Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Larysa Kondracki was born in Toronto and studied English and theater at McGill University. She received an M.F.A. in film direction from Columbia University and directed the short film VIKO (2008) which played mainly at film festivals to widespread acclaim. The WHISTLEBLOWER is her first feature directorial film.
While completing the M.F.A. directing program at Columbia University, Larysa Kondracki first heard about the epidemic of sex-trafficking in Eastern Europe. A Canadian-born of Ukrainian-decent, the topic resonated deeply with her. After learning of Kathryn Bolkovac's fate, Kondracki traveled to Amsterdam to learn first hand about her story, spending time with her in Amsterdam. She ultimately spent two years in Europe with co-writer, Eilis Kirwan, researching the subject of trafficking, and speaking to NGO workers and high-level United Nations, EU and OSCE representatives. This work led to the script for THE WHISTLEBLOWER.
Kondracki is currently based in Los Angeles and has written feature projects for Focus Features, HBO Films, Participant Media, and Showtime Entertainment, as well as many others. She has numerous projects in development, including The Count of St. Petersburg, which she plans to direct.
Kondracki has been credited in numerous count of films, such as:
- The Whistleblower
- Copper (7 episodes)
- The Place I Called My Home
- The Fine Ould Irish Gintlemen
- A Morning Song
- Aileen Aroon
- Home, Sweet Home
- Better Times Are Coming
- The Hudson River School
- Halt and Catch Fire (1 episode)
- Rogue (6 episodes)
- Coup de Grace
- You Just Get Used to It
- Saints of the Dead
- Chasing the Dragon
- Cathy's Song
- Graceland (1 episode)
- The Head of the Pig
- Covert Affairs (3 episodes)
- Sensitive Euro Man
- Something Against Me
- The Divide (1 episode)
- To Whom Evil Is Done
- Better Call Saul (1 episode)
- (Untitled) episode 7
- Best Narrative at Big Muddy Film Festival for Viko (2009)
- Thriller Prize at Brussels International Festival of Fantasy Film for The Whistleblower (2011)
- Audience Award at Palm Springs International Film Festival for the Whistleblower (2011)
- Golden Space Needle Award at Seattle International Film Festival for The Whistleblower (2011)
- Phillip Borsos Award at Whistler Film Festival for The Whistleblower (2010)
- Audience Award at Whistler Film Festival for the Whistleblower (2010)(shared with Christina Piovesan, Amy Kaufman, and Celine Rattray)
- Bronze Award at WorldFest Houston for Viko (2009)