The Walking Dead Social Game is a Facebook site game which was scheduled to be released in April, 2012, but was released on August 9, 2012. The game allows players to have their own adventures, with opportunities to encounter show characters at key moments suggested by the show’s narrative. The goal of the game is to survive the apocalypse by fighting zombies while scavenging resources and establishing camps based on settings from the show.
Chapter 2 was released on October 13, 2012. It introduced full-screen, new weapons, and more. Also morale and intel was removed from the game. In order to play a camp task now, you must have between 6 to 12 energy and a certain amount of supplies. However, Chapter 2 Missions vary in energy cost and in supply amount. With the new energy update, you can now kill walkers and pick up supplies without energy. There are now NPC's in the actual missions and new indoor and outdoor missions. Along with indoor and outdoor missions, you can play in several maps for just 1 mission. Such as Mission 2 - Meet Glenn. You start out in the city streets. Then you go into the parking lot by going over to the end of the road.
Part 2 of Chapter 2 was released on November 16, 2012. This second part included 15 more story missions to play making a total of 27 missions in all for Chapter 2 Season 1. Some of the missions include saving Vatos and travelling to the CDC itself.
Also see the official forums for a list of News and Announcements.
Chapter 1 : All Jammed Up (Pre-Season 1)Edit
Cutscene: On the highway to Atlanta, your car engine overheats then dies.
- Mission 1: Battle Tutorial - Given by Shane.
- Mission 2: Camp Supplies - Given by Greg.
- Mission 3: Arming the Camp - Given by Greg.
- Mission 4: Tents for Camp - Given by Kara.
- Mission 5: Setting up Defenses - Given by Kara.
- Mission 6: Helping a Friend - Given by Ed.
- Mission 7: Building a Lookout Post - Given by Shane.
- Mission 8: Never Enough Food - Given by Greg.
- Mission 9: Powering the Camp - Given by Shane.
- Mission 10: T-Dog's Missing Friend - Given by T-Dog.
- Mission 11: Where's Uncle Jesse - Given by Summer.
- Mission 12: A Last Look for Uncle Jesse - Given by Jon.
- Mission 13: What Happened to the Army - Given by Joe.
- Mission 14: Summer's Missing Mom - Given by Lori.
- Mission 15: What Happened to the Army Again - Given by Joe.
- Mission 16: Growing Hungry - Given by Greg.
- Mission 17: Summer's Missing Dad - Given by Summer.
- Mission 18: Help T-Dog - Given by T-Dog.
- Mission 19: Summer's Dad Part 2 - Given by Lori.
- Mission 20: Ammo for Camp Guards - Given by Shane.
- Mission 21: No News is Not Good News - Given by Shane.
- Mission 22: Track Down the Thief - Given by Shane.
- Mission 23: Keeping Out the Herds - Given by Kara.
- Mission 24: Help the Mechanic Help You - Given by Joe.
- Mission 25: You Always Need a Flashlight - Given by Ed.
- Mission 26: Getting Some News - Given by Shane.
- Mission 27: Making the Radio Work - Given by Greg.
- Mission 28: Secure the Watchtower - Given by Kara.
- Mission 29: Helping T-Dog - Given by T-Dog.
- Mission 30: Helping Lori, Shane and Carl - Given by Lori.
- Mission 31: Maybe This Will Work - Given by Joe.
- Mission 32: Getting a Car Ready - Given by Joe.
- Mission 33: Getting Gas - Given by Greg.
- Mission 34: Mercy Mission - Given by Joe.
- Mission 35: Next Stop Atlanta - Given by Joe.
- Mission 36: It's Time To Leave - Given by Joe.
These are tiny missions other survivors give you to progress your levels. You can get any of these tasks from Ed, Shane, Greg, Lori, Joe, Kara, Nathan, Max and Bill. The tasks are normally going out and gain food, water and medical supplies, or going out and clearing a couple of walkers that get close to the camp.
- Find Supplies.
- Find Antibiotics.
- Find Food.
- Find Water.
- Clear The Area.
Chapter 2 : End of Days (Season 1)Edit
Cutscene: Entering the outskirts of Atlanta, Georgia, you come across a small group of soldiers and survivors.
Chapter 2 was released on October 13, 2012. Along with the release of Chapter 2, another Chapter 1 mission was released. Chapter 2 has 12 missions and includes new zombies, new npc's, and a lot of new updates. Also with the arrival of Chapter 2, is a new camp. It is a military camp next to a few train carts. It also includes several new characters. When you first get there, there are only 2 soldiers. But as you progress into the missions, more soldiers come back or are rescued by you. You can see the missions list below:
Chapter 2 Part 2 was released on November 16, 2012. The second half of Chapter 2 included 15 new story missions making a total of 27 story missions for Chapter 2 Season 1. You can Save Vatos and even Traveling to the CDC itself. Also 2 popular characters from the TV Series make a appearance. Merle Dixon and Daryl Dixon will be giving some of the story missions. Also with the arrival of Chapter 2 Part 2, are new camp locations. After a few story missions, you will get to move to a different camp. Shortly after another story mission, you move to another camp location.
- Mission 1: Welcome To Atlanta - Given By Soldier 1.
- Mission 2: Meet Glenn - Given By Glenn.
- Mission 3: Find The Missing Soldiers - Given By PFC Jackson.
- Mission 4: Help Glenn - Given By Glenn.
- Mission 5: The Burger - Given By Ed.
- Mission 6: Outpost Delta-5 - Given By PFC Jackson.
- Mission 7: Restock Outpost Ammo - Given By PFC Jackson.
- Mission 8: Make a New Ally - Give By Felipe.
- Mission 9: Get to the Tank Gather Ammo - Given By Greg
- Mission 10: Back-road Scavengers Scope Out City Outskirts For Relocation - Given By Ed.
- Mission 11: Fuel Run - Given By Felipe.
- Mission 12: Search for PFC Jackson - Given By Kara.
- Mission 13: Felipe's Escape Help Felipe Get Fuel - Given By Felipe.
- Mission 14: Fire From the Sky - Given By Kara.
- Mission 15: After the Dust Clears - Given By Ed.
- Mission 16: Pharmacy Run - Given By Marla.
- Mission 17: Soldier Awol - Given By Ed.
- Mission 18: The Quarry - Given By Ed.
- Mission 19: Blood Brothers - Given By Merle Dixon.
- Mission 20: Hunting Buddies - Given By Daryl Dixon.
- Mission 21: Asthma Attack - Given By Marla.
- Mission 22: Get to the Helicopter - Given By Nathan.
- Mission 23: Look for a Clear Road - Given By Ed.
- Mission 24: The Return of PFC Jackson - Given By Greg.
- Mission 25: Get Eva Home - Given By Eva.
- Mission 26: Greg's Emergency - Given By Marla.
- Mission 27: Centers For Disease Control - Given By Max.
- Mission 28: Ready The Minivan - Given By Ed.
- Mission 29: Escape Atlanta - Given by Max
- Last of Chapter 2
Chapter 3 : Fight or Flight (Season 2)Edit
Cutscene: Leaving the CDC, you head south hopeful to find safety.
To unlock this chapter: Earn 100 sheriff bonus in chapter 2, unlock early with 10 dead dollars.
- Mission 1: Get Bill's Plane - Given by Bill.
- Mission 2: Voices in The Woods - Given by Kara.
- Mission 3: Search The Airplane Hangar - Given by Bill.
- Mission 4: Help Otis - Given by Otis.
- Mission 5: Check for Survivors - Given by Kara.
- Mission 6: Get The Generator - Given by Ed.
- Mission 7: Clean Water Run - Given by Marla.
- Mission 8: Find Food for Dave and Tony - Given by Nathan.
- Mission 9: Search for Sophia - Given by Kara.
- Mission 10: Get Medication for Sean - Given by Max.
- Mission 11: Rescue The Girl On The Highway - Given by Nathan.
- Mission 12: Tony's Accident - Given by Kimmie.
- Mission 13: Replace Wrecked Vehicle for Harlan - Given by Kara.
- Mission 14: Take Kimmie Home - Given by Kimmie.
- Mission 15: Where's Randall? - Given by Nathan.
- Mission 16: Brother Willie - Given by Max.
- Mission 17: The Salvage Yard - Given by Bill.
- Mission 18: Harlans Raid - Given by Nathan.
- Mission 19: The Farm - Given by Max.
- Mission 20: After the Food Thieves - Given by Arturo.
- Mission 21: Move Camp - Given by Ed.
- Mission 22: Find More Food - Given by Kara.
- Mission 23: Clear Out Farmhouse - Given by Mauricio.
- Mission 24: Pray For Marla - Given by Marla.
- Mission 25: The Last Engine Part - Given by Bill.
- Mission 26: Back To Airfield - Given by Bill.
Chapter 4 : To Be Determined (Pre-Season 3)Edit
It is not official that there will be a Pre-Season 3. But its a good speculation that the developers will release a Pre-Season 3 to make sure they don't catch up to the TV Series so quickly. The only source there is at the moment is the Chapter 4 coming soon picture after chapter 3. So it will most likely be either just Season 3 or still Pre-Season 3.
TV Missions were released on October 17, 2012. Only 2 were released. Season 1 Premiere and Season 3 Premiere Missions. In order to play, you must have 12 energy and 200 - 250 supplies. The rewards vary between 75 - 100 XP and 500 coins. The full list of missions are below:
Note: Missions in the video section
Season 1 Missions
- Season 1 Premiere: Atlanta Tank
Season 2 Missions To Be Added
Season 3 MissionsEdit
Story Missions in VideoEdit
The Story missions are available in video, each one show you how complete a mission. More Story missions in video coming soon.
Chapter 1 Not available
Chapter 3 (Not available)
Chapter 4 (Not available)
The mini-game challenges you to survive 5 rounds of zombies, using 5 different weapons. Strategy and precision are needed to complete all five levels. You play as Daryl Dixon during the mini-game. NOTE: On October 13, 2012, the developers removed this mini game feature for unknown reasons. However, they added TV Missions shortly after to replace it.
- Level 1 - Shotgun - 3 zombies.
- Level 2 - Cracked old bat - 2 zombies.
- Level 3 - Basic Pistol - 4 zombies.
- Level 4 - Crossbow - 4 zombies.
- Level 5 - Golf club - 3 zombies.
Note: Missions in the video section
Raiding - Steal suppliesEdit
The best way to get supplies is through raiding other players!
Before you can go on raid, you need to set up your stockpile.
Set up stockpile - InstructionsEdit
Two raidings - Step by step
- ↑ Scott Grill, The Walking Dead goes social with new Facebook game in April, Examiner, (March 9, 2012).
- App link for playing
Social Game Characters
|Highway Survivors||Kara • Ed • Shane • Joe • T-Dog • Bob • Davey • Jade • Adam • Kasumi • Morgan • Greg|
|Grimes Family||Rick • Lori • Carl|
|Summer's Family||Summer • Jon • Summer's Mother • Jesse|
|Military Camp Survivors||Glenn • Jackson • Soldier • Soldier|
|Warehouse Survivors||Chris • Jon|
|Destroyed Building Survivors||Max • Nathan|
|Quarry Survivors||Terry • Sarah • Claire|
|Center for Disease Control||Bill|
|Dixon Family||Merle • Daryl|
|Vatos Survivors||Felipe • Eva|
|Rural Georgia Survivors||Arturo • Kimmie • Mauricio • Clara • Otis|
|Dave and Tony's Group||Harlan • Randall • Willie • Tony • Dave • Sean|