Lawrence Gilliard Jr. (commonly known as Larry Gilliard Jr.) is an American actor who is best known for his appearance as D'Angelo Barksdale in The Wire.
Gilliard studied classical music at Baltimore School for the Arts and Juilliard School but decided to pursue acting instead. He made his film debut as the lead in the independent film Straight Out of Brooklyn. He studied acting at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, The Acting Studio, Inc., and the Stella Adler Conservatory.
- Walk of Shame
- The Machinist
- The Substitute 2: School's Out
- Fear Itself
- Next Stop Wonderland
- The Pickle
- In the Line of Duty: Street War
- Brother to Brother
- Would You Rather
- He is one of the three The Wire alumni to be cast on The Walking Dead. Chad Coleman is the first one, Lawrence is the second, and Seth Gilliam is the third.
- Both he and Chris Coy currently star in HBO's The Deuce.
- Lawrence Gilliard Jr. on IMDB
- Lawrence Gilliard Jr. on Wikipedia
- Lawrence Gilliard Jr.'s Twitter
- Larry Gilliard, Jr. at The Wire wiki
- ↑ Huntington, Brian. ANOTHER WIRE ALUMNI JOINS THE CAST! The Walking Dead (April 26, 2013)
- ↑ It’s Official: Lawrence Gilliard Jr. Joins the Cast of The Walking Dead Season 4 Daily Dead (April 26th, 2013)