|Age||Mid 60's to 70's|
|Relations||Betty Coleman (Wife)|
Michael Coleman, Jr. (Son)
Emily Coleman (Daughter)
|First Appearance||"When the Dead Come Knocking"|
|Last Appearance||"When the Dead Come Knocking"|
|Death Episode||"When the Dead Come Knocking"|
|Death||Died of prostate cancer, stabbed in the head by Andrea after reanimation.|
|Series lifespan||Season 3|
|Michael being stabbed by Andrea.|
|Michael Coleman Gallery|
Peter Kulas Gallery
Michael lived with his wife Betty, his son Michael Jr., and his daughter Emily before the apocalypse. He was a member and resident of Woodbury. At some point, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Betty, Michael Jr., and Emily likely died after the apocalypse based upon the way Milton talked about them, and Michael's reaction after seeing their pictures and hearing their names.
Coleman is first seen bedridden in a room for Milton's experiment with Andrea . Milton proceeds to begin a process to instill a certain procedure into his subconscious. When the procedure ends, Milton explains to Andrea that he is dying of prostate cancer and that Woodbury doesn't have the supplies to treat him, and that they are waiting for him to pass away, so they can carry on the experiment to discover if walkers can still recognize things from the person they once were. This procedure Milton had repeated several times on Coleman in his last days. Once he begins to reanimate, Milton and Andrea restrain him. Milton begins the procedure with no results. Milton refuses to quit and wants to undo the latch on Michael's right arm to show that he can still do the procedure. Milton undoes the restraint, but Coleman attempts to bite him, and Andrea stabs Michael in the head.
Michael Coleman is briefly mentioned by Andrea when she is talking to The Governor about cremating Michael.
This list shows the victims Michael has killed:
- Possibly a couple of zombies.
- Prostate Cancer
Michael was dying from prostate cancer, so he volunteered for Milton's reanimation experiments. While being kept in the Woodbury lab, watched by Milton and Andrea, Michael died from the cancer.
- Andrea (Zombified)
After being unlatched from his restraints, Michael attacked Milton, although Andrea quickly stabbed him in the head with a small knife before Milton was harmed.
| This relationship section needs a lot of work. |
You can help the Walking Dead Wiki by expanding it.
Michael and Milton became friends while Milton monitored Michael's condition in "When the Dead Come Knocking". They were very close, this is shown by Milton's reaction when Michael became a walker, trying to unfasten Michael and risking his own life to see if a part of Michael still existed. After Andrea put him down Milton was deeply saddened.
- Michael is one of the oldest characters to die in the TV Series, the other being Dale.
- Michael is one of two characters to die of a disease that wasn't caused by a bite, the other being David Chalmers of the first Novel, Rise of the Governor.
- Michael was supposed to have lines, but they were cut prior to filming. 
- Michael is one of the few people in The Walking Dead universe to die of natural causes.
- Michael is similar to Dr. Candace Jenner, since they both donated/volunteered their bodies to be used for research and experimental development.
- Emily is one of the 24 names in the Governor's notebook of deceased, possibly meaning sometime after Micheal arrived at Woodbury, his daughter was killed.