|Age||Mid 60's to 70's|
|Family||Betty Coleman - Wife (Deceased)|
Michael Coleman Jr. - Son (Deceased)
Emily Coleman - Daughter (Deceased)
|First Appearance||"When the Dead Come Knocking"|
|Last Appearance||"When the Dead Come Knocking"|
|Death Episode||"When the Dead Come Knocking"|
|Death||Died of prostate cancer, stabbed in the head by Andrea after reanimation.|
|An undead Michael being stabbed by Andrea.|
|Michael Coleman Gallery|
Peter Kulas Gallery
- "He asked if I can keep the track playing while we wait."
- —Milton informing Andrea of Michael's final wish.[src]
Before the outbreak, Michael lived with his wife Betty, his son Michael Jr., and his daughter Emily before the outbreak began. He was a member and resident of Woodbury. At some point, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Michael Jr., and Emily likely died after the outbreak based upon the way Milton talked about them, and Michael's reaction after seeing their pictures and hearing their names.
Coleman is first seen bedridden in a room for Milton's experiment with Andrea. Milton proceeds to begin a process to instill a certain procedure into his subconscious. When the procedure ends, Milton explains to Andrea that he is dying of prostate cancer and that Woodbury doesn't have the supplies to treat him, and that they are waiting for him to pass away, so they can carry on the experiment to discover if walkers can still recognize things from the person they once were. This procedure Milton had repeated several times on Coleman in his last days. Once he begins to reanimate, Milton and Andrea restrain him. Milton begins the procedure with no results. Milton refuses to quit and wants to undo the latch on Michael's right arm to show that he can still do the procedure. Milton undoes the restraint, but Coleman attempts to bite him, and Andrea stabs Michael in the head.
Michael Coleman is briefly mentioned by Andrea when she is talking to The Governor about cremating Michael.
- Prostate Cancer
Michael was dying from prostate cancer, so he volunteered for Milton's reanimation experiments. While being kept in the Woodbury lab, watched by Milton and Andrea, Michael died from the cancer.
- Andrea (Zombified)
After being unlatched from his restraints, Michael attacked Milton, although Andrea quickly stabbed him in the head with a small knife before Milton was harmed.
This list shows the victims Michael has killed:
- Possibly a few of zombies.
Michael and Milton became friends while Milton monitored Michael's condition in "When the Dead Come Knocking". They were very close, this is shown by Milton's reaction when Michael became a zombie, trying to unfasten Michael and risking his own life to see if a part of Michael still existed. After Andrea put him down Milton was deeply saddened.
- Michael is one of the oldest characters to die in the TV Series, the others being Dale and Hershel .
- Michael was supposed to have lines, but they were cut prior to filming. 
- Michael is one of the few people in The Walking Dead universe to die of natural causes, the others being David Chalmers of the first Novel, Rise of the Governor, several prison survivors, and possibly Larry, from a heart attack.
- Michael is similar to Candace Jenner, since they both donated/volunteered their bodies to be used for research and experimental development.