Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Walking Dead Chop Shop is a configurator app sponsored by Hyundai and INNOCEAN USA to build and customize a survival car, as part of the 10th Anniversary Celebration of Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead. The game debuted at 2013 San Diego Comic-Con and was officially launched on August 1, 2013.
The app lets customize Hyundai vehicles with parts in an effort to build the ultimate zombie apocalypse survival machine. There are 3 different base vehicles, Hyundai Veloster Turbo, Santa Fe and Elantra, and over 900 different parts, including a horde plow, machetes, automatic crossbows, cattle gun, a flamethrower and more.
- Main article: 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Zombie Survival Machine
The program allowed fans to enter their designs into a contest over the coming months, the winning design, selected by Robert Kirkman. The design created by Anson Kuo was chosen from more than 82,500 fan submissions of custom zombie survival machines. It was built by Galpin Auto Sports and was revealed at the Future US booth at 2013 New York Comic-Con on October 10, 2013.
Awards and nominations
- 2014 Webby Awards - Mobile Sites & Apps - Integrated Mobile Experience - Winner
- 2014 AICP Next Award - Next Product Integration - Winner
- 2014 AICP Next Award - Next Mobile - Nominated
- 2014 AICP Next Award - Next Integrated Campaign - Nominated
- 2014 One Show - Entertainment: Custom Content / Co-Promotions - Bronze Pencil
- 2014 One Show - Entertainment: Mobile / Branded Content - Bronze Pencil
- 2014 One Show - Interactive: User Experience Design - Mobile / Design Craft - Merit
- 2014 One Show - Advertising: Innovation in Print / Print - Merit
- 2014 The North American Effie Awards - Engaged Community - Winner
- 2014 Digiday Mobi Awards - Best in Show
- 2014 OC Advertising Awards - Best in Show
- ↑ Bossa Digital – The Walking Dead Chop Shop
- ↑ BIG BLOCK TRICKS OUT THE WALKING DEAD CHOP SHOP
- ↑ HYUNDAI AND THE WALKING DEAD BRING FAN-DESIGNED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL MACHINE TO LIFE
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Hyundai & INNOCEAN USA Launch "The Walking Dead Chop Shop"
- ↑ the-walking-dead-chop-shop
- ↑ New Free “The Walking Dead Chop Shop” App Lets Gamers Pimp Their Virtual Rides for Z-Day
- ↑ Hyundai, GAS And The Walking Dead Bring Fan-Designed Zombie Survival Machine To Life
- ↑ 2014 Webby Award Winner
- ↑ 2014 AICP Winners Announced
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 AICP Show and Next Awards Shortlists Set; Winners To Be Revealed During AICP Week
- ↑ 2014 One Show - One Show Entertainment INNOCEAN USA / Huntington Beach
- ↑ INNOCEAN USA / Huntington Beach
- ↑ 2014 One Show - Interactive INNOCEAN USA / Huntington Beach
- ↑ 2014 One Show - Advertising INNOCEAN USA / Huntington Beach
- ↑ 2014 Effie Awards NORTH AMERICA / WINNERS & FINALISTS
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Innocean Awards
Walking Dead Video Games
|The Walking Dead Comic Series • The Walking Dead TV Series|
|Consoles||Video Game • Survival Instinct|
|Social and Online||Social Game • Dead Reckoning • Atlanta Run • Chop Shop|
|Apps||Dead Yourself • Left Behind • Assault • Pinball • ZombiECards • No Man's Land • Road to Survival|
|Other||Deluxe TV Games|