Rick and Dale continue to search the rest of the prison before they open it for occupation. During a conversation about how the generator will make their lives easier, Rick mentions that he hadn't noticed how long it has been since he's heard any music. Rick tells Dale about meeting Morgan and "his son", (Rick can't remember Duane's name) and that he believes Morgan made the smart decision by staying put and fending for themselves.
As Rick and Dale are finishing their patrol of the cell block, they run into Tyreese. While the three men are talking, Glenn and Maggie emerge carrying police riot gear and inform the group that they found a weapons locker and then take Rick, Dale, and Tyreese to its location.
Meanwhile, Lori and Carol are carrying books from the library when Carol expresses worry about Lori. Lori says that Carol is the one everyone should be worried about because of the recent suicide attempt. Carol says that the thing that has her worried most is that Sophia acts as if nothing ever happened.
The group decides to siphon gas for the generator and Glenn devises a plan for the others to lure the undead away from the gate while he and Rick run out to siphon gas from the parked cars. Glenn disappears and emerges wearing a full riot suit, and carrying one for Rick, so that they can give them a test-run. While Rick and Glenn are siphoning gas, the issue closes with both men looking towards the sky at a passing helicopter.
- Rick Grimes
- Lori Grimes
- Carl Grimes
- Maggie Greene
- Hershel Greene
- Billy Greene
- This issue's cover is the first cover drawn by Charlie Adlard.
- This issue is the one of two issues to have the title in the middle of the cover, the other is Issue 175.
- When Rick told Dale about Morgan and his son, he couldn't remember Duane's name, mistaking him for "David". However, later on in issue 58, Rick finally remembered Duane's name again when he got struck in the back of the head with a shovel by Morgan, like Duane did to him before.
- This issue marks the 25th appearance of Rick and Lori Grimes.
- Walking Dead #25 Review No zombies were harmed in the reading of this comic book, IGN, Hilary Goldstein, (January 21, 2006).