|This article is about the group leader Russell mentioned. You may be looking for the WABE News Reporter, the Survival Instinct character, or the actor.|
- "Steve was a bad dude, but everyone was with him, you know? He said seven was the magic number, so we didn't add nobody to the group. If we found survivors it was the same every time. He... he... Just... "We gonna kill these folks and take their stuff or what?" and then bang, they'd be dead."
- —Russell explaining how Steve was to Nate.[src]
Steve is a character mentioned by Russell in Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC. He was a leader of a group of seven people, including Russell, a teacher and his wife, a father and daughter and a police officer.
Nothing is known about Steve's before or as the outbreak began.
Steve was the leader of a tiny group of seven survivors, and he didn't allow anyone else into the group as he believed seven was the "magic number". As mentioned by Russell, Steve was merciless when it came to killing other living humans he came across, and slaughtered them to take their supplies for his own group. Steve's fate is left unknown.
This list shows the victims Steve has killed:
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies and presumably a lot of survivors.
- Steve's behavior was similar to Nate's, as both of them wanted to kill survivors and take their supplies.
- Steve's behavior can also be linked to Roman, due to his leadership. Interestingly, when Shel's Story begins, there are seven people in their group of survivors (Shel, Becca, Roman, Boyd, Stephanie, Clive, and Joyce), just as Steve tried to keep seven members in his group, believing it to be his magic number.