As "ambassador" from a previously unknown nearby community, Paul Monroe, offers to escort Rick to the Hilltop Colony to meet the community's leader, "the guy in charge." Rick surprisingly lashes out at Paul, knocking him unconscious. Rick, Michonne, and Abraham tie Paul up. They carry him back into the Safe-Zone and lock him in the infirmary, so as not to alarm everyone.
Once in Alexandria Safe-Zone, Rick tells those gathered that he believes there will be an imminent attack from Paul's community and asks the group to start preparing for war, improvising weapons such as boiling oil if need be.
As the crowd disperses, Andrea asks Rick to consider that what Paul is saying about his community's good intentions may actually be true, and that holding Paul captive will "piss off" the new community.
Rick then questions Paul, who is tied to a chair, about his motives. Paul insists that his community's motives are not to attack the Safe-Zone. Rick leaves Paul, unconvinced by anything that Paul said.
Michonne, Abraham, and Rick then set out to see if Paul was a scout for a raiding party, and to set themselves up as bait for any would-be attackers. Andrea is dispatched to the tower to also watch for oncoming attackers.
Michonne, Abraham, and Rick's search takes them far from the Safe-Zone, and they witness no other living human nor any sign of an impending attack. Rick realizes that he and his people have been hardened by their world, and that he may not perceive an honest offer for being just that. He considers the possibility that the stranger may be telling the truth, and if he is, then their whole world might be changing. Rick decides that if Paul's community is decent and sincere, then Rick's group will work with them, but if they are dangerous, then Rick's group will take their supplies and leave them for dead.
- Rick Grimes
- Abraham Ford
- Rosita Espinosa
- Eugene Porter
- Denise Cloyd
- Spencer Monroe
- Paul Monroe
- Gregory (Mentioned)
- In earlier copies of this issue, Paul mentions a man named Kenneth, who is in charge of the Hilltop. He actually meant Gregory, but said Kenneth, due to a typographical error.
- There are a few of spelling mistakes in the issue.
- Typographical error, "abou" in Rosita's speech bubble, meant to say "about".
- Typographical error, "wha" in Eugene's speech bubble, meant to say "what".
- Typographical error, "o" in Olivia's speech bubble, meant to say "of".
- Typographical error, "to" in Paul's speech bubble, meant to say "do".