Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Prison Council was a group of survivors who oversaw life at the prison in Season 4 of AMC's The Walking Dead. They often held meetings and made decisions for the well-being of the prison community.
The Prison Council was formed in the time gap between Season 3 and Season 4. It was formed in response to Rick Grimes's decision to give up his role as sole leader in "This Sorrowful Life." The council's purpose was make rules and decisions in the prison. It effectively changed the government of the prison from autocracy to democracy.
Beginning with "Infected," the council was forced to deal with a flu that had begun to spread amongst the prison group. Two members of the council, Sasha Williams and Glenn Rhee, were infected with the flu and placed in quarantine. During this time, council member Daryl Dixon led Michonne, Bob Stookey, and Tyreese Williams on an expedition to find medicine. Meanwhile, Rick took it upon himself to banish council member Carol Peletier for killing Karen and David in an attempt to stop the flu from spreading. The following day, The Governor returned and abducted Hershel Greene, the head of the council, and Michonne, holding them hostage. Rick attempted to defer to the council's authority, but the Governor was only willing to speak with Rick, and he ultimately executed Hershel. With Hershel's death and the subsequent destruction and abandonment of the prison, the council is no longer active.
- Coal crew, including Zach, pulled back from going on runs.
- Rick Grimes has to carry a gun with him at all times outside of the prison grounds.
- Karen and David quarantined in Cell Block A.
- Jeanette, Lizzie Samuels, Glenn Rhee, Caleb Subramanian, Sasha Williams, Luke, and others quarantined in Cell Block A.
- The elderly and the young who aren't infected with the flu have to stay quarantined in the office blocks as they are the most vulnerable.
- It was confirmed on Talking Dead that the council is based off an idea Dale had in the comics (in Issue 24).