Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about Gabriel church from TV.. You may be looking for It's comic counterpart .|
St. Sarah's Church held its annual canned food drive, stocking the church up with canned food, that was supposed to be given to the local Food Bank, but the outbreak came before anyone could give it to the Food Bank.
Father Gabriel Stokes survived inside this church since the beginning of the outbreak, living on canned food that the church had collected to give to the food bank. At one point Father Gabriel ran out of cans and started to scavenge nearby buildings, looking for food. While searching the forest for food, he was cornered on a rock by walkers. He was saved by Rick Grimes and his group, and offered them to stay at the church.
After they set up base here, Bob Stookey was kidnapped and later brought back in a taunting manner by the Terminus residents, led by Gareth. This revealed that the Terminus residents had been stalking them. A while after tending to Bob, Rick took a small band out into the woods to seemingly look Gareth and his men. Afterwards, the Terminus residents stormed into the church and searched for the remaining survivors, but were soon ambushed by Rick and his group and savagely slaughtered.
When the carnage ended and Bob passed away, the bodies were buried by Rick and Tyreese Williams. Later on the church was fortified using materials from within it, much to Father Gabriel's disgust, when the group ventured to the Grady Memorial Hospital. Gabriel snuck out and went to the high school. During his investigation of the school, he attracted the attention of walkers that followed him back to the church and overran it. Just in time, the group of Abraham Ford, Rosita Espinosa, Eugene Porter, Glenn Rhee, Maggie Greene, and Tara Chambler returned to the church and blocked the doorway with their firetruck to prevent any walkers from getting out. They then headed to the hospital.
Weeks after these events, Morgan Jones stumbled across the church when he followed the markings to left by the Terminus residents to the church. Inside, set up a shrine at the altar. Morgan then knelt and prayed in the front of the shrine before laughing to himself. Then he looked around the church and acquired a map to Washington D.C. lying on the floor, reading the message Abraham had left for Rick and then realized, shocked, that his friend is still alive out there.
- Gabriel Stokes - a priest who resides in the church
- Rick Grimes
- Carl Grimes
- Judith Grimes
- Glenn Rhee
- Daryl Dixon
- Carol Peletier
- Maggie Greene
- Tyreese Williams
- Sasha Williams
- Bob Stookey
- Tara Chambler
- Abraham Ford
- Eugene Porter
- Rosita Espinosa
- "Four Walls and a Roof"
- "What Happened and What's Going On" (Flashback)
- "Forget" (Flashback)
- A short bus was parked behind the church which Father Gabriel loaned to Rick and his group after they fixed it up for their trip to Washington, D.C.. It crashed and then exploded soon after it left from the church due to Eugene putting crushed gas in the fuel line.
- The words "YOU'LL BURN FOR THIS" are carved into one side of the church walls; this is a reference to going to Hell, where those who reject the free gift of salvation paid for with the blood of Jesus Christ go for all eternity in the Christian religion.
- Inside of the church is a list of Bible verses on the wall. These verses all deal with the living and the dead. They are:
- Romans 6:4: Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
- Ezekiel 37:7: So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
- Matthew 27:52: And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
- Revelations 9:6: And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
- Luke 24:5: And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?