A nickname is when a character is referred to by a different name other than their birth name. Nicknames can be chosen under the circumstances that is is related to the persons appearance or personality.
- Brian Blake is known as "The Governor". (Comic Series)
- Dr. Stevens is only known by his last name. (Comic Series)
- Miss Williams is only known by her last name. (Comic Series)
- Rick Grimes was referred to as "Lefty", by Brian Blake. (Issue 29)
- Paul Monroe is known as "Jesus". (Comic Series)
- Ezekiel dubs himself "King". (Comic Series)
- Jesus refers to Ezekiel as "Your Majesty". (Issue 108)
- Negan often refers to Rick as, "Rick the Prick". (Comic Series)
- Ezekiel calls Richard, "Good" Richard, when greeting him in Alexandria. (Comic Series)
- Glenn calls Rick, "Dumbass", over the radio. (Guts)
- Rick calls himself "Officer Friendly", which Morales later repeats. (Guts)
- Morales is only known by his last name, due to this, his first name is currently unknown. (TV Series)
- Theodore Douglas is known as, 'T-Dog', 'T' and also 'Dog' by Shane. (TV Series)
- Dale Horvath is referred to as 'Old Man' by Daryl. (Tell It to the Frogs)
- Big Tiny's actual name is unknown. (TV Series)
- Shumpert is known as "Bowman". (TV Series)
- It is unknown when, but when Merle Dixon and Andrea were part of the Atlanta group, Merle called Andrea a "Whore" and "Rug muncher". (TV Series)
- Merle Dixon refers to Morales and T-Dog with various racial slurs such as, 'Taco Vendor' and 'Nigger'. (Guts)
- Merle also refers to Andrea as "Sugar-tits". (Guts)
- Daryl Dixon calls Glenn, 'Asian' as well as, 'Chinaman' and 'Short Round'. (Vatos, Beside the Dying Fire)
- Miguel and Felipe's grandmother is only known as 'Abuela'. (Vatos)
- Miguel refers to Guillermo as 'G'. (Vatos)
- The nicknames 'Mijo' and 'Vato' are used several times by Miranda Morales, Miguel, Felipe and Guillermo (Vatos)
- Lori Grimes calls Otis "The idiot that shot my son". (Bloodletting)
- In Daryl's hallucination, Merle calls him 'Darlina'. Although this did not actually happen, this might be a nickname he teased Daryl with when they were both younger. (Chupacabra)
- Daryl calls Lori "Olive Oyl", a reference to the character from Popeye. (Nebraska)
- In a deleted scene, Dale refers to Shane as a "little devil on Rick's shoulder". (Judge, Jury, Executioner)
- T-Dog calls Randall, "Randy".(Better Angels)
- T-Dog jokingly refers to Rick as "The Governor". (Better Angels)
- Hershel Greene calls his daughter, "Bethy". (Seed)
- Daryl is called a 'Gringo' by Tomas. (Sick)
- Rick is called "Atlanta", "Boss", and "Cowboy" by Tomas. (Sick)
- Tomas calls Rick's group "Robin Hood Cats". (Sick)
- Franklin shouts out "Wellsey!" at Welles when the helicopter experiances turbulence.
- Andrea is called, "Blondie", by Merle. (Walk With Me, Killer Within)
- Philip is known as "The Governor" by the towns people. (Walk With Me)
- Axel calls several survivors 'bro'. (Killer Within)
- Merle calls Caesar "Brownie". (Say the Word)
- Andrea calls Michonne "Mich". (Say the Word)
- Merle calls Milton "Millty". (Say the Word)
- Merle calls Andrea "Sweatheart". (Say the Word)
- Daryl jokingly calls Judith Grimes "Little Ass Kicker". (Say the Word)
- Merle calls Garguilo "Neil". It is possible that that could've been his first name. (Hounded)
- Merle refers to Maggie as "Little Bo Peep". (When the Dead Come Knocking)
- Woodbury residents refers to Richard Foster as "Rich". (The Suicide King)
- Daryl refers to Michonne as "The Last Samurai". (The Suicide King)
- Merle refers Michonne as "Nubian Queen". (The Suicide King)
- Daryl calls Milton "Butler". (Arrow on the Doorpost)
- Milton calls Daryl a "Henchman". (Arrow on the Doorpost)
- Rick calls The Governor, "The Town Drunk". (Arrow on the Doorpost)
- Allen calls Tyreese, "Ty". (Prey)
- Caesar Martinez calls Shumpert , "Shup". (Prey)
- Bob Stookey calls Tyreese, "Ty".
- Carol calls Daryl "pookie".
- Dr. Subramanian is mostly known as, and called, Dr. S.
- Jeanette is called "Jean" for short by Carol as she tries to tell her to go inside Cell Block A.
- Mitch calls Philip, "One Eye Bri" and "One Eye" as they search for a cabin.
- Clementine has the nickname 'Clem' or 'sweet pea'. (Video Game)
- Kenny is sometimes called 'Ken' by Lee and Katjaa. (Video Game)
- Katjaa is sometimes called 'Kat' by Lee and Kenny. (Video Game)
- Kenny Jr. is known as 'Duck'. (Video Game)
- Lee calls Carley 'Car'. (A New Day)
- Carley calls Doug "Dorky guy".
- Doug is called "Doug-boy" by Larry .
- Lee calls his brother 'Bud'. (A New Day)
- Andrew St. John is known as 'Andy'. (Starved For Help)
- Danny St. John is known as 'Dan'. (Starved For Help)
- Danny calls his rifle "Charlotte ".
- On Lee's brother's name tag it says 'B. Everett'. (A New Day)
- Andrew calls the Bandits 'Assholes'. (Starved For Help)
- Ben is constantly referred to as "Kid" by the other members of the group. (Video Game)
- Charles has the nickname, "Chuck". (Long Road Ahead)
- Molly calls Vernon "Fossil". (Around Every Corner)
- Molly calls her ice axe "Hilda". (Around Every Corner)
- Dr. Walter Ashe is known as "Dr. Logan". (Around Every Corner)
- Lee calls the Stranger "The fucker who got Clem" (Determinant). (No Time Left)
- Danny calls Vince, "Bad Luck" Vince after hearing how he was arrested.
- Nate calls Russell "Russ" and "Asswipe" (Determinant). (Russell's Story)
- Stephanie is sometimes called "Stef". (Shel's Story)
- Patty Taylor is called Pat for short.
- Ed tells the main character upon meeting him that his friends call him "Trucker". (Social Game)
- The player can give themselves a nickname, if they want one. (Social Game)
- Jesse is known mostly by the survivors as, "Uncle Jesse".
- Joe is simply known as "Joe The Mechanic".
- Marla is often referred to as "Old Girl", "Ol' Girl", and "Sweet Ol' Marla". (Social Game)
- Harlan calls Max, "soldier boy" and "G.I. Joe".
- Ed refers to Otis as "Big" Otis.
- Arturo talks about the irony in his ex-girlfriend's nickname before she turned; "Man-Eater".
- Emily gives nicknames to several members of the group; "Puddydog Don" (Don), "Crazy Eyes Lady" (Megan), "The Squeaky One" (Nora), "Idiot" (Hero Player), "Mister Policeman" (Sky), and "Jarhead Max" (Max).
- Philip Blake calls Nick Parsons 'Nicky' several times. (Rise of the Governor)
- Philip also calls his brother, Brian Blake, 'Sport' several times. (Rise of the Governor)
- Philip calls Penny Blake 'Punkin' several times. (Rise of the Governor)
- Nick and Bobby Marsh use the nickname 'Philly' for Philip several times. (Rise of the Governor)
- It is known that Philip and Brian called their mom 'Mama Rose'. (Rise of the Governor)
- David Chalmers used to call his wife 'Lil'. (Rise of the Governor)
- Brian refers to himself as 'Philip Blake' while staying in Woodbury. (Rise of the Governor)
- Lilly is called "Lillygirl" by Josh and "babydoll" by Bob Stookey.
- Bob Stookey refers to Josh as "captain".
|Abstract||Betrayal • Cliffhangers • Denial • Depression • Distrust • Discrimination • Envy • Fear • Foreshadowing • Forgiveness • Friendship • Humanity • Humor • Hope • Pride • Regret • Religion • Revenge • Sanity • Secrecy • Teamwork|
|Realistic||Adoption • Amputations • Antagonists • Cannibalism • Children • Dreams & Visions • Family • Gore • Groups • Heroism • Isolation • Leadership • Life & Death • Locations • Nicknames • Protagonists • Punishment • References • Relationships • Substance Abuse • Suicide • Vehicles • Weather • Weapons • Zombies|