|This article is about the Video Game character. You may be looking for the Comic Series character, the actor, or the other actor.|
|Age||Late 50s to early 60s|
|Occupation||Retired Army Soldier (Pre-Apocalypse)|
Military Base Foreman (Pre-Apocalypse)
Group Wall-Builder (Post-Apocalypse)
|Family||Lilly - Daughter|
(Unnamed) - Wife (Deceased)
|First Appearance||"A New Day"|
|Last Appearance||"Starved For Help"|
|Death Episode||"Starved For Help" (Alive; Before Reanimation, Assumed)|
|Death||Head crushed with salt lick by Kenny.|
|Cause of Death||Heart attack. (Alive)|
Head crushed by salt lick. (Assumed Before Reanimation)
|Series lifespan||"A New Day" to "Starved For Help"|
|Larry's head is crushed with a salt lick by Kenny.|
|Larry (Video Game) Gallery|
Terence McGovern Gallery
- "I know who you are, and I don't give a shit about what happens to you, but if anything happens to my daughter or that little girl you got with you, you watch your ass."
- —Larry threatening Lee.[src]
Larry is an original character who first appeared in Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Season One. Though he mainly cares about the safety of his daughter and generally has good intentions, his loud, cantankerous and judgmental attitude causes him to be a thorn in the side of most of the group.
All that is known about Larry is that he was a retired army commander that had a history of heart problems. Larry married a woman and together they had a daughter, Lilly, who is also a survivor of the apocalypse. According to Lilly, Larry went through a great deal of suffering and loss during his life, including coping with the loss of his wife, keeping her wedding band in his pocket at all times to remember his late wife.
His losses hardened him and caused him to become immensely harsh and judgmental towards life and anyone whom he thinks might threaten Lilly and his own welfare, as he only has her to protect and live for. He also knows the story behind Lee Everett and his troubled past, causing an antagonistic relationship between the two, as Larry thought Lee's status as a convicted murderer spelled danger for his daughter and their group, where Larry even went as far as to try and kill Lee in order to save everyone else.
Larry was a survivor encountered by Lee. Along with Lilly and the other survivors, he was seen holed up in a rundown drug store that was coincidentally owned by Lee's family. When Lee, Clementine, Kenny, Katjaa, and Duck arrive at the drugstore, Larry is seen yelling at Carley for disobeying the command given by his daughter to keep the door shut at all times. After Lee's interference, he looks at a dirtied Duck and immediately believes Duck is bitten since a walker attacked the boy and covered him in blood. Lee will then have to decide whether to side with Larry or Kenny. After raging over whether Duck was bitten or not, and subsequently cowering behind a counter in fear as walkers began pounding on the doors, Larry drops to the floor due to his stress provoking his heart problems. Lee and the group work to get nitroglycerin pills to help Larry's condition. Later, during the escape and after Lee is forced to choose between Carley or Doug, Larry will angrily scold whichever one of them survived for being too traumatized to do anything before telling them to move. After Lee saves Clementine from a walker, Larry punches Lee out and attempts to leave him behind for the walkers. However, Lee is saved by Kenny. He is later seen at the motel and confronts Lee. Larry reveals that he knows about Lee's past and threatens that if anything happens to Lilly or Clementine, he would tell everyone about Lee's secret.
Larry is first seen at the Motor Inn along with the other survivors. When Lee, Kenny, and Mark bring back Ben Paul and Travis/David Parker, he is furious as there are now more mouths to feed. Lee has the option to give him food, which is considered a "tough choice" by the game. Lee can also give his axe to Larry to help with the makeshift wall. Doing so will make Larry help save Lee when he is attacked by a reanimated Travis/David, but only if Lee saved Doug in Episode 1. If Lee saved Carley, she will shoot the walker instead, regardless of who Lee gives the axe to.
Later, he is seen at the St. John's Dairy Farm along with the others. He tells Lee and Lilly to lighten up and give the St. Johns a chance, too concerned about his hunger to worry about anything else. His attitude is considerably lighter when he is on the farm, claiming the change in scenery helps. He takes particular interest in Brenda St. John, flirting with her, and sticking up for her when Lee accuses her of cannibalism. When this accusation is proved true, he is put in a meat locker with Kenny, Lee, Clementine, and Lilly. Inside he starts yelling at the St. Johns and banging on the door furiously. Although Lilly pleads for him to stop, he refuses and his increasing stress causes a heart attack. When he stops breathing, Lilly tries to perform CPR to save him. However, Kenny is convinced he is dead and wants to kill him to prevent him from reanimating. Lee then decides who to help. Either way, Kenny picks up a salt lick and drops it on his head, killing him. It can be seen briefly before the salt lick is dropped on Larry's head that Larry slightly moves his mouth. However, it isn't clear if the CPR worked or if Larry was on the verge of reanimating. Regardless, Kenny kills Larry with the salt lick. When the group cannot find a way out of the locker, Lee searches Larry's corpse for coins, and can find his wife's wedding ring in the process. Lee uses the coins to unscrew an air conditioner, allowing Clementine to go through the air-vent and unlock the door from the other side. Larry's body is left behind when the survivors leave the dairy, possibly devoured by the oncoming walkers.
Lee reminds Kenny that they/he killed Larry and that it has caused even more problems with Lilly. Likely will also mention how Kenny killed Larry several times. Lee can choose to tell Katjaa about what had specifically happened to Larry if he confesses his past to her. If Lee confesses his past to Kenny, depending on his choice of words, Kenny may mention that he just "smashed a guy's head in with a 50 pound block of salt", clearly referring to Larry.
Kenny mentions that the fact that they are trapped in an attic with a bitten person (Lee) is similar to the situation with Larry. Christa then questions who Larry is and Kenny tells her that "it don't matter". Later, depending on Lee's choices in previous episodes, Kenny will recall the incident with further detail and explain Larry's heart attack, but only if Lee and Kenny did not fight on the train. Christa asks, "Larry didn't make it out did he?" and Kenny nods before he responds with, "But we did." If Lee says he didn't hurt anyone, the stranger will taunt Lee on how he held Lilly back while Kenny smashed his head, referring to Larry if Lee helped Kenny kill Larry.
While Alvin and Clementine talk about Nick, Alvin asks Clementine if she knows anyone who did "something like that". Clementine has option to tell Alvin how Lilly's father, Larry, died and then "she shot another woman/guy" resulting in them either leaving Lilly behind or taking her with them only for her to steal their RV. Regardless of previous player choice Alvin will be shocked by these events.
In the dream sequence, Clementine and Lee discuss Lilly's anger. Clementine has the option of asking if she was angry over her father's death.
- Heart Attack
- Brenda St. John (Indirectly Caused, Alive)
- Danny St. John (Indirectly Caused, Alive)
- Andrew St. John (Indirectly Caused, Alive)
After suffering a heart attack, Lilly tries to save him, but Kenny believes that he is dead and his brain must be destroyed to prevent him from coming back as a walker and devouring them.
- Kenny (Assumed Before Reanimation)
Lee then has to decide who to help. Either way, Kenny picks up a salt lick and drops it on his head, destroying his brain.
- Lee Everett (Caused, Assumed Before Reanimation, Determinant)
If Lee helps Kenny, he assists him in destroying Larry's brain by preventing Lilly from giving CPR to her father.
This list shows the victims Larry has killed:
- David Parker (Zombified, Determinant)
- Travis (Zombified, Determinant)
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies.
- Larry has Ischaemic Heart Disease which requires him to take nitroglycerin tablets.
- In "Starved For Help", Lee has to decide who to give food to. 42% of players choose to feed Larry. The fourth most out of any character, only behind Clementine, Duck and Mark. 
- In Episode 2, Larry carries two Georgia quarters and a dime in his pocket and is shown to still carry his wallet and his wife's wedding ring, likely as a memento of her.
- Larry's death is ironic, for numerous reasons:
- In "A New Day", he voted that they must smash Duck's head in. Later, in "Starved For Help", Larry gets his head crushed.
- At the beginning of "Starved For Help", Mark states that he "wouldn't want to be stuck in a room with him." This foreshadows the event where Lee, Clementine, Lilly, Kenny, and Larry are all locked in a meat locker.
- He states moments before he dies that Lee is "stuck with him", and that he plans to be around long after Lee dies and be the one to prevent Lee from turning if that should happen. (Determinant)
- Both Larry and his daughter betray Lee by some means.
- Larry will ungratefully attempt to kill Lee in the drugstore (regardless of who he sides with in the argument before his heart attack) when walkers break into the drugstore, despite Lee saving him by obtaining his medicine.
- Despite being the oldest member of the original Macon survivors by nearly 20 years, Larry is shown to be the strongest survivor in the group, being able to knock both Lee and Kenny to the ground with only one punch.
- If Lee tries to revive him, Larry's mouth can be seen moving before Kenny drops the salt lick on his head; however, it is not made clear if this means that he was still alive at that time or that he was beginning to reanimate.
- Larry is one of the survivors whom Lee can choose to give the rations to. Depending on the type of ration that he gives, he responds differently. Out of those survivors, Larry is the only one with three different responds.
- If Lee chooses to give him an apple, he tells him that he hopes that doesn't make them friends. Lee points out that he could've given Larry nothing, but Larry will ignore Lee.
- If Lee gives him the cheese and crackers, he'll tell him that he should shove it up his ass, but he is too hungry. Strangly he doesn't take the food from him unlike the other options.
- If Lee gives him the beef jerky, he'll say that Lilly needs to stop worrying about him so much.
- Terence McGovern is credited for Larry in "Long Road Ahead", despite the fact that Larry does not appear.
- Larry is the first character Terence McGovern has voiced, the second being Gary.
- If they player chooses to remain silent and not intervene during the scene where Kenny and Larry argue about Duck being bitten, Katjaa will eventually finish cleaning the muck off of Duck and find that he indeed was not bitten and Larry will end up apologizing for his actions.
|Video Game Characters|
|Everett Family||Lee • B.|
|Clementine's Family||Clementine • Diana • Ed|
|Suburban Georgia||Andre • Chet|
|Greene Family||Hershel • Shawn|
|Kenny's Family||Kenny • Kenny Jr. • Katjaa|
|Macon||Lilly • Glenn • Carley • Doug • Larry • Beatrice • Irene • Mark|
|Stone Mountain School||Ben • Travis • David|
|St. John's Dairy Farm||Terry • Andrew • Danny • Brenda|
|Save-Lots Bandits||Danielle • Gary • Drew • Linda • Jolene|
|The Railroad||Christa • Omid • Charles|
|Savannah||Molly • Clive • Joyce • Anna • Boyd • Vernon • Brie|
|Prison Bus||Vince • Justin • Danny • Bennett • Clyde • Jerry • Marcus|
|Rural Road||Russell • Wyatt • Eddie • Nate|
|Pitstop Outskirts||Bonnie • Leland • Dee|
|Gil's Pitstop||Shel • Becca • Roberto • Walt • Roman • Michelle • Stephanie • Jean|
|Forest Scavengers||Victor • Ralph • Winston|
|The Cabin||Luke • Sarah • Nick • Carlos • Peter|
|Rebecca's Family||Alvin Jr. • Rebecca • Alvin|
|Moonstar Lodge||Sarita • Walter • Matthew|
|Howe's Hardware||Mike • Tavia • Lowell • Tyler • Vera • Tisha • Jane • Hank • Troy •|
William • Reggie • Johnny
|Russian Group||Arvo • Buricko • Natasha • Vitali|
|Randy's Family||Randy • Patricia • Gill|
|Animals||Maybelle • Sam • Walter|
|Walkers||Jon • Beth • Crawford • Logan • Jeff • Fivel • Sandra • Tess|
|Alive characters appear in green. Dead characters appear in red and italics. Unknown characters appear in blue. Undead characters appear in grey and italics. Determinant characters appear in purple. With italics, determinant characters either die or turn undead. Without italics, determinant characters either die, stay alive or are left with unknown status.|