| This article is undergoing major changes and construction over a period of time. |
Please be patient as it will undergo several new edits over time. You can help the Walking Dead Wiki by expanding it or providing any additional information on it.
|This article is about the TV series settlement. You may be looking for the comic series counterpart.|
Nothing is known about The Sanctuary before the apocalypse other than that it was a factory.
At some point after the outbreak, the factory became the main headquarters for The Saviors. It remains as an anonymous location to the other communities.
It is more than a simple base for raiders, as it functions as a seemingly self-sustaining community as well. There are gardens, chicken coops, and a marketplace. There are many noncombatant members of The Saviors who work in the Sanctuary, such as gardeners, janitors and doctors.
The Sanctuary is surrounded by a chainlink fence, along with impaled walkers around the perimeter for added security. Enslaved survivors handle the dangerous task of putting these zombies in place. It appears that Sanctuary residents who die are reincorporated as walkers on the fence. When Eugene Porter became the Savior's Chief Engineer, the walkers had molten iron poured over their heads to become indestructible.
- Negan - leader
- Simon - second-in-command
- Dwight - lieutenant
- Wade - lieutenant
- Gavin - lieutenant
- Arat - lieutenant
- Harlan Carson - physician; taken from the Hilltop
- Keno - guard
- Mark - guard
- Amber - concubine
- Tanya - concubine
- Frankie - concubine
- Eugene Porter - chief engineer; taken from Alexandria
- David - stabbed by Negan
- Emmett Carson - doctor; taken from the Hilltop; executed by Negan
- Isabelle - shot by Michonne
- Joseph - engineer/guard; killed by Daryl
- Chris - killed by Carl
- George - killed by Carl
- Neil - killed by Daryl, and later put down by Rosita
- Roman - killed by Morgan
- Jiro - lieutenant; mortally wounded by Carol, and later killed by Rick
- Miles - killed by Carol
- 2 other concubines
- Many unnamed Saviors
- Many unnamed prisoners
- Daryl Dixon - prisoner/custodian; escaped with Sherry's help
- Sherry - concubine; escaped the Sanctuary
- Sasha Williams - prisoner; committed suicide
- Gordon - killed by Dwight
- Tina - killed by zombies
- Red Haired Man - beaten to death by the Saviors
- George - shot by Carl
- Chris - shot by Carl
- Joseph - beaten to death by Daryl
- Emmett Carson - burned alive by Negan
- David - stabbed in the neck by Negan
- 2 unnamed Saviors - Shot by Sasha
- Numerous counts of residents
- "The Cell"
- "Sing Me a Song"
- "Hearts Still Beating"
- "Rock in the Road"
- "Hostiles and Calamities"
- "The Other Side"
- "Something They Need"
- "The First Day of the Rest of Your Life"