In this game players must rescue urban survivors from a zombie apocalypse. Players use shotguns, rifles, and crossbows to kill waves of zombies that lurch toward the screen; enemies emit green splashes of blood when hit. Bonuses are awarded for successful headshots, and players lose points for shooting/killing unarmed civilians. Red blood effects appear on screen when players' character incurs damage.
Includes dozens of levels of action and game play across thee modes:
- Story Mode: Allows the player to go through three different acts or levels with a story line attached. Has seven stages, each with three acts. Act 1 has three scenes while acts 2 and 3 have two
- Horde Mode: This is the survival mode, where how long you can survive the undead hordes
- Free Play Mode: Replay any previously played scene from the three story mode acts without having to play all of story mode again
- Act 1, Scene 1: Hunted
- Primary Objective: Get to the River
- Bonus Objective: Get 10 headshots in a row
- Act 1, Scene 2: Surrounded
- Primary Objective: Find shelter
- Bonus Objective: Kill 15 walkers with the crossbow
- Act 1, Scene 3: Holed In
- Primary Objective: Make it out of the forest
- Bonus Objective: Survive using only the shotgun
- Act 2, Scene 1: Disoriented
- Primary Objective: Make it to the highway
- Bonus Objective: Get 25 headshots in a row
- Act 2, Scene 2: Drive-By
- Primary Objective: Get to the City Limits
- Bonus Objective: Finish the scene without dying
- Act 3, Scene 1: Contact
- Primary Objective: Survive the streets of Atlanta
- Bonus Objective: Get 15 headshots in a row
- Act 3, Scene 4: Survivors
- Primary Objective: Protect Glenn
- Bonus Objective: Finish without getting hurt
Zombies takes multiples shots. The player who gets the last shots on the zombie gets credit for the kill.
- Crates: Shoot crates to reveal items.
- Items: Shoot an item to pick it up.
- Barrels: Shoot barrels to blow them up.
- Civilians: Free civilians by shooting the Walkers around them. Don't shoot the civilians.
- Walkers: Shoot Walkers in the head to kill them. Some will require multiple headshots.
- ↑ Walking Dead Zombie Hunter – Fill Those Zombies Full of Lead Pixels (Review)
- ↑ Mike Fahey, If Any Property Needs "Deluxe Plug It In & Play TV Games" It’s The Walking Dead, Kotaku, (January 9, 2012).
- ↑ Press release: JAKKS Pacific Brings AMC’s “The Walking Dead” to Life with a Licensing Agreement for Deluxe Plug and Play TV Games, JAKKS Pacific, Inc. via Business Wire News Releases, (January 9, 2012).
Walking Dead Video Games
|The Walking Dead Comic Series • The Walking Dead TV Series|
|Consoles||Video Game • Survival Instinct|
|Social and Online||Social Game • Dead Reckoning • Atlanta Run • Chop Shop|
|Apps||Dead Yourself • Left Behind • Assault • Pinball • ZombiECards • No Man's Land • Road to Survival|
|Other||Deluxe TV Games|