- "I won't make excuses, those men put their lives at risk every day to protect this town. We've lost more than a few friends out there. Everybody copes in their own way. But I'll raise it with the Governor."
- —Rowan to Andrea and Michonne.[src]
Nothing is known about Rowan's life before or as the outbreak. It is possible that she lived in Woodbury.
Rowan joined the Woodbury settlement at one point and lavished in the return to normalcy that was given to her and others. She grew increasingly close to The Governor until she eventually became his lover (albeit presumably in secret).
She guides Andrea and Michonne around the town when they arrive, Rowan talks about how there are 73 residents living in Woodbury, and that the 74th resident is on its way. She also crowds around the newly-acquired military vehicles that are brought into town by The Governor and his men. Later on, she is seen sleeping naked in The Governor's bed, after having intercourse with him.
Following the failed prison assault in "Welcome to the Tombs", Rowan's fate is unclear. However, she is most likely dead. It is likely she was among the fleeing Woodbury soldiers massacred by the Governor out on the road as she was not seen with the remaining Woodburians arriving at the prison.
- Philip Blake (Caused or Direct)
While not seen onscreen, it is likely that Rowan was shot to death by the Governor along with the rest of the Woodbury Army after they refused to return to the Prison to continue fighting. If not shot, she was either killed at the Prison or died after fleeing from the Prison after being forced to retreat.
This list shows the victims Rowan has killed:
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies.
Rowan is seen in Philip's bed at the end of "Walk With Me", implying that they are having sexual relations. Rowan states that Philip is a good man and has made her, and the other Woodbury residents, feel safe behind the walls of Woodbury. It is unknown what his relationship with Rowan has been since sleeping with Andrea, but it may have been purely casual.
- ↑ Casting directors have confirmed that any Woodbury character, extra or otherwise, not seen alive in the Season 3 finale have been assumed dead as all soldiers were killed in the prison assault and subsequent massacre.