|This article is about the Assault character. You may be looking for his Comic Series, TV Series, Video Game or Road to Survival counterparts or the other Comic Series character.|
Hershel Greene is a main character in the mobile app, The Walking Dead: Assault.
Almost nothing is known about Hershel from before the outbreak. However, because the game's continuity follows that of the Comic Series, it is possible Hershel was a farmer before the outbreak began, and may still be operating his farm even throughout the outbreak.
Hershel will appear before each chapter, giving advice such as: "Trade in Supplies for upgrades and items that will increase your chances of survival!"
The following is a list of hints that Hershel gives the player.
- Stay alert......you aren't alone.
- Be on the look out for other survivors.
- Move and clear each street methodically. Use nearby items to cause a distraction.
- Be careful how much noise you make!
- Switch between your ranged and melee weapon to avoid making a noise.
- The undead may not be your only enemy...
- Hide behind cover to get close to your enemy and then pop out to attack.
- Use flares & distractions to pick walkers off in smaller packs.
- Tackle each pack individually and use flares to cause mass damage to multiple zombies.
- Maybe you can use the undead to your advantage here...
- Use items around you to lure the undead into attacking the other hunters.
- Watch out for extra-strong "horde" zombies!
- Time the use of your Special Moves in order to be most effective.
- Lure walkers into positions where you can then attack efficiently.
- Experiment with different team formations to decide an effective strategy.
- Trade in Supplies for upgrades and items that will increase your chances of survival!
- Police sirens, gunfire, and special moves all make noise which will attract the herd.
- Use everything at your disposal to manage the incoming swarm!
- Break the incoming swarm into smaller groups using items in the environment.
- Use everything you have learned to defend the camp!
- Purchase upgrades and pick your team wisely in order to save the camp!
- Log in to Game Center to compete against friends for the fastest time!
- Complete Bonus Objectives and Challenges to earn more rewards!
- Hershel only appears to give advice to the player before levels; he is not a playable character.
- Hershel is the only member of the Greene Family in the Comic Series to appear in the Assault Game.
- He is the only living character in The Walking Dead: Assault that is a non-playable character.
- The Walking Dead: Assault is currently the only medium of The Walking Dead franchise in which Hershel Greene holds an "alive" status.
|Playable Characters||Rick • Shane • Glenn • Andrea • Carol • Sophia • Dale • Carl • Lori • Michonne • Tyreese • Brian|
|Main St. Survivors||Clara|
|Car Park Survivors||Scott • Ted|
|Miscellaneous Survivors||Hershel • Hostiles|
|Dead and zombie characters appear in italics|