Walking Dead Wiki

Why does everybody like Negan

  • Don't understand, why does Negan have such a large fan base

      Loading editor
    • idk either 

      hes a dick

      he cussez a LOT

      and the show version is better

        Loading editor
    • Negan isn't on the show yet

        Loading editor
    • OK, Bloxx! Why do you talk like that and why does half the wiki like Negan, 

        Loading editor
    • Because he embodies the idea of autocracy, and is a strong character with a vision of his own, and a very funny way of expressing himself. It's a great kind of villain, the kind of character for which ends justify means, but who gets to enjoy very much the means.

        Loading editor
    • Funny, he's crude, he killed Comic Glenn, He is a psychopath, just because he jokes all the time and says the f-word in almost every sentence he says does not make him a good character

        Loading editor
    • But liking a character doesn't imply it has to be a good character. Liking is highly subjective. I stated why I like it. I can add that I find him a bit intriguing and interesting, but both characteristics are also subjective.

        Loading editor
    • - Great character - Awesome dialogue - Nice looking character design - And I always like the villains over the heroes. Why? Because they are unrestrained in what they do and that makes them more enjoyable to read.

        Loading editor
    • hi all :)
      we need money  : here

      for gaming :)

        Loading editor
    • Earn-money-dollars-us.blogspot.com wrote:
      hi all :)
      we need money  : here

      for gaming :)

      please don't post advertising here

        Loading editor
    • I agree with this decon guy, I hate Megan too 

        Loading editor
    • Seriously, stop making threads asking why we like villians.

      He has a funny way of expressing himself, he isn't brutal or insane like the Gov. He has feelings, and is EXTREMELY unpredictable. Of COURSE I wanted Rick to win the war, but when he kept Negan alive, I was like YES.

      Without Negan, a lot of great moments wouldn't have happened.

      Glenn's death was sad, but, it's kinda fun to hate the bad guy?

        Loading editor
    • CharlesIII wrote:

      Earn-money-dollars-us.blogspot.com wrote:
      hi all :)
      we need money  : here

      for gaming :)

      please don't post advertising here

      Yes telling a bot not to advertise is totally going to work

        Loading editor
    • Negan is a very interesting character with amazing dialogue.....Plus, He is my husband and such a great daddy to our kid! Hi hihihihi <3

      Negan and his son

      But seriously, Though he killed Glenn and did many other stuff, He has more worth than Rick is as a character imo.

        Loading editor
    • While I disagree that he's worth more than Rick, he's a great character. Not all good guys have to be the good characters. What he did to Glenn will forever fuel my want to see him dead, but there's no reason that death has to come quickly

        Loading editor
    • Colourful Walker wrote:
      Seriously, stop making threads asking why we like villians.

      He has a funny way of expressing himself, he isn't brutal or insane like the Gov. He has feelings, and is EXTREMELY unpredictable. Of COURSE I wanted Rick to win the war, but when he kept Negan alive, I was like YES.

      Without Negan, a lot of great moments wouldn't have happened.

      Glenn's death was sad, but, it's kinda fun to hate the bad guy?

      Are you kidding me, Began is brutal, he (in early appearances), he humorously referenced killing Glenn, he's just an asshole, am I the only one bside Devon who does not like Negan, and just because he says "Fuck Fuck Fuck" all the time does not mean he's funny, besides. that's a crude sense of humor

        Loading editor
    • NikkiNicks wrote:
      Colourful Walker wrote:
      Seriously, stop making threads asking why we like villians.

      He has a funny way of expressing himself, he isn't brutal or insane like the Gov. He has feelings, and is EXTREMELY unpredictable. Of COURSE I wanted Rick to win the war, but when he kept Negan alive, I was like YES.

      Without Negan, a lot of great moments wouldn't have happened.

      Glenn's death was sad, but, it's kinda fun to hate the bad guy?

      Are you kidding me, Began is brutal, he (in early appearances), he humorously referenced killing Glenn, he's just an asshole, am I the only one bside Devon who does not like Negan, and just because he says "Fuck Fuck Fuck" all the time does not mean he's funny, besides. that's a crude sense of humor

      It's not an issue of liking NEGAN. It's an issue of liking the character. I absolutely hate him for killing Glenn. If I was in Rick's shoes, I wouldn't have been the better person. I'd have caved his skull in slowly and painfully with the very love of his life. 

      Just because you hate HIM, doesn't mean you should hate the character. He's a well made character with an interesting personality. I don't find him funny often, but he does have his own morbid humor. He's interesting. Like Carl, there's a lot of story to be told and if either were killed off early those stories would be lost.

        Loading editor
    • NikkiNicks wrote:
      Colourful Walker wrote:
      Seriously, stop making threads asking why we like villians.

      He has a funny way of expressing himself, he isn't brutal or insane like the Gov. He has feelings, and is EXTREMELY unpredictable. Of COURSE I wanted Rick to win the war, but when he kept Negan alive, I was like YES.

      Without Negan, a lot of great moments wouldn't have happened.

      Glenn's death was sad, but, it's kinda fun to hate the bad guy?

      Are you kidding me, Began is brutal, he (in early appearances), he humorously referenced killing Glenn, he's just an asshole, am I the only one bside Devon who does not like Negan, and just because he says "Fuck Fuck Fuck" all the time does not mean he's funny, besides. that's a crude sense of humor

      If you're going to correct me, spell his name right.

      And I don't like him just because he swears. You can't assume that's why I think he's funny. I take that as an insult.

      Also, Rick and Negan are (were) VERY similar. Rick tortured the Hunters to death, becaue of what they did to Dale and other people. Negan killed Glenn because Rick killed some of Negan's. Negan gets things done. He's not an angel, but not as evil as people make out.

        Loading editor
    • I know how his name is spelled, there just typo's

        Loading editor
    • Colourful Walker wrote:
      NikkiNicks wrote:
      Colourful Walker wrote:
      Seriously, stop making threads asking why we like villians.

      He has a funny way of expressing himself, he isn't brutal or insane like the Gov. He has feelings, and is EXTREMELY unpredictable. Of COURSE I wanted Rick to win the war, but when he kept Negan alive, I was like YES.

      Without Negan, a lot of great moments wouldn't have happened.

      Glenn's death was sad, but, it's kinda fun to hate the bad guy?

      Are you kidding me, Began is brutal, he (in early appearances), he humorously referenced killing Glenn, he's just an asshole, am I the only one bside Devon who does not like Negan, and just because he says "Fuck Fuck Fuck" all the time does not mean he's funny, besides. that's a crude sense of humor
      If you're going to correct me, spell his name right.

      And I don't like him just because he swears. You can't assume that's why I think he's funny. I take that as an insult.

      Also, Rick and Negan are (were) VERY similar. Rick tortured the Hunters to death, becaue of what they did to Dale and other people. Negan killed Glenn because Rick killed some of Negan's. Negan gets things done. He's not an angel, but not as evil as people make out.

      Rick killed some of Negan's because they attacked his group, when they did nothing, Rick was just defending him, I don't like all great characters, just because he's a good character doesn't mean I have to like him. now I know why, people like psychopath's It represents how bad people's morals have become, and yes I have morals 

        Loading editor
    • NikkiNicks wrote:
      Colourful Walker wrote:
      NikkiNicks wrote:
      Colourful Walker wrote:
      Seriously, stop making threads asking why we like villians.

      He has a funny way of expressing himself, he isn't brutal or insane like the Gov. He has feelings, and is EXTREMELY unpredictable. Of COURSE I wanted Rick to win the war, but when he kept Negan alive, I was like YES.

      Without Negan, a lot of great moments wouldn't have happened.

      Glenn's death was sad, but, it's kinda fun to hate the bad guy?

      Are you kidding me, Began is brutal, he (in early appearances), he humorously referenced killing Glenn, he's just an asshole, am I the only one bside Devon who does not like Negan, and just because he says "Fuck Fuck Fuck" all the time does not mean he's funny, besides. that's a crude sense of humor
      If you're going to correct me, spell his name right.

      And I don't like him just because he swears. You can't assume that's why I think he's funny. I take that as an insult.

      Also, Rick and Negan are (were) VERY similar. Rick tortured the Hunters to death, becaue of what they did to Dale and other people. Negan killed Glenn because Rick killed some of Negan's. Negan gets things done. He's not an angel, but not as evil as people make out.

      Rick killed some of Negan's because they attacked his group, when they did nothing, Rick was just defending him, I don't like all great characters, just because he's a good character doesn't mean I have to like him. now I know why, people like psychopath's It represents how bad people's morals have become, and yes I have morals 

      Sorry to say, but people's morals haven't become anything. They've always been that way. The only difference between us and the world of TWD is the fact that we don't have zombies. People are the exact same

        Loading editor
    • Morals haven't become anything because people barely have any morals, but why like a villain, and if you ask anything else, villains usually have asshole qualities, and if you sympathize with them, then that means you're the vilain in a story (trying to get aa poutn across)

        Loading editor
    • NikkiNicks wrote:
      Morals haven't become anything because people barely have any morals, but why like a villain, and if you ask anything else, villains usually have asshole qualities, and if you sympathize with them, then that means you're the vilain in a story (trying to get aa poutn across)

      The character themselves might be bad, but Negan and some others are good characters. Even though they do horrible things, it doesn't make it right to think that all villains are supposed to not be liked. Every character(or at least most) has a bad side. Even though The Hunters deserved it, Rick, Andrea, Abraham, and Michonne went to one of their lowest levels by killing them so brutally. Tell yourself(NikkiNicks) - "Are the villains the only ones to do evil or wicked things.

      If you still don't understand that not only the villains in the Walking Dead does bad things, then you'll need to research your facts.

      PS. Your spell is wrong in some places in vocab and in grammar.

        Loading editor
    • TWDFan630 wrote:
      NikkiNicks wrote:
      Morals haven't become anything because people barely have any morals, but why like a villain, and if you ask anything else, villains usually have asshole qualities, and if you sympathize with them, then that means you're the vilain in a story (trying to get aa poutn across)
      The character themselves might be bad, but Negan and some others are good characters. Even though they do horrible things, it doesn't make it right to think that all villains are supposed to not be liked. Every character(or at least most) has a bad side. Even though The Hunters deserved it, Rick, Andrea, Abraham, and Michonne went to one of their lowest levels by killing them so brutally. Tell yourself(NikkiNicks) - "Are the villains the only ones to do evil or wicked things.

      If you still don't understand that not only the villains in the Walking Dead does bad things, then you'll need to research your facts.

      PS. Your spell is wrong in some places in vocab and in grammar.

      Also, you're wrong about people having any morals. Everyone does. Some has lots of it, and some has very little of it. It depends. Don't be a hypocrite if you don't want the real facts.

        Loading editor
    • WalkerMaimer wrote:
      Negan is a very interesting character with amazing dialogue.....Plus, He is my husband and such a great daddy to our kid! Hi hihihihi <3
      Negan and his son

      But seriously, Though he killed Glenn and did many other stuff, He has more worth than Rick is as a character imo.

      lol Maimer. That pic tho...

        Loading editor
    • One..A course Rick has done some bad things, but for good reason, Negan mainly has no or very little reason  Two. When I say people have no morals, it means they have very bad morals, Like Mikey Cyrus for example

      Three. My bad grammar are typo's, sometimes i type fast 

        Loading editor
    • NikkiNicks wrote:
      One..A course Rick has done some bad things, but for good reason, Negan mainly has no or very little reason 

      Two. When I say people have no morals, it means they have very bad morals, Like Mikey Cyrus for example

      Three. My bad grammar are typo's, sometimes i type fast 

      Tell me about Miley Cyrus' morals and how they are bad.

        Loading editor
    • Bloxxasourus wrote:
      NikkiNicks wrote:
      One..A course Rick has done some bad things, but for good reason, Negan mainly has no or very little reason 

      Two. When I say people have no morals, it means they have very bad morals, Like Mikey Cyrus for example

      Three. My bad grammar are typo's, sometimes i type fast 

      Tell me about Miley Cyrus' morals and how they are bad.

      ^

        Loading editor
    • TWDFan630 wrote:
      Bloxxasourus wrote:
      NikkiNicks wrote:
      One..A course Rick has done some bad things, but for good reason, Negan mainly has no or very little reason 

      Two. When I say people have no morals, it means they have very bad morals, Like Mikey Cyrus for example

      Three. My bad grammar are typo's, sometimes i type fast 

      Tell me about Miley Cyrus' morals and how they are bad.
      ^

      I am not trying to be a hypocrite, I'm stating my honest opinion, and who am I being hypocritical

        Loading editor
    • NikkiNicks wrote:
      TWDFan630 wrote:
      Bloxxasourus wrote:
      NikkiNicks wrote:
      One..A course Rick has done some bad things, but for good reason, Negan mainly has no or very little reason 

      Two. When I say people have no morals, it means they have very bad morals, Like Mikey Cyrus for example

      Three. My bad grammar are typo's, sometimes i type fast 

      Tell me about Miley Cyrus' morals and how they are bad.
      ^
      I am not trying to be a hypocrite, I'm stating my honest opinion, and who am I being hypocritical

      No one is calling you a hypocrite, I just want to know why you think Miley Cyrus has bad morals.

        Loading editor
    • Bloxxasourus wrote:
      NikkiNicks wrote:
      TWDFan630 wrote:
      Bloxxasourus wrote:
      NikkiNicks wrote:
      One..A course Rick has done some bad things, but for good reason, Negan mainly has no or very little reason 

      Two. When I say people have no morals, it means they have very bad morals, Like Mikey Cyrus for example

      Three. My bad grammar are typo's, sometimes i type fast 

      Tell me about Miley Cyrus' morals and how they are bad.
      ^
      I am not trying to be a hypocrite, I'm stating my honest opinion, and who am I being hypocritical
      No one is calling you a hypocrite, I just want to know why you think Miley Cyrus has bad morals.

      Actually, I did call him a hypocrite.

        Loading editor
    • TWDFan630 wrote:
      Bloxxasourus wrote:
      NikkiNicks wrote:
      TWDFan630 wrote:
      Bloxxasourus wrote:
      NikkiNicks wrote:
      One..A course Rick has done some bad things, but for good reason, Negan mainly has no or very little reason 

      Two. When I say people have no morals, it means they have very bad morals, Like Mikey Cyrus for example

      Three. My bad grammar are typo's, sometimes i type fast 

      Tell me about Miley Cyrus' morals and how they are bad.
      ^
      I am not trying to be a hypocrite, I'm stating my honest opinion, and who am I being hypocritical
      No one is calling you a hypocrite, I just want to know why you think Miley Cyrus has bad morals.
      Actually, I did call him a hypocrite.

      kkkool

        Loading editor
    • LOL a person with shitty grammar and spelling tried to correct someone else's grammar and spelling!

        Loading editor
    • Pops Capo wrote:
      LOL a person with shitty grammar and spelling tried to correct someone else's grammar and spelling!

      LOL isn't grammatically correct pls dont be such a hypocrite!!

        Loading editor
    • AmazingPurry wrote:

      Pops Capo wrote:
      LOL a person with shitty grammar and spelling tried to correct someone else's grammar and spelling!

      LOL isn't grammatically correct pls dont be such a hypocrite!!

      You're wrong about it doesn't being grammatically right. All slang is. Some is not, and some is a little. It depends.

        Loading editor
    • Pops Capo wrote:

      AmazingPurry wrote:

      Pops Capo wrote:
      LOL a person with shitty grammar and spelling tried to correct someone else's grammar and spelling!
      LOL isn't grammatically correct pls dont be such a hypocrite!!

      You're wrong about it doesn't being grammatically right. All slang is. Some is not, and some is a little. It depends.

      wateve u say swetie, your grammer is very bad maybe take a few tips from me :)

        Loading editor
    • If you still don't understand that not only the grammar and spell in my post is right, then you'll need to research your facts.

      Don't be a hypocrite if you don't want the real facts.

        Loading editor
    • NikkiNicks wrote:
      Morals haven't become anything because people barely have any morals, but why like a villain, and if you ask anything else, villains usually have asshole qualities, and if you sympathize with them, then that means you're the vilain in a story (trying to get aa poutn across)

      You can sympathize with a villain without being a villain. The TV version of the Governor losing his daughter, for the second time, tell me you genuinely did not sympathize with that. Tell me that wasn't disheartening. 

      A man just got validation that his daughter is indeed dead, do you blame him for getting a grudge against Rick and company?

      And part of the reason you SHOULD like a villain is without them half of THe Walking Dead we know now would not be a thing. Rick reaches prison. They live there. They find no bad people. The know how to kill wlakers. Safety forever.

      That'd be an incredibly boring story.

      And again, liking Negan and liking the character is two completely different things. You don't have to like a character over their morals [which by the way, if you as me people have never had morals. There are just people who stand above the truly evil]. You should like a really well made character. Negan happens to be really well made, and he just so happens to be a villain. As a person, if I met Negan I'd probably hate his guts. As a reader, I appreciate the person Kirkman put the effort into creating for me to enjoy reading about.

        Loading editor
    • Pops Capo wrote:

      AmazingPurry wrote:

      Pops Capo wrote:
      LOL a person with shitty grammar and spelling tried to correct someone else's grammar and spelling!
      LOL isn't grammatically correct pls dont be such a hypocrite!!

      You're wrong about it doesn't being grammatically right. All slang is. Some is not, and some is a little. It depends.

      "You're wrong about it doesn't being grammatically right." Okay, mang.

        Loading editor
    • Pops Capo wrote:
      If you still don't understand that not only the grammar and spell in my post is right, then you'll need to research your facts.

      Don't be a hypocrite if you don't want the real facts.

      Okay swetie u keep on thinking that swattie sweeotie

      swetea

      swotei

      hunny :)

        Loading editor
    • Throughout history, most humans have traditionally fallen for the charismatic psychopath. The ones who don't, get oppressed or killed. This phenomenon is why a business fraud who cheated his way to become a billionaire with no political chops is winning people over with simple hate filled rhetoric, even in the midst of all his hypocrisy. Ultimately human beings are largely ruled by their fears and will stand behind a character like Negan, like Drumpf, like Hitler, because they want to feel strong and invincible. Psychopaths know this about humans: the weak, of whom there are many, always strive to be weaker and want someone to take care of the responsibility of dark decisions for them. That way they can say, "I was just following orders." This is why our world is controlled by psychopaths. Then the eminent psychopaths fight for world domination and throw their subjects into the meat grinder in the name of god guns guts and glory. And every time we go for it like frightened little angry children who forgot to pull out their balls and stand for what's right no matter what. Like Negan said, he doesn't want to kill everyone, because then who will work for him? Our cowardice just gets the better of us and we favor short term survival over long term demoralization and ruin. Then we complain the state of the world is terrible. However, systems can't exist unless you participate...

      Edit: it doesn't help that most humans choose their own perceptions and beliefs instead of logical fact when it is presented to them. This is why we have to have ethics and critical thinking classes, to engage rational thought that will override the simple mammalian 'I saw it that way, so I must be right!' perception based circuits that are so rudimentary and often fallible.

        Loading editor
    •  U r absolutly correct to bring trump into this. It needed some political edgieness. Not enough of that everywhere else. So then Negan is trump? Anyway, yeah what we need is socialism or blatant money/fame grubbers right? Talk about self important people letting thier lessers go into a meat grinder....benghazi much?....but hey whats it matter now right? Socialism is great....until you run out of OTHER peoples money.....u brought this onto yourself btw...."YOU DID THIS....NOT ME!", theres a Rick n shane ref to make it walking dead....sorry to everyone for having to read this bs but I had to say something about that...btw Im not a Trump guy...he is an idiot.

        Loading editor
    • Dear Leviathan 030, you saw an explanation of a phenomenon in which a current, valid example was used as a response to the original question. This example simply explains the characteristics of the billionaire as it applies to explaining human attachment to psychopathy. Through your fairly incoherent and admittedly useless diatribe, you essentially said you stopped reading the response after the second sentence. You began bringing in your personal political opinions which are completely irrelevant to the discussion. Although you seem to be highly irritated by political opinions and rhetoric, you devolved into spewing your own political ideas everywhere and completely missed the point. I'm not sure if you have attention span problems or an inability to focus, read and critically think (nowhere in what I wrote, nor in real life could you conflate Negan with Trump, excepting in the fact they are both psychopaths and that's where the resemblance ends, largely). But I'm definitely sure you have control problems and an inability to communicate effectively. Not to mention that stellar 'here's what I think you did to offend my delicate sensibilities, so I'm going to do the same thing to teach you a lesson." Juvenile behavior and a tactic most effective when you CORRECTLY perceive what's going on.

        Loading editor
    • Wow.....just wow. I can see you enjoy the thought of being correct, even if it is in your own mind. You say psychopathy and act like the man has a confirmed diagnosis...I would love to see your psychiatriac degree. I am simply stating that YOU brought into a comic discussion your own political OPINIONS......yes opinions, all of which are baseless mind you. I then stated facts using direct quotes and logic. Now I could sit here and toss out long words (which I DO appreciate) but there is no need as you have already proven you have either an iferiority complex or the inability to listen and realize what the entire point was. I will spell it out simply, though, I am sure you will reply thusly with a vast knowledge of multi syllable words so as to make "low information" (that quote is for you, if you get it) people think highly of you. This is a comic board, please leave that crap out of here.

        Loading editor
    • First post

        Loading editor
    • Ok, so, Negan is a natural aristocrat. There are two kinds of people: thoise who work, the many and give half what they have to the few. From feudal aristocrats to bankers, from serfs to tax-payers. Ricks group could have been the aristocrats, but they dont have what it takes. You have to be willing to be hated. "Let them hate me, as long as they fear me".


      Ricks group should have anticipated this, but they never anticipate anything. Not disease, not herds, not attacks. They are always relaxing and being taken by surprise. Negan wouldnt do that. 


      Rick's group should offer their superb skill-set to Negan. Think of Game Of Thrones, where you have the big Houses and the lesser bannermen...in real life that was the Duke and his affinity. Feudal barons in Russia had thier Cossacks: free tribesmen with their own ethic who serve the baron, they are not his dull-eyed serfs. 


      And Rich should deal with all that pathetic manhood crap. So what if Negan says "I've slipped my dick down your throat". Its only words. You can bet it would roll off a woman...but a guy like Rick can be all in bits about it. His precious fragile manhood. So that means, as usual, he wont see clearly. he's collapsed again, and has given over all their weapons. 


      And if he doesnt want to be Negan's Cossacks/bannermen/affinity, then he should have fought. So what, Negan's got the numbers? History is full of examples of smaller numbers beating larger. I bet Negan always has the same guys to do his dirty work, a hardcore. Kill them...hell, kill Negan...and the battle is half over. 

        Loading editor
    • A Fandom user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.