|Family||Family members (Deceased) Boyfriend (Deceased)|
|First Appearance||"A New Day"|
|Last Appearance||"A New Day"|
|Death Episode||"A New Day"|
|Cause of Death||Shot herself in head.|
|Irene after committing suicide.|
Brett Pels Gallery
Very little is known about Irene's life before the outbreak other than that she had a family and a boyfriend.
While Glenn is at the Travelier Motel searching for gasoline, he notices a girl crying in a boarded-up room on the upper levels of the motel. He tries to talk to her, but she doesn't let him in and tells him to leave. Walkers flood out of the forest, forcing Glenn to flee while the walkers attempt to break into her room. Not long after, Lee and Carley come, rescuing Glenn, and clearing out the walkers in the motel's vicinity. When asked to come out, she refuses. Lee then begins to break down her door and she gives up, walking out, revealing she has been bitten. She begs for them to give her Carley's pistol to commit suicide, and Lee will have to choose whether or not to give it to her.
Later that same night, when the survivors arrive at the motel to stay, Lilly is seen dragging dead walkers into a pile. Irene is seen in the middle of the pile.
If Lee has Clementine shoot him, he will tell her about the time in Episode 1, where he, Carley, and Glenn went to save Irene at the motor inn. He'll tell Clementine that he's thankful for that choice now that he knows how it would feel.
Give her the gunEdit
Lee will convince/force Carley to give her the gun, much to Glenn's disapproval, Carley and Glenn leave, not wanting to witness her suicide, leaving her alone with Lee. Lee tells her that he is there with her and she thanks him, calling him a good man. She then shoots herself in the head and Lee picks up the weapon. Glenn strongly disapproves with Lee about his choice, saying that people cannot give up hope.
Refuse to give her the gunEdit
If Lee refuses to give her the gun, she slowly approaches Carley for it, stating that it'll take a second and that she'll be with her family again, But then she immediately lunges at Carley. While fighting over possession of the gun, the platform's supports break and the whole floor collapses. While Lee and Glenn are dazed, Carley searches for her gun until she spots Irene picking it up. Lee then makes one more attempt at convicing her to lower the gun and that it'll all be fine. But she holds the gun to her temple and pulls the trigger. Glenn throws up on sight and the others are completely shocked at her death.
- Herself (Suicide)
Irene is bitten and asks for Carley's gun so she can kill herself rather than becoming a walker. Lee will have to choose whether to give her a gun so that she can kill herself, or let her continue on living knowing the risk that she will turn into a walker at any point and endanger the group. Either way, she attains Carley's pistol, and shoots herself in the head.
- She made several Christian references in her short appearance, such as stating that becoming "one of them" is "not Christian," and describing the walkers as "satanic."
- Glenn had a slight interest in her until she mentions her boyfriend, to which he sighs in disappointment.
- Irene is the first character in the game to commit suicide, the second known one being Jenny Pitcher, the third one being Katjaa, the fourth being Crawford Oberson, and the fifth being Chuck.
- However, she is the only character whose suicide moment is shown on-screen.
- Irene's name is displayed in the end credits, but never mentioned in-game. However, she is mentioned in the decision assessment screen for Episode 1.
- Irene is one of two characters Brett Pels has voiced, the other being Becca.