        Loading editor
    • Fuck Morales.

        Loading editor
    • Can be Abraham Ford 

        Loading editor
    • he can appear in Fear before meeting Eugene and Rosita, if I'm not mistaken in Texas it can be

        Loading editor
    • Well it seems that Season 4 will take place in Texas, so running into Abraham's group may be the most likely option.

        Loading editor
    • CaringRhee123456789 wrote:
      he can appear in Fear before meeting Eugene and Rosita, if I'm not mistaken in Texas it can be

      I'm not so sure it will before.

      Either he will have met Eugene already, or they will have to spin it that Abraham and his family were separated for some time.

      Why?

      Because kids grow like weeds.

      If they find Abraham with his family, his kids could physically different than the flashback we saw prior to their deaths in Season 5.


      So either they come up with an excuse for his family, or Eugene may be there. No idea when Abraham met Rosita however.

        Loading editor
    • Tbh there was actually a lot of evidence supporting a Morales crossover becuase of how FTWD group and Morales leave their camps at the same time and Morales for starters heads in the right direction

      Altough the group go west to the dam I honestly thought that we would basically go there to pick up Efrain Morales (I didn’t think the last name was a coincidence) becuase the dam would be destroyed or something else.

      After this I believed the group would head north east becuase

      1. Jake mentions somewhere safe in that direction

      2. Alicia heads in that direction

      3. Madison was born in Montgomery Alabama very close to Birmingham

      Also if any other character were to crossover it would be kinda lame becuase we know they wouldn’t die but that wouldn’t have happened with Morales

      TL;DR I’ll just no,her the reasons

      1. Morales would keep you on your toes

      2. Efrain is probably related to Morales

      3. FTWD gang and Morales head in the same directions

      But now that Morales appeared again in TWD and FTWD killed Efrain in the finale I doubt a Morales appearance in fear

        Loading editor
    • MoralesLives wrote:
      Tbh there was actually a lot of evidence supporting a Morales crossover becuase of how FTWD group and Morales leave their camps at the same time and Morales for starters heads in the right direction

      Altough the group go west to the dam I honestly thought that we would basically go there to pick up Efrain Morales (I didn’t think the last name was a coincidence) becuase the dam would be destroyed or something else.

      After this I believed the group would head north east becuase

      1. Jake mentions somewhere safe in that direction

      2. Alicia heads in that direction

      3. Madison was born in Montgomery Alabama very close to Birmingham

      Also if any other character were to crossover it would be kinda lame becuase we know they wouldn’t die but that wouldn’t have happened with Morales

      TL;DR I’ll just no,her the reasons

      1. Morales would keep you on your toes

      2. Efrain is probably related to Morales

      3. FTWD gang and Morales head in the same directions

      But now that Morales appeared again in TWD and FTWD killed Efrain in the finale I doubt a Morales appearance in fear

      Morales? You mean that surname that millions of unrelated people have? It's like saying a Smith is related to another Smith.}

      1) Morales is nothing. He's just irrelevant. In S1 he was and irrelevant good guy, and in S8 he was an average Savior. He has no personality, nor he needs one cause he's irrelevant, again.

      2) Flawed logic. You could argue that was even racist or some shit.

      3) There's no way they could even travel to Alabama in the next season. That's like three times the distance between Georgia and DC.

        Loading editor
    • DipsonDP wrote:

      MoralesLives wrote:
      Tbh there was actually a lot of evidence supporting a Morales crossover becuase of how FTWD group and Morales leave their camps at the same time and Morales for starters heads in the right direction

      Altough the group go west to the dam I honestly thought that we would basically go there to pick up Efrain Morales (I didn’t think the last name was a coincidence) becuase the dam would be destroyed or something else.

      After this I believed the group would head north east becuase

      1. Jake mentions somewhere safe in that direction

      2. Alicia heads in that direction

      3. Madison was born in Montgomery Alabama very close to Birmingham

      Also if any other character were to crossover it would be kinda lame becuase we know they wouldn’t die but that wouldn’t have happened with Morales

      TL;DR I’ll just no,her the reasons

      1. Morales would keep you on your toes

      2. Efrain is probably related to Morales

      3. FTWD gang and Morales head in the same directions

      But now that Morales appeared again in TWD and FTWD killed Efrain in the finale I doubt a Morales appearance in fear

      Morales? You mean that surname that millions of unrelated people have? It's like saying a Smith is related to another Smith.}

      1) Morales is nothing. He's just irrelevant. In S1 he was and irrelevant good guy, and in S8 he was an average Savior. He has no personality, nor he needs one cause he's irrelevant, again.

      2) Flawed logic. You could argue that was even racist or some shit.

      3) There's no way they could even travel to Alabama in the next season. That's like three times the distance between Georgia and DC.

      They could’ve given him some character

      If I made an assumption like that in real life I would find it racist but in a show it’s different becuase people have to choose the names so despite it being a common name it’s just weird how Morales was selected again for a Hispanic character

      Assuming a time skip this would be made more possible

      Doesn’t matter though becuase it’s not happening :P

        Loading editor
    • MoralesLives wrote: Tbh there was actually a lot of evidence supporting a Morales crossover becuase of how FTWD group and Morales leave their camps at the same time and Morales for starters heads in the right direction

      Altough the group go west to the dam I honestly thought that we would basically go there to pick up Efrain Morales (I didn’t think the last name was a coincidence) becuase the dam would be destroyed or something else.

      After this I believed the group would head north east becuase

      1. Jake mentions somewhere safe in that direction

      2. Alicia heads in that direction

      3. Madison was born in Montgomery Alabama very close to Birmingham

      Also if any other character were to crossover it would be kinda lame becuase we know they wouldn’t die but that wouldn’t have happened with Morales

      TL;DR I’ll just no,her the reasons

      1. Morales would keep you on your toes

      2. Efrain is probably related to Morales

      3. FTWD gang and Morales head in the same directions

      But now that Morales appeared again in TWD and FTWD killed Efrain in the finale I doubt a Morales appearance in fear

      Morales appearing FTWD is highly unlikely because FTWD season 4 is being filmed in Austin, Texas and Morales' family never even made it to Birmingham.

        Loading editor
    • Well we know who it is now

        Loading editor
    • Mistertrouble189
      Mistertrouble189 removed this reply because:
      .
      02:24, March 30, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message