Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Requests for Adminship (RfA) is the process by which the community decides who will become administrators (also known as admins or sysops), who are users with access to additional technical features that aid in maintenance. A user either submits his/her own request for adminship (a self-nomination) or is nominated by another user. See the Requests for Adminship Archive page if you are looking for all past applications.
Before submitting a request for adminship, users must meet a list of requirements. The requirements are listed below:
- The user must have completed at least 1,000 or more edits at the time of their submission.
- The user must have been an accounted member of the wikia for at least seven months* at the time of their submission.
- In addition, no user may submit a request if another admin request is still being voted upon. This allows the community to focus and devote their full attention to a single request before moving on to another.
If a user submits a request without matching one of these requirements, their submission will be removed immediately. They can re-submit their request at a later date, with an existing admin's permission.
1. *This time period was decided upon so that the user has had experience on the wikia during various times of the year, including during the airing of AMC's The Walking Dead, when the community tends to be busiest.
1. A user submits his request for adminship or is nominated by another user. Submit your request by leaving a message detailing why you feel you are qualified for the position and why you would be an asset to the community. Follow your message with your signature.
2. Users in the community will have a two-week period to support, oppose, or remain neutral to a user's request. IPs, or users without accounts are not allowed to vote.
3. When the two-week period is up, the page will be locked so that no new votes can be made. If the request has at least 8 supportive votes* and more supportive votes than opposing votes, it is qualified for admin voting. If not, the request is denied.
4. If the request is qualified, the admins will have one week to vote. They will submit their votes anonymously amongst themselves. The request needs a simple majority of the voting admins** to be approved.
5. If the majority of the voting admins decide to approve a request, a bureaucrat will grant the user adminship.
- 1. *Admins are allowed to vote in the preliminary voting if they decide to, but they are not required to.
- 2. **At least two-thirds of the admins need to cast votes during admin voting.
How to vote
To vote, simply place one of the four voting templates below the request, along with any existing votes. The voting templates to choose from are "Support", "Oppose", "Neutral", and "Comment". After placing the template, explain why you cast that specific vote. Provide valid reasoning; don't support a user simply because they are your friend or oppose a user because you don't like them. Provide solid and clear reasoning. Keep in mind that you are not only voting on the request, but also trying to persuade the admins to support or oppose the submission. Follow your reasoning with your signature.
Hey everyone. Now that an admin spot has been opened, I figured that I'd give this another try.
I would fill this out with a bunch of my stats and what not, but I feel that nobody really cares about any of that, so I'll keep it concise. I've been on here for 3 years now and in that time I've done a lot. 27K edits and multiple staff positions, but that's not really important. The part that really matters is that I am very active and actively support every medium of the franchise (even FTWD, which I don't even enjoy) in order to have up to date information here on the wiki because editing is something I legitimately enjoy doing.
The other point I feel I should make here is that I am an admin on numerous other wikis. Suffice it to say, I have become very familiar with the admin dashboard and know my way around it quite well. Maybe get some changes going with the infoboxes, and appearances sections, if the other admins comply. (referring to this: http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:QueenOfEdge/Suggestion:_Character_Appearances_Template)
However, my main point that I am getting at here is that we need another active admin. Mister T is really the only one left who is actively editing consistently. I think we should at least have another person, so Mister T isn't the only one that users come to. (yes, I know that users can come to the other admins for assistance, but they're more likely to go to him, given that his name is usually the one that is in the wiki activity.)
So, that's it. Please leave all feedback down below, it's very helpful and much appreciated. And please don't hesitate to oppose me. If you think I'm not good for admin, despite what I said above, please feel free to do so. Just make sure that you communicate the reasons behind it to help me improve. Hell, maybe I can debate ya on some of them. :P
Either way, if it's not me that gets the position, I hope it goes to someone who is active and contributes frequently because that's what would be best for the wiki.
Thanks for reading. :)
Support Active admin, Devin will be great for the job and he's one of the best editors we have here for sure, It will be great to have more admins with time on their hands as well so I'd say he deserves a chance. ALinkToThePasta (talk) 15:24, December 3, 2016 (UTC)
Support We could always use an extra hand with upgrading the wiki, so I say yes, he's a good fit for an admin. -ZukeTheDuke
Support Devin is consistently active and he's a big asset to the wiki, I think he's one of the most deserving people on the wiki for the spot. --Colourful Walker
Support Why, Devinthe66 is, from what I have seen, always on track with the wikia's needs and whatever its users need. Basically, our election is just a formality, like some other elections we have recently gone through that not all of us agree on. --Bmax999(talk) 18:46, December 3, 2016 (UTC)
Support I honestly think he should've been an admin a long time ago, he doesn't let his opinions on any medium cloud what he does here or the way he handles himself on this wiki. With a less active wiki we need him as an admin, got my full support bro! --Kovarro (talk) 06:43, December 5, 2016 (UTC)