Requests for Staff (RfS) is the process by which the community decides who will become staff members, who are trusted editors to serve as a Janitor or a Chat Moderator. A user either submits his/her own request for staff (a self-nomination) or is nominated by another user. For record purposes, we will be keeping previous applications on file as reference and for public access in the Archive.
Before submitting a request for staff, users must meet a list of requirements. The requirements are listed below:
- The user must have completed at least 400 (or 100 if applying for chat moderator) or more mainspace edits at the time of their submission.
- The user must have been an accounted member of the wikia for at least three months at the time of their submission.
If a user submits a request without matching one of these requirements, their submission will be removed immediately. They can re-submit their request at a later date, with an existing admin's permission.
1. A user submits their request for staff or is nominated by another user. Submit your request by leaving a message detailing why you feel you are qualified for the position and why you would be an asset to the community. Follow your message with your signature.
2. Users in the community will have a period of time to support, oppose, or remain neutral to a user's request. IPs, or users without accounts are not allowed to vote.
3. After a reasonable amount of given time, voting will end. If the request has at least 8 supportive votes* and more supportive votes than opposing votes, it is qualified for admin voting. If not, the request is denied.
4. If the request is qualified, the admins will have to vote. They will submit their votes via the administrative board on the forums, or anonymously amongst themselves. The request needs a simple majority of the voting admins** to be approved.
5. If the majority of the voting admins and community staff support the candidate, an admin/bureaucrat will promote the user to a staff member.
Support a User by leaving a signature and a reason why you support, and the same for not supporting. Non-constructive posts will be removed.
Staff members are decided through a person's contributions and their activity on the Wiki. Before requesting a staff position, take a look at where your edits lie (we prefer that Staff members have at least 400 edits). This also applies to supporting or opposing to a user's request. If they are lacking constructive edits or their edits are within a different field than the one they're applying for, they obviously aren't cut out for the job.
IPs are not allowed to edit this section.
How to vote
To vote, simply place one of the four voting templates below the request, along with any existing votes. The voting templates to choose from are "Support", "Oppose", "Neutral", and "Comment". After placing the template, explain why you cast that specific vote. Provide valid reasoning; don't support a user simply because they are your friend or oppose a user because you don't like them. Provide solid and clear reasoning. Keep in mind that you are not only voting on the request, but also trying to persuade the admins to support or oppose the submission. Follow your reasoning with your signature.
Janitors are users who are always on the lookout for spelling errors, coding errors, useless information, run-on sentences, etc.
Hello everyone, I am nominating myself for janitor because I am an active and frequent editor on the wiki and I enjoy a lot being here. Most of my edits are reverting vandalism, removing false info, correcting spelling errors, correcting links and templates plus more, that's why I'm applying to be a janitor (oh really?). More, I saw there have been cleaning recently in the general staff and there are always vandals and trolls behind the corner to fight.
Hola peeps. Jake here, deciding to apply for janitor.
In the past I have cleaned up vandalism and general errors with spelling and/or grammar, so... I already qualify for this position I think. Plus, with more and more morons wandering in and fucking with pages (minor and major vandalism alike), we might as well have another person monitoring.
Aside from that, I'm also up for touching up pages, adding necessary info and reworking info that is already there to sound better and be more up to date.
I will admit I've been in edit wars in the past, but not really for the sake of proving a point? Moreover for the sake of keeping information on the page if it's necessary information.
Hi, my name's Christian, and I'm applying for janitor.
Ever since I joined the wiki over a year ago (At least Post-Judith edit wars 1 & 2), I've been trying to be an essential user, doing anything I can to benefit the wiki. Honestly, I like making edits like fixing grammar, or adding templates, and stuff like that. Plus, we've been getting a lot of stupid edits from vandals recently, and I usually end up cleaning up their edits, so why not have more people on the lookout?
And I'll admit, I have been in other edit wars as well, but I'd only do it for the benefit of the page(s), even if I was wrong at times.
That's all I wanted to say about myself. If you think I'm fit for the job, please support me. If not, then let me know about my flaws, and I'll do my best to improve. Either way, thank you. CDandme (talk) 14:15, May 20, 2018 (UTC)CDandme
Support Forgot to support you earlier. You’re a smart user, you know what kinds of info is relevant or not when it comes to pages. Plus you’re fast with handling vandals or socks. KeepOnKeepingOn (talk) 19:20, May 30, 2018 (UTC)
Hello, my name is Azat. you may also now me as ChuckyMaster0628, and i'm also applying for janitor
I really enjoy editing for three years, and i'm trying to be a good user and also a good person, who is kind to each other. I like adding pictures in a template and fixing templates. Like above we are getting stupid edits from vandals, and i'm also ending up cleaning up their edits.
Chat Moderators regulate and monitor what is said on the Chat feature on the Wiki.
We are not accepting any requests at this time. Please check back later.