|This article is about the Woodbury soldier. You may be looking for the Comic Series character, one of the Saviors, the Dead Reckoning character, the Webisodes character, or the Hilltop resident.|
- "We're done fighting for a hole with a half dozen psychopaths living in it, they can keep it."
- —Paul objecting to returning to assault the prison a second time.[src]
Nothing is known about Paul's life before or as the outbreak began. It is possible that he used to live in or near Woodbury before the outbreak.
Paul is first seen the day after the Dixon brother arena fight. He is one of the rioting townspeople, armed with a tire iron and asks Shumpert and Martinez if they are allowed to leave Woodbury. A few minutes later, he says something to Andrea, but screaming is heard near the other wall. The wall had been breached and walkers had wandered into Woodbury. Paul witnessed Richard Foster receiving bites, and later watched as The Governor killed Richard, out of mercy and annoyance, because of Richard's cries of agony. When Andrea gave her speech about why everyone should stay in the town and rebuild, Paul agreed with her, but otherwise looked unimpressed.
Paul is seen invading the prison and firing on walkers. He is also seen making a retreat once Glenn and Maggie opened fire. Afterwards, he is one of the first to object to what just happened, he attempts to walk away from The Governor resulting in him being the first to die when The Governor opens fire on his own people, being shot in his shoulder.
Paul's corpse appears in a brief flashback after he was killed with the other Woodbury residents by The Governor.
After the "slaughter" at the prison, Paul is the first to argue that it is not right to go back to the prison. He is then shot in the back by The Governor, killing him.
This list shows the victims Paul has killed:
- Numerous counts of zombies.
- "Live Bait" (Flashback, Corpse)
- Originally, Paul was not a character being cast for. However, the producers were impressed with E. Roger Mitchell's performance that the character Paul was created for him, after he did not get the role of "Citizen" that he originally auditioned for.