|This article is about Oceanside in the TV Series. You may be looking for Oceanside in the Comic Series.|
Oceanside is a community that first appears in the episode "Swear" in AMC's The Walking Dead. It is a community grounded in Virginia that has situated in a pre-apocalypse campground, and it is near a small beach. It is led by a woman named Natania.
The Oceanside Cabin Motor Court was a campground located near a bay. It was presumably used to provide a recreational ground for families who seek to spend an outdoor weekend vacation by the sea, and has plenty of cabins for hospitality and storing outdoor equipment, as well as some recreational facilities. It is unknown if the campsite was occupied when the apocalypse started, if it was abandoned, its foremost occupants died inside, or worse, invaded and expelled/annhilated by its current inhabitants.
Sometime after the outbreak, Natania's community encountered the Saviors, and they were forced to work under Negan's tyranny. Unwilling to be subservient, the community fought back but were defeated in the ensuing skirmish, and many people were killed, including most of Natania's family. After the battle, all remaining male survivors over the age of 10 were lined up and executed, as retribution and a terrorizing deterrant to any further resistances. Faced with a future of being enslaved by the Saviors or dying, the remaining women and children fled their settlement, found the Oceanside campground, and re-established their community there, hidden from the Saviors. They adopted a policy to kill anyone who discovers their community on sight in order to protect themselves and to prevent any clues about them leaked to the Saviors. The women fish from the nearby bay to keep themselves fed, and have a large arsenal of guns to defend themselves with.
- Natania (Leader)
- Oceanside Resident
- Oceanside Resident
- At least 52 other residents
- Numerous counts of zombies and unnamed people
- All male survivors above the age of ten (Confirmed Fate)
- Cyndie's mother (Confirmed Fate)
- Cyndie's brother (Confirmed Fate)
- Aside from at least two young boys, this community does not seem to have any other males, but this is due to them being killed in battle or executed by the Saviors. This is different to its comic counterpart which does have some known male survivors such as Pete and Siddiq.