|This article is about the TV Series group. You may be looking for the Comic Series group..|
Nothing is known about the life of the group members before the zombie apocalypse. It's possible that some people knew each other before the apocalypse.
Sometime after the outbreak, Jadis and her people found shelter in a nearby Junkyard not far away from the Alexandria Safe-Zone. Since then they adopted a policy of taking what they want and not caring. They do this by raiding nearby locals or plundering other groups or people.
Deal with Alexandria
At some point, after the outbreak, they found a houseboat on a lake full of zombies. They had been waiting for someone to get the supplies on it. After Rick and Aaron took them, Tamiel followed them back to Alexandria. There she forced Gabriel to get all the food supplies of the community and then took him with her.
On their way to find Gabriel, Rick and a few other members of his group ran into the Junkyard group, who took them into the Junkyard. There Rick struck a deal with the group after fighting a walker with spikes, with him agreeing to provide the Scavengers with weapons and supplies in exchange for their help fighting the Saviors. After the deal was made Rick and his group left the Junkyard.
Later Rick returned with the guns as promised, but it was only half the amount the Scavengers needed. Rick and Jadis then renegotiated and agreed that Rick would keep 20 of the guns to help his search for more and also once again reaffirmed their alliance.
- Numerous counts of zombies and possibly unnamed people
- Winslow (Alive,Confirmed fate)
- Talking Dead's "Inside the Dead" segment revealed that this group name is the Scavengers.
- Pollyanna McIntosh said that another name for "the Scavengers" is "the Heapsters".
- Despite the name, there are no similarities to the comic group of the same name.
- In Say Yes, Jadis confirms there is a little less than 120 scavengers. She tells this to Rick when he gives her 62 guns, and she says they need nearly double.