- "I knew about the rotters. I mean, I've fought them before. Killed them. It's bad. But... people are worse, aren't they? I didn't know it was this bad. They know what they're doing... they just don't care."
- —Greg, reflecting on what people are capable of.[src]
Greg Fairbanks is an original character who appears in Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Michonne. He is introduced as the brother of Samantha, who winds up getting involved in a conflict with the colony of Monroe, who Sam previously stole supplies from.
Chesapeake Bay, Virginia
Nothing is known about Greg's life before the apocalypse other than the fact that he had a sister named Samantha, two brothers, Alex and James, a father named John, and a mother named Sophia. Greg was born in 1988 or 1989, as he was 16 years old.
In the early days of the apocalypse, Greg and his family accompanied with a childhood friend Paige took shelter and barricaded there house. About a year before he met Michonne he lost his mother. Shortly before the game begins Greg and his sister stolen a bag of supplies from Monroe.
Greg is first seen abruptly bursting out of an ammunition cupboard on the seemingly abandoned ferry after Michonne and Pete attempt to take the duffel-bag that was sitting on the counter. After confronting the two at gunpoint, his sister comes in and contributes to the tension. The four are eventually interrupted by a horde of walkers and focus their attention on defeating them.
Greg is too nervous to shoot an approaching walker in the head, shoots him in the chest instead, and is later saved by Michonne. After the horde is defeated, a woman named Gabby approaches and points a gun in the direction of the four. Randall and his group walk in and assess the situation.
It turned out that Greg and Samantha were thieves stealing from the ferry, and Michonne and Pete were regarded as accomplices.
Eventually, they're all brought back to Monroe where they were to speak and be judged by Norma, the sister of Randall. After Randall brings Michonne upstairs and questions her affiliation with Greg and Samantha, Greg is brought upstairs to be questioned as well.
A gun is pointed to Gregs head after lying, and this makes Greg scared enough to urinate himself, much to the annoyance of Randall. Greg, Samantha and Michonne are brought into Jonas' room by Randall and Zachary to be asked about the location of the rest of the supplies, but Zachary is too nervous to handle the gun and makes the final decision to shoot Greg in the stomach from buckling under pressure.
After failing to stop the bleeding of the wound in time, Michonne and Samantha watch Greg die and reanimate in mere seconds. It's then up to Michonne to get Samantha to hold Greg down and smash his head in to end him.
Greg's corpse is seen in the beginning of this episode. Later on Greg, is mentioned by Samantha feeling guilt over his death and by Michonne as she tells his family that Greg didn't make. Paige will also mention him, telling Michonne about everything the boy's have been through. Lastly John will ask if Greg became a walker or not.
Greg is mention a few times by his family. Michonne can explore Greg's room, finding a drawing of him made by Alex.
- "Not a... very good hero."
- —Greg final words to Sam.[src]
- "I can't believe I pissed myself."
- —Greg to Michonne.[src]
- "I'm not a kid."
- —Greg to Pete. (Determinant)[src]
- "There's no way I'm talking to you after what your brother-- "
- —Greg to Norma. [src]
- "Fuck you."
- —Greg to Randall.[src]
- "It was an accident, I swear okay--I swear!"
- —Zachary to Sam about killing Greg.[src]
- "Greg... never turned into one of those things...Did he?"
- —John to Michonne about Greg.[src]
- "What? What do you mean?"
- —James to Michonne about Greg.[src]
- "When Greg... when he... did he become one of them?"
- —Alex to Michonne about Greg. (Determinant)[src]
- "Greg...didn't come back with them."
- —Paige about Greg.[src]
- "Mom we love you."
- —Writen on Sophia's grave.[src]
This list shows the victims Greg has killed:
- Numerous counts of zombies.
When Zachary is questioning Greg with a gun quaking in his hands, Michonne tells him to get off the trigger, to which he ignores. Zachary accidentally pulls the trigger and shoots Greg in the stomach. Samantha is mourning over him as he slowly dies. Michonne then tries to stop the bleeding, but fails. He then reanimates in mere seconds. Michonne kills his zombified corpse, and Samantha avenges him by killing Zachary. (determinant)
"What We Deserve" (Photograph)
- Along with Rebecca, Greg has reanimated the fastest in the whole video game as possibly just around a minute after his death.
- Greg and Samantha are the first Native-American characters to appear in the entire Telltale Games Walking Dead universe.
- Greg is shown to have anxiety issues and possibly an overactive bladder due to how easily he wet himself when confronted.
- When Norma interrogates Michonne, independently of what Michonne says, Greg will say the opposite of what Michonne answered, generating tension and mistrust.
- Greg is one of the sixthteen characters with confirmed ages. The others being Lee Everett (37), Glenn (22), Sarah (15), Duck (10), Luke (26-27), Clementine (Season 1: 8-9, Season 2: 11, Season 3: 12-13), Alvin (43), Alvin Jr. (Season 2: 0, Season 3: 1-2), Samantha (22), Paige (22), Anna Correa (28), James (13), Alex (7), Mariana García (10), and Gabriel García (14).
- Greg is the first character to die in the Michonne Mini-Series.