- "You told me where to hide; I just listened to what you said. 'Lock yourself in and don't come out, not even once it's quiet.' It kept running through my head, like on a loop. I don't even know how long I was in there... Then I heard your voice. (...) It was scary at first, but once the muertos couldn't see me anymore, they just passed by."
- —Mariana to Javier García.[src]
Mariana García, also referred to as "Mari," is a main character who appears in Telltale Games's The Walking Dead: Season Three. She is the daughter of David García, step-daughter of Kate García, niece of Javier García, and younger sister of Gabriel García.
Mariana is depicted as an optimistic, sweet-tempered, benevolent kid that appreciates all that her family has done for her and takes great joy in the simple pleasures of post-apocalyptic life, such as candy bars and her battery-less walkman that she uses to drown out the bickering of her family. Despite her gentle disposition and soft-spoken mannerisms, Mariana is perceptive and occasionally sardonic in her mannerisms, bowing her head and praying piously that she will be able to find a candy bar before she and her group salvage the junkyard and openly admitting to Javi that she uses her dead walkman so that she can remain uninvolved in the rest of her group's arguments.
Before the apocalypse, Mariana lived with her brother Gabe, father David and stepmother Kate. She mentions that her biological mother used to tell her a story before bedtime which had an ending that she considered stupid despite her mother thinking it was funny. During the early stages of the outbreak, her grandfather died in his house of apparently natural causes while his whole family (minus Javier) was present to witness his passing. Javier only arrives as Hector and his son were comforting her. When Mariana goes upstairs to refill Salvador's cup, Mrs. García, wracked with sobs, tells her that she no longer has to refill his cup. Mariana startlingly tells her that her grandfather was awake. Confused, everyone follows Mariana upstairs to discover Salvador standing in his bedroom. Hector approaches him after keeping his Mariana away, only to be attacked by his reanimated brother. Javier and David try to restrain their father when Salvador's wife storms in and asks what was happening. David tells her that Salvador had just attacked without warning. Mrs. García tries to comfort her husband, but gets bitten in the process. Stunned, she backs away into the arms of Javier and Kate and watches in shock as Salvador attacks David. Javier breaks a part of Salvador's bedframe and strikes Salvador with it as Kate holds a rag up to cover Mrs. García's wound. A terrified Mariana then hides under the family table, but Javier comforts her and encourages her to go with him. As David rushes Mrs. García to the hospital, Mariana joins Javier, Gabriel, Kate and Hector in their van.
Mariana is now a preteen and surviving with Javier, Kate and Gabe. She carries a cassette player with headphones she uses to drown out her surroundings. As they stop over in a junkyard, she prays to find a candy bar. She expresses her frustrations of her family constantly arguing and confesses to Javi that the batteries in her player have been dead for a few weeks. Javi then instructs her to hide in one of the cars if there is any trouble. When they discover the trailer, Javi has the option to give Mariana functioning batteries for her player. She and Gabe want to stay the night in the trailer, despite Kate's reluctance. When the New Frontier arrive, she hides with Kate and Gabe under the panel. Javi is then separated from the family.
Eventually, when the walker herd arrives at the junkyard, she hides in an abandoned car, just like what her uncle said. She reunites with him when he returns with Clementine and Tripp or Eleanor. After Javier rescues Kate and Gabe from walkers, Mariana happily reunites with her family. When Clementine mentions the safety of Prescott, Mariana asks Javier if they have hot water, and displays her excitement of the prospects of it. She finds her headphones and as Javi attempts to return her player she is suddenly shot in the back of her head by the New Frontier, who has returned as revenge. Kate rushes towards her body and is shot in the process. The group manages to transfer her body to safety, but Gabe and Tripp or Eleanor are forced to leave her body to bring Kate back to Prescott.
If Javier decides to stay and fight the New Frontier, Clementine has dug a burial site for Mariana after Javier recovers from a flash grenade explosion. Javier then tearfully buries Mariana. Throughout this episode, she is mentioned, numerous times.
Mariana appears in a flashback with Gabriel, when Javier and Kate decide they have to leave the neighborhood. She is unsure of what to pack before they leave and ends up taking her headphones with her over a stuffed animal. She is mentioned by David and Javier throughout the episode.
Mariana was mentioned a few times.
A photo of Mariana will appear on the memorial wall, the image depicting her standing and smiles on the office. She was mentioned by David, Javi and Gabe (If he is alive to the end).
While picking up her headphones from the floor, as she is about to return her player to him, Mariana is discovered by Badger, who then shoots her straight through the head, killing her instantly.
- Numerous counts of zombies.
- "This was my fault, Mariana. Goddamn it. I'm so sorry, honey."
- —Javier to Mariana's corpse. (Determinant)[src]
Javier and Mariana had a good relationship. She and Gabe referred to Javier as "the cool uncle", according to Kate. When Mariana was shot in the back of the head, Javier was devastated and angered. If Javier stays behind with Clementine, he buries Mariana, showing he loved and cared for her. Javíer is enraged by her death and can later brutally kill Badger to avenge her.
- "It's strange grieving for the same person twice. Like losing something you didn't know you had. What was she like Javi, she was so little when we got separate. Who did my little girl become. "
- —David to Javíer about Mariana.[src]
In From The Gallows, as David lays dying (Determinant), he says he loves Gabe, Mariana, and Javier before he passes.
- "Hey Kate... Can you come help us with this?"
- —Mariana to Kate. (Determinant)[src]
Mariana is shown to have a stable relationship with Kate, though she expressed disdain for every time Kate and Gabriel quarreled. Kate and Mariana disagreed over whether or not they should remain in the junkyard overnight, but Mariana ultimately deferred to Kate's decision. (Determinant) Prior to Javier's abduction, Kate found a chocolate bar and saved it for Mariana, giving it to Javier so that he could relay it to her. When the New Frontier first arrived in the junkyard, Kate ushered Mariana underneath their trailer to keep her safe. When Mariana was separated from her family, she shared her concerns over her stepmother to Javier. She was joyed to be reunited with her stepmother and Gabriel, though she was lightly repulsed when Kate and Javier kissed. (Determinant) Soon after their embrace, Mariana was abruptly killed by the New Frontier. Kate put herself in a direct line of fire (and incidentally in the path of one bullet) to recover her body. Kate was saddened by her stepdaughter's death.
- "You don't have to snot all over my shirt about it."
- —Mariana to Gabriel. (Determinant)[src]
Being her brother, Marianna was rather friendly around Gabe yet is annoyed by his behaviour. Gabe is angered when Mariana dies, implying he cared deeply about her, and expresses remorse upon arriving at Prescott. If Javier left with his family, Gabe will angrily insist that they go back to bury her. Javier also has the option of giving Gabe her tape player or keeping it for himself.
- "You thirsty, baby want some juice?"
- —Hector to Mariana.[src]
Mariana had a good relationship with her great uncle Hector, the man protecting her when Rafael reanimated as a walker by taking her out of the room. It is unknown how she reacted to her great-uncle's death.
- "Grandpa's cup was empty. (...) No, Yaya. Pipo's awake."
- —Mariana to her grandmother about Rafael.[src]
Mariana had a presumably positive relationship with her grandfather, affectionately calling him Pipe. She also gave him water when he asked for it. Mariana was horrified when he reanimated as a walker and attacked Hector, running away and hiding under a table.
- "You don't have to fill his cup up anymore, baby. Grandpa's... sleeping."
- —Mrs. García to Mariana.[src]
Mariana was on good terms with her grandmother, calling her Yaya. She seemed upset when Mariana was getting her grandpa water, trying to hide her husband's death as a way of consoling the girl. It is unknown how she reacted to her grandmother's death.
- "Let's go get your brother back, sweetie."
- —Eleanor to Mariana about Gabriel. (Determinant)[src]
If Tripp came along to the junkyard with Javier, Although the two aren't seen interacting much, he sees Mariana get shot in the head and is very sorry for Javi and his family about Marianas death.
The two weren't seen interacting that much, but Clementine is seen to be very sorry for Javi that his niece was killed.
- "Not anymore... Fuck her, and fuck you."
- —Badger to Javier about Mariana.[src]
- "Ties That Bind - Part 1"
- "Ties That Bind - Part 2" (Corpse, Determinant)
- "Above The Law" (Flashback)
- "From the Gallows" (Photograph)
- According to unused textures, Mariana was originally supposed to be shot in the neck which would eventually lead to Javi returning to the junkyard to find her as a walker, which would then lead to deciding whether Javi or an other character should put her down. 
- She is the only member of the García family to be murdered.
- Mariana is one of the sixteen characters with confirmed ages. The others being Lee Everett (37), Glenn (22), Sarah (15), Duck (10), Luke (26-27), Clementine (Season 1: 8-9, Season 2: 11, Season 3: 12-13), Alvin (43), Alvin Jr. (Season 2: 0, Season 3: 1-2), Samantha (22), Paige (22), Greg (16), James (13), Alex (7), Anna Correa (28), and Gabriel García (10-14).