|Born||Heather Laurie Holden|
December 17, 1969
Los Angeles, California, USA
|Also Known For||Marita Covarrubias in The X-Files|
Olivia Murray in The Shield
Adele Stanton in The Majestic
Cybil Bennett in Silent Hill
Amanda Dumfries in The Mist
Adele Pichlow in Dumb and Dumber To
|Laurie Holden Gallery|
Heather Laurie Holden, or more commonly known as Laurie Holden, was born December 17, 1969 in Los Angeles, CA, to actors Glenn Corbett (born Lawrence Holden) and Adrienne Ellis.
When she was five, her parents divorced and her mother married director Michael Anderson. Laurie then split her time between L.A. and Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Her first role was on "The Martian's Chronicles" (1980), when she played Rock Hudson's daughter. As a teenager, she won the "Look of the Year" modeling pageant in Toronto. After her freshman year at Montreal's McGill University (as an economics major), she transferred to UCLA and completed her BA.
Laurie has appeared in many movies, such as:
- Separate Vacations as Karen
- Physical Evidence as Matt's girl
- Expect No Mercy as Vicki
- The Pathfinder as Mabel Dunham (Television Film)
- Past Perfecr as Ally Marsey
- Echo as Scarlett Antonelli (Television Film)
- Alibi as Beth Polasky
- The Man Who Used to Be Me as Amy Ryan (Television Film)
- The Majestic as Adele Stanton
- Bailey's Billion$ as Marge Maggs
- Fantastic Four as Debbie McIlvane
- Silent Hill as Cybil Bennett
- The Mist as Amanda Dumfries
- Meet Market as Billy
- Dumb, and Dumber To as Adele Pinchelow
Laurie has appeared in many TV Series, such as:
- The Martian Choronicles as Marie Wilder
- Captain Power, and the Soldiers of the Future as Erin
- Young Catherine as Princess Catherine Dashkova (Miniseries)
- Father Dowling Mysteries as Joyce Morrison / Judith Carswell
- Secret Services as Suki
- Scales of Justice as Nancy Oakes
- Family Passions as Claire
- Destiny Ridge as Darlene Kubolek
- TekWar as Rachel Tudor
- Due South as Jill Kennedy
- Highlander: The Series as Debra Campbell
- Murder, She Wrote as Sherri Sampson
- Poltergeist: The Legacy as Cora Jennings / Sarah Browning
- Two as Madeline Reynolds
- The X-Files as Marita Covarrubias
- Dead Man's Gun as Bonnie Lorrine
- The Magnificent Seven as Mary Travis
- The Outer Limits as Susan McLaren
- Big Sound as Piper Moran
- The Shield as Olivia Murray
- Major Crimes as Ann McGinnis
Laurie has done a numerous counts of theatre plays, such as:
- The Only Game in Town, based on play by Frank D. Gilroy
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, based on the play by Tennessee Williams
- The Love of the Nightingale, based on the play Procne by Timberlake Wertenbaker
- Ghosts, based on the play Regina by Henrik Ibsen
- Toros Y Hevos
- A Chorus Line, based on the book Kristine by James Kirkwood, Jr. and Nicholas Dante
- The Winter's Tale, based on the play Hermione by William Shakespeare
- Time, and the Conways, based on the play Madge by J. B. Priestley.
Laurie has also voiced in The X-Files: Resist or Serve Vidoe Game in 2004 as Marita Covarrubias.
Laurie has also produced a movie entitled; Honeytrap released in 2014.
Laurie has won multiple counts of awards for her works, such as:
- Look of the Year in 1986
- Natalie Wood Actin Award in 1993 for Best Actress
- Satellite Award in 2012 for Best Cast - Television Series on The Walking Dead (TV Series), alongside her cast mates.
- Saturn Award in 2013 for Best Supporting Actress on Television on The Walking Dead (TV Series).
- She is one of the collaborators that have worked with Frank Darabont before the Walking Dead. Along with; Melissa McBride, Juan Gabriel Pareja, Jeffrey DeMunn, and Sam Witwer
- Laurie Holden said that she wasn't supposed to be killed off in Season 3. The decision to kill her off from the show was made and given 3 days before the shooting for the finale began. In addition to this, 3 weeks prior to the shooting of the finale, the script was changed, scrapping her position as new leader of Woodbury.
- In the movie Dumb and Dumber: To Holden gets the nickname "Sugartits". That is a nod to Season 1 and Season 3 where Merle calls Andrea Sugartits.