Animation Department Worker
|Born||Jonathan Edward Bernthal|
September 20, 1976
Washington, D.C., USA
|Also Known For||Joe Teague in "L.A. Noir" (2013)|
|Jon Bernthal Gallery|
Jon was raised in Washington D.C., and went to study at The Moscow Art Theatre School in Moscow, Russia. He played professional baseball for the European Professional Baseball Federation. While in Moscow, he was noticed by the director of Harvard University's Institute for Advanced Theatre Training at the American Repretory Theatre, and was invited to obtain his M.F.A. there. After graduating in 2002, he performed in over thirty plays regionally and off-Broadway, including many of his own award-winning company, Fovea Floods. He currently resides in Venice, California with his dog, Boss, wife and son. His film resume includes Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009), Ghost Writer (2010), and Snitch (2013).
After the Walking DeadEdit
After Jon's portrayal of Shane in The Walking Dead, Jon went on to perform in many movies/TV shows:
- Snitch as Daniel James (Main Role)
- The Wolf of Wall Street as Brad
- Grudge Match as Unknown
- Fury as Grady Travis
- Harry's Law as Lucas Trassino
- Robot Chicken as Hawkeye
- Lost Angels as Joe Teague (Main Role)
- He is the nephew-in-law of professional wrestler Kurt Angle.
- Bernthal went to college with Michael Zegen, the actor who portrayed Randall.