Walking Dead Wiki

Is Judith DEAD or ALIVE

  • Shellturtleguy
    Shellturtleguy removed this thread because:
    Spoilers
    16:57, February 13, 2014

    I think that Judith "Judy" Grimmes is in fact, deceased. Even thouhgh it looks like Tyreese saved her, I feel that her death will be revealed in S4E9 "After" primeiring tonight. (Your Thoughts?) :-)

      Loading editor
    • It won't be revealed tonight, In IGN's interview with Gale Anne Hurd, she revealed that we won't discover Judith's fate for awhile. I hope she is dead but I doubt they'll kill a baby.

        Loading editor
    • CamTheWoot wrote:
      It won't be revealed tonight, In IGN's interview with Gale Anne Hurd, she revealed that we won't discover Judith's fate for awhile. I hope she is dead but I doubt they'll kill a baby.

      If she's alive, that won't be the reason.

        Loading editor
    • Shellturtleguy wrote:
      CamTheWoot wrote:
      It won't be revealed tonight, In IGN's interview with Gale Anne Hurd, she revealed that we won't discover Judith's fate for awhile. I hope she is dead but I doubt they'll kill a baby.
      If she's alive, that won't be the reason.

      How so? I doubt the show writers are intelligent enough to keep her around for story purposes...

        Loading editor
    • I prefer having Carl as the only plot of a kid growing up in the apocalypse... Let's face, there was a lot of blood in that seat.

        Loading editor
    • Pops Capo wrote: I prefer having Carl as the only plot of a kid growing up in the apocalypse... Let's face, there was a lot of blood in that seat.

      Needless to say, this Judith is dead

        Loading editor
    • Carl isn't a "kid" anymore, in the literal sense. He's a teen now and the kids left are Lizzie and her sister.

        Loading editor
    • Deadly, you started a massive editing war on Judiths page when Too Far Gone aired because you seem so sure Judith is dead. There's no concrete proof yet she's dead and her fate is left ambiguous right now for a reason.

        Loading editor
    • It's most likely dead. Lizzy and others left her alone when they went looking for guns, and seriously, walkers aren't that stupid, they can't miss a baby secured to its chair. Also, that would be consistent with the comic story arc they seem to be following right now. Lizzy would be the psycho killer twin, in my speculation. The dead, open rats Tyreese found would be the cat such twin killed before killing his own brother, etc. I think they will mimick the comic for a while.

        Loading editor
    • Also, I think the fact they didn't show the dead baby was just to avoid showing such a disturbing image. The way I see it, they don't expect anyone to doubt Judith is dead, but tried to make it clear without being extra gore-y. It was a baby, after all.

        Loading editor
    • I think Carol has her. It would be a cool plot twist. Then Rick would have to let her back into the group.

        Loading editor
    • Callystah wrote:
      I think Carol has her. It would be a cool plot twist. Then Rick would have to let her back into the group.

      Carol didn't just sneak back into the prison and grab Judith in the midst of it all without anybody seeing her. Even if Judith is alive, she's not making it out of this season.

        Loading editor
    • I don't see why she would be dead though. What was the point of even keeping her around this long if they just took her out quietly like that? Also, think about the message that would send. Judith represents hope for the future, innocence. 

        Loading editor
    • 74.193.229.98 wrote:
      I don't see why she would be dead though. What was the point of even keeping her around this long if they just took her out quietly like that? Also, think about the message that would send. Judith represents hope for the future, innocence. 

      There isn't hope, not right now in the story. This makes Too Far Gone even worse than it already was.

        Loading editor
    • Shellturtleguy wrote:
      74.193.229.98 wrote:
      I don't see why she would be dead though. What was the point of even keeping her around this long if they just took her out quietly like that? Also, think about the message that would send. Judith represents hope for the future, innocence. 
      There isn't hope, not right now in the story. This makes Too Far Gone even worse than it already was.

      Too Far Gone was not bad at all it was one of the best episodes EVER

        Loading editor
    • CamTheWoot writes: I doubt they'll kill a baby.

      He forgets the highway scene when a character peers into the backseat of a vehicle and sees a bloody car seat.

        Loading editor
    • Isabella Twilight wrote:
      CamTheWoot writes: I doubt they'll kill a baby.

      He forgets the highway scene when a character peers into the backseat of a vehicle and sees a bloody car seat.

      That's not killing a baby. That's implying a baby that never even appeared died. 

        Loading editor
    • GavinlikesTWD wrote:
      Shellturtleguy wrote:
      74.193.229.98 wrote:
      I don't see why she would be dead though. What was the point of even keeping her around this long if they just took her out quietly like that? Also, think about the message that would send. Judith represents hope for the future, innocence. 
      There isn't hope, not right now in the story. This makes Too Far Gone even worse than it already was.
      Too Far Gone was not bad at all it was one of the best episodes EVER

      A totally one-sided assault that only killed one named character on the Prison side (excluding Hershel who died before it began) and the person was Julio who isn't even an actual "character" in the show so to speak, although he had a good action segment. Nobody knew who he was. The Governor's men got absolutely slaughtered and Daryl's scenes were just absolute shit moments that killed part of the assault. Then they give us a stupid red herring about the baby, who turns out is alive. That degrades the assault so much and it ruins the whole purpose of the Prison assault in the first place. It was just a bad episode.

        Loading editor
    • Turns out the baby is alive? Where do you get that idea from? I honestly don't even see where the "looks like Tyreese saved her" thing from the OP came from. The way I see it, they gave enough hints to assume she died, with no ambiguity. They will not show the corpse, because that'd just be a total lack of tact, and nothing else.

      As for Carol having her, that's just plain ridiculous. On the Judith being the hope, that's right, and that's EXACTLY why she is most likely dead. Too far gone is ALL ABOUT showing how hopeless it is, after all. They didn't show the body, because that'd just be disgusting. A dead baby is not something you generally want to show, not even in a zombies show. You imply it subtly, like, you know, showing here chair full of blood, no trace of the baby. Showing how the ones who found it react, assuming she's dead. And making an emphasis on how the ones who were supposed to be taking care of her just left her there to go look for weapons.

        Loading editor
    • For extra evidence against the "they won't kill a baby" argument, in the comic she dies exactly in that assault. So, would they kill a baby? Yeah, pretty much.

      AND they already killed several kids (remember Dwayne, Penny?), it does not make a whole lot of a difference to kill a baby. I mean, if you already kissed the devil, you can as well go to bed with him.

        Loading editor
    • Exactly Mrugiero. And Andrea did just that and look where it got her. Do you agree with what Rick did to Carol? I mean, who is he to judge? Recall when he, Michonne & Carl just passed up that hitchhiker with the orange backpack and on their way back, noticing him torn apart, doubled back for that backpack? It's a cold world. (As a side note, I knew they were going to do that and when they did, I involuntarily laughed. It is a cold world.)

        Loading editor
    • I agree with that Rick did to Carol, as I see it as he saved her life. In the state Tyreese was, having her in the prison with him was practically a dead sentence. Also, those are very different Ricks. I know he is no judge after the things he did, but still, I don't see Carol's luck being any better if she stayed in the prison.

      Also, I see you say Andrea "did just that", I assume you are talking about my last phrase, so I'll have to make clear that I'm not talking about the characters there, but about the writers: they already make kids die in the story, why would it be any different because it's a baby? They are not writing little house on the prairie, they are writing a dark series about people trying to survive a zombie apocalypse, it's not supposed to be filled with hope everywhere. We had a lot of time to get our hopes up during the 4th season, and now there comes a down. It's just how it is, and if you expect otherwise you will probably be disappointed. I can't tell anyone what to do, but I wouldn't advise anyone to watch a series they can't enjoy because they depict a hopeless world as hopeless. That's what the comment about going to bed with the devil is about. Also, Andrea didn't just do that, but she trusted the "devil" there. That was her problem, she thought she could fix things, while one side of the conflict didn't really want things to get fixed at all.

        Loading editor
    • just to end this argument she is alive tyreese did save her want proof? go on you tube go to "trevschan2" then there is a link to a video showing tyreese having judith and liza and mika are with him

        Loading editor
    • All I see in that video is speculation about the way Tyreese runs...

        Loading editor
    • Spoilers


      She's alive Tyreese is in the woods with her alive shown in a Latin America preview

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki