The Walking Dead Minimates are a series of Minimates made by Diamond Select Toys, and are based on The Walking Dead Comic Series. They stand two inches tall and have 14 points of articulation. They also come with interchangeable parts and accessories, including weapons for the human characters and body parts for the zombies.
The first assortment of two-packs, due in September, include:
- Rick with Roamer Zombie
- Herd Zombie Two-Pack
- Dale with Roamer Zombie
- Winter Coat Dale with Roamer Zombie (Rare Variant)
There are also three exclusive two-packs, two of which are only available at Toys "R" Us, (Shane with Roamer Zombie and Glenn with Lurker Zombie) while the other, (Rick with Vacation Zombie) was only available at the San Diego Comic-Con.
The first assortment of two-packs, due in November, include:
- Michonne with One-Eyed Zombie
- Sailor Zombie and "Cute" Zombie
- Andrea with Stabbed Zombie (Specialty Exclusive)
- Amy with Stabbed Zombie (Specialty Exclusive - Rare Variant)
There are also two exclusive two-packs, which are only available at Toys "R" Us:
As part of Halloween Comicfest, Diamond Select Toys will be releasing a limited edition black and white version of Winter Coat Dale with Roamer Zombie.
- Winter Coat Dale with Roamer Zombie (Black & White)
Diamond Select Toys and Amazon.com have teamed up to offer an exclusive four-pack of Minimates. The set includes two new zombies, a Roamer and a Lurker, plus all-new versions of Michonne (with angry expression) and Rick Grimes (in prison garb, with battle damage). The set also includes Rick’s shotgun and pistol and Michonne’s sword. The other figures include Rick Grimes in riot gear, Tyreese, Hershel Greene, Dexter, a farmer zombie, a zombie with dreadlocks, and a prison guard zombie. The figures included are listed below:
- Rick Grimes (Prison Uniform)
- Lurker Zombie
- Roamer Zombie
- Rick Grimes (Riot Gear)
- Farmer Zombie
- Dreadlocks Zombie
- Hershel Greene
- Prison Guard Zombie
- A contest featuring fan videos utilizing Walking Dead Minimates is currently running through February 5th, with the winner being announced on February 10th. The winner will receive a personally autographed Walking Dead Compendium and an autographed set of The Walking Dead Minimates Series 3 set.
- ↑ Whitney Matheson Photos: 'Walking Dead' characters go Mini PopCandy (August 14, 2012)
- ↑ Caleb Goellner Diamond Select Toys Reveals Comic-Con 2012 Exclusive Bust, Statue and Minimates Comics Alliance (June 4, 2012)
- ↑ Caleb Goellner Second Wave Of 'The Walking Dead' Minimates Coming In November Comics Alliance (August 17, 2012)
- ↑ Halloween ComicFest to Get Exclusive Walking Dead Minimates! Art Asylum (August 21, 2012)
- ↑ The Walking Dead: Photos of New Minimates, Including Prison Rick Grimes Daily Dead (December 7, 2012)
- ↑ Goellner, Caleb. 'The Walking Dead' Series Three Minimates Coming This Spring Comics Alliance (January 16, 2013)
- ↑ Collis, Clark. 'The Walking Dead': Prison plotline Minimates toys to be released this spring -- EXCLUSIVE Entertainment Weekly (January 15, 2012)
- ↑ Shawn. The Walking Dead Minimates 3 & Video Contest Skybound (January 14, 2013)