|This article is about the Comic Series character. You may be looking for her TV Series counterpart or the actress.|
- "Tara please... Let me make something completely clear. I believe in Rick Grimes. They're going to win. It may be hard, a bunch of them might die... But they're going to win. That's what Rick Grimes does. And when it's all over and all the Whisperers are dead, and Rick and his people are weak... We'll take over whatever is left."
- —Sherry to Tara.[src]
Sherry is a main character and an antagonist first encountered in Issue 105 of Image Comics' The Walking Dead. She is one of the numerous wives of Negan, and also a member of The Saviors and is currently the new leader. It is revealed in Issue 108 that Sherry is the wife of Dwight. During the two-year timeskip after Negan's fall, Sherry leaves Dwight for someone else. During the war with the the Whisperers, Sherry takes charge of the Saviors and plots to take over the Alexandria Safe-Zone after the war ends. She serves as the secondary antagonist of Volume 27: The Whisperer War, and the primary antagonist of Volume 28.
On her initial introduction, Sherry is shown to be a weary yet kind-hearted individual, looking out for her friends (such as Amber and Mark) and trying her best to maintain the peace. She also appeared to be invested in the emotional well-being of those around her, as seen when she comforted Mark over Amber's disappearance.
Following the end of the war between the joint communities and the Saviors, however, evidence of Sherry's demeanor taking a darker turn is gradually presented; examples include her leaving Dwight for someone else, her choosing the luxury provided by Negan over Dwight, and her disbanding the Saviors' alliance with Alexandria following Dwight's departure from the Sanctuary. Her apparent true personality is revealed in Issue 161, when she expresses her intentions to assume control of Alexandria following the end of the war against the Whisperers.
Nothing is known about Sherry's life before or as the outbreak began apart from that Sherry was married to Dwight.
Hardly anything is known about Sherry, it is unknown how she met up with The Saviors. She agrees to become one of Negan's wives, thinking that it would make life easier for herself and her husband, Dwight. However, she underestimated how much she would miss him after the separation, causing Dwight to sustain his facial wound from the iron. She is a friend of Amber, and tries to help her as Negan is mad at Amber. She is seen also in the area where Mark is being tortured. She attempts to talk to Dwight, but, is angrily rebuffed by him.
Sherry is mentioned by Dwight, who he reveals is with another man, and is happier with him. She is also seen talking to Mark about his theory that Amber has gone off with a different man.
When Vincent arrived at the Sanctuary looking for aid to fight the Whisperers, Sherry refused to send help. Sherry asked Tara to go and find Vincent before he makes it back to Alexandria. Later in the Volume, Negan teases Dwight, revealing Sherry was always an opportunist. Negan's assumption is proven to be quite right, as she reveals to Tara that when Rick has dealt with the Whisperer's, they will take out Alexandria and take over.
This list shows the victims Sherry has killed:
- A few zombies.
- "Come on Amber. Dwight I..."
- —Amber to Dwight [src]
- "She knows she fucked up, Negan. Go easy on her."
- —Sherry to Negan about Amber.[src]
- "She just made one mistake, okay?"
- —Sherry to Negan regarding Amber.[src]
Sherry and Amber seem to be close friends. It was mentioned that Sherry was the one who brought Amber into Negan's set of wives. Sherry also comforted Amber when Negan ridiculed her for cheating on him with Mark.
- "She threw you away so she could be lazy and pampered."
- —Laura to Dwight about Sherry. [src]
Sherry has not yet been seeing interacting with Rick, but it's assume that Sherry doesn't care for Rick, as she begins to make a plan to taking on Rick and Alexandria once The Whisperers gets taken care of.
- Issue 117 (No Lines)
- Issue 150 (No Lines)
- Sherry is the first woman who Negan took as his wife, as stated by Dwight in Issue 108.
- In Issue 149, Sherry is erroneously referred to as Diane by Dwight and Laura.
- In Issues 158 and 161, it is suggested that Sherry has become the de facto leader of the Saviors following Dwight's departure.