|This article is about Glenn's and Maggie Greene's child. You may be looking for his grandfather, the TV Series character, the Video Game character, or the Assault character.|
- —Hershel as he tries to pronounce "sunset"[src]
Hershel is approximately two years old when first introduced. He is seen sleeping in his crib being watched over by Brianna, and as his mother Maggie and Rick Grimes walk in, Rick mentions that he remembers when he used to creep around, praying that they didn't wake up. Maggie soon after thanks Rick for making this happen, referring to Hershel sleeping comfortably in the crib without a care in the world. Later, while watching the sunset, Brianna walks out onto the balcony saying that Hershel is hungry, and Maggie takes Hershel and asks if he can say "Sunset", with Hershel replying "Sumset"
Hershel is seen being taken for a walk by his mother and Brianna.
Hershel is taken by his mother to the fair in Alexandria. He spends most of his time under Brianna's care. After Rick tells the fair about the twelve missing people being dead, he is seen being held by Maggie in her room.
Hershel is seen being carried by Brianna as they prepare to head back to the Hilltop.
- —Hershel to Maggie[src]
- "Sure. I need more bonding time with this little shitter."
- —Sophia to Maggie about watching Hershel.[src]
- "Unless if he was hiding in this one's diaper, I don't know how I'd have seen him. This is my first chance to walk around, Doctor Carson."
- —Brianna to Harlan about watching Hershel.[src]
- Hershel is the second known child in the comic series to be born into the apocalypse, the other being Judith Grimes.