The Companion was a fishing boat which operated in the region around Chesapeake Bay, Virginia. Pete possibly owned and served onboard long before the apocalypse.
As the apocalypse broke out, Pete gradually lost all his crew one by one. Either they died, or left The Companion to seek for their own families and/or friends. Somehow, Pete managed to recruit stranded survivors like Michonne as his new crews.
Three weeks after being discovered by Pete, Michonne wakes up on the vessel to find him adjusting the radio dials on the vessel, attempting to contact trading partners Rashid and Vanessa. He fails to contact them however picks up an unknown survivor on the shortwave. Michonne manages to speak to the survivor and gain a little information about their situation. Shortly after, the ship becomes grounded on part of a submerged shipwreck resulting in some damage to the ship. Michonne and Pete decide to take the dinghy and search a nearby shipwreck for parts in order to get the ship free and fixed. However, they are captured and taken to the floating survivors colony of Monroe, who appear very hostile to any survivors near their location; which may include the crew of The Companion.
- Pete (Captain)
- Siddiq (First Mate)
- Oak (Formerly, Determinant)
- Berto (Formerly, Deceased)
- Sam (Temporarily, Determinant)
- Paige (Temporarily)
- James (Temporarily)
- Alex (Temporarily)
- Possible a couple of people (Pre-Apocalypse & Post-Apocalypse)
- This ship is possibly the same one that appears in Issue 139 of the comics, however given the fact that the comic series boat has yet to be explored, it is possible they are different boats.