|Age||Early to mid 50's|
|Relations||Unnamed wife and daughter|
|First Appearance||"Walk With Me"|
|Last Appearance||"The Suicide King"|
|Death Episode||"The Suicide King"|
|Cause of Death||Bitten by zombies and shot by Philip before reanimation.|
|Series lifespan||"Walk With Me" to "The Suicide King"|
|Richard as he is being shot by The Governor.|
|Richard Foster Gallery|
Greg Tresan Gallery
- "Ugh, help"
- —Richard after being mauled by walkers.[src]
Nothing is known about Richard's life before or as the apocalypse began, except that he has a wife and daughter, who survived along with him. It is possible that he lived in or near Woodbury prior to the outbreak.
Richard is seen walking around town with his daughter and wife. He and his family also inspect the newly-acquired vehicles taken from the National Guard by the Governor and listen to his speech.
Richard attends the barbecue with his family and listens to the Governor's toast.
Richard is attacked by zombies, who broke into Woodbury through the back gate. Seriously wounded, he is shot in the head to prevent reanimation by Philip, who then returns to his apartment without uttering a single word. Richard is later mentioned by Philip along with other Woodbury survivors who were killed when Andrea goes to talk to him.
This list shows the victims Richard has killed.
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies.
While the townspeople of Woodbury were attempting to depart, Richard is attacked by walkers who had breached the back gate. He is bitten before being rescued by Andrea. Soon after, a crowd is drawn to the scene and The Governor comes out of his house. In front of the crowd, The Governor shoots him in the head, putting him out of misery and preventing reanimation without uttering a single word.
| This relationship section needs a lot of work. |
You can help the Walking Dead Wiki by expanding it.
- Richard was eaten by two zombies, one of them being the The Walking Dead's FX Makeup artist, Gregory Nicotero, who enjoys performing zombie acting every season, and the other being an extra, Andrew Jenkins.
- Richard is dubbed as "The Woodbury Guy" in the In Memoriam clip for "The Suicide King"'s Talking Dead segment.
- The actor, uncredited, who portrayed Richard is Greg Tresan, which is revealed in the making of "The Suicide King," in a clip on YouTube.
- Greg Tresan is also the animal wrangler on the show.