| This article is a stub. |
You can help the Walking Dead Wiki by expanding it.
Harold Benjamin Stauback is a main character who makes his first appearance in The Walking Dead: Descent.
Harold grew up the son of a sharecropper in Florida. He worked as a disc jockey and singer before the outbreak.
Harold survived along with Pentecostal People of God, led by Jeremiah Garlitz. The group is rescued by Woodbury survivors, and soon after Harold discovers that Jeremiah tries to execute all the survivors including his, Harold feels remorse. After destruction of Woodbury, he joins the rest of the survivors, abandoning Jeremiah and his two surviving minions Reese and Stephen.
Weeks later, Reese and Stephen discover that there is still some Woodbury survivors alive. They inform Jeremiah about the situtation. Jeremiah becomes furious, especially to Harold for abandoning his cult. Jeremiah attacks the remaining survivors and manages to wound Harold in the shoulder. Harold demands David, Miles and Norma to leave him behind, but they refuse to do so.
Harold survives the final attack of Jeremiah, along with Lilly, David, Barbara, Thomas, Bethany, Lucas, Tyler, Jenny, Mercy, Tiffany, Norma and Miles. His shoulder is later treated by Norma and Barbara.
- Reese Lee Hawthorne (Along with David, Norma and Miles)
- Leland Burress (Along with David, Norma and Miles)
- Louis Packard (Along with David, Norma and Miles)
- Harlan (Along with David, Norma and Miles)
- Earl Jerico (Along with David, Norma and Miles)
- Thurston Breen (Along with David, Norma and Miles)
- Several unnamed Most Holy Redeemer Parish members.
- Harold is the only surviving member of the Pentecostal People of God.
- Harold was the only trustworthy survivor of the group led by Jeremiah, as he shows remorse before the ritual. He also joins the rest of surviving Woodburians after the destruction of Woodbury.
- Harold was often referred to as "the only African-American of the group."
- Throughout the "Invasion" -novel, Harold's last name is spelled "Staubach".