|This article is about the Video Game character. You may be looking for the Comic Series character, the actor who appeared in "Vatos", the actor who portrayed Jimmy in the TV Series or the actor who portrayed a walker..|
- "The guy who did it ... who killed dad ... He's gotta ... I mean ... The things he said ... The way he was laughing about dad. He can't get away with it."
- —James to Michonne about Randall[src]
Chesapeake Bay, Virginia
In the early days of the apocalypse, James and his family (assisted by Sam's childhood friend Paige) barricaded their house with a large gate and wall to keep themselves safe. About a year before he met Michonne, his mother commited suicide, though he was never told this.
James is first seen inside his house as Michonne arrives with his injured sister. James gets medical supplies so Michonne can help her. After they treat Samantha's gunshot wound, Michonne informs the Fairbanks family of Greg's demise.
James is later seen with Samantha as they head to the garage, only to find a tied up Randall. He taunts them, saying that his group will kill them all, just like how they killed his father. James ends up crying and leaving the garage.
James is seen looking through a bag of guns. Michonne spots him, and they have a talk about Randall and the threat of Norma. Michonne teaches James how to load guns and gives him a gun to defend himself (Determinant). Later on, James is with his family as they have a funeral for John. As Norma arrives, Samantha tells her brothers to go and hide and to wait for her when the threat is sorted out. As soon as James and Alex hear this, they rush to their bedroom. When the house was caught on fire, Michonne saves James along with his brother and they escape the burning house together. James, along with the rest of his family are seen heading to Pete's boat.
This list shows the victims James has killed:
- Possibly a few zombies.
- "This is bad. This is really really bad."
- —James about Samantha's gunshot wound. [src]
- "Here. I-I don't know if I'm ready... You know, to have one. "
- —James to Michonne about having a gun.[src]
Alex is James little brother there shown to have a good brotherly relationship. Alex will hug James when learning about Greg death. There later see at there father's funeral as they hug each other. When, Norma arrive they hide and confront each other. They also share a bedroom.
- "James, Alex get back! Your sister's hurt! "
- —Paige to James and Alex about Samantha.[src]
- "My dad was smartest guy I knew.That didn't save him."
- —James to Michonne about his dad.[src]
- "What? What do you mean?"
- —James to Michonne about Greg's death.[src]
- "Mom, We love you. "
- —Written on Sophia's grave. [src]
- "Everything will be fine. (Determinant) "
- —Pete to James and Alex about Norma[src]
- "He can't get wait with it."
- —James to Michonne about Randall.[src]
- James, as well as his brother, share character animations with Clementine from Season 1.
- Samantha is 22 and was born in 1983. James is 13 so he could possible have been born in 1992 or 1993.
- James one of the thirteen characters with a confirmed age. The others are Sarah, Anna Correa, Luke, Clementine, Lee, Duck, Alvin, Alvin Jr., Greg, Paige, Samantha and Alex.
- James later becomes a member of Oceanside.
- Judging from their geographic location and the Wendigo folklore mentioned by Alex, the Fairbanks can be determined as Algonquian people.