|This article is about the TV Series characters. You may be looking for their Comic Series counterparts.|
The Governor's "victims" are people who were killed by the Governor. Their heads were severed and placed into tanks in order for Philip to remain strong about what is outside Woodbury's walls.
Nothing is known about all of the Governor's victim's lives before or as the outbreak began, although it is believed that they are either humans murdered by the Governor and turned, or were reanimated before encountering him.
The Governor gets out of bed, and walks into the back room of his apartment. In the room, he sits with a drink in his hand and watches a wall of fish tanks filled with severed, reanimated heads. Among the heads, Michonne's pets (Mike and Terry) are seen as well as Welles. The remaining victims are not identified, although it is likely they were killed by either the Governor or by one of his close associates such as Merle Dixon or Caesar Martinez.
The victims are seen during the fight between Michonne and the Governor. As the brawl continues some of the tanks are pulled away from the shelf, with many breaking and the heads falling on the floor. Later on, in the fight one of the heads tries to bite Michonne. It is unknown what happened to the victims after the fight.
While Glenn Rhee prepares an attack to defeat the Governor, Carol Peletier says that they are not murderers and therefore should not go to Woodbury. Michonne added that the Governor kept heads as trophies and confirmation that an attack is coming.
During the meeting between Rick Grimes and the Governor, Rick mentions the heads and asks why he kept them.
The Governor mentions to Milton Mamet why he kept the victims' heads in the aquarium.
After the murder of Martinez, Philip kills Pete Dolgen. He then dumps Pete's body at a nearby pond where he later reanimates. His legs tied and bound to a cement block, he raises up and claws at the Governor as the Governor looks down at him, his new aquarium and victim.
This list shows the victims the Governor's Victims have killed:
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies.
The Governor decapitated all of these people, possibly with some of his group members' help, and placed them into a fish tank for amusement.
List of known Victims
- The Governor's victims are one of the many amputees in The Walking Dead. For other victims, see Amputated Victims.
- The Governor's victims managed to have their heads decapitated by unknown Woodbury members.
- The Governor had the heads of Michonne's pet walkers placed in tanks just like the others ones, which suggests that maybe some of the other walker heads were not necessarily from victims of the Governor, but were placed in the tanks anyway as "trophies".
- One of the heads in one of the tanks is a recreation of Ben Gardner's head from Jaws. This is one of several tributes to other films that Greg Nicotero has incorporated into The Walking Dead.
- The fate of the Governor's victims remains unknown due to Woodbury getting burned down in "Live Bait".