- "Thug swoops in with a baseball bat and smiles and we're so scared we gave up everything - but there's only one of him and all of us so why are we living like this?"
- —Gordon to Dwight about Negan[src]
Aside from the fact that he had a wife named Maria, nothing is known about Gordon's life prior to or as the outbreak began.
During the early months of the apocalypse, he and his wife Maria were trying to survive on their own. Eventually they were found by the Saviors and brought to live at the Sanctuary, joining their group. At some point Maria died and Gordon came to a realization that the Saviors' way of life is not worth it and thus would have rather wanted to leave them or die trying.
Gordon works in the garden taking care of the livestock and vegetables and kneels down with the others when Negan walks by. He stares at Dwight with a grim look on his face as he walks away, clearly unhappy with his life at the Sanctuary.
In an act of desperation, Gordon fled the Sanctuary, prompting Negan to send Dwight after him. While on the run, Gordon was struggling with a lone zombie when Dwight caught up with him. Holding him at gun point, Dwight was leading Gordon back to the Sanctuary as Gordon pleaded to be let go, stating that anything would be better than going back to the Saviors. Ultimately, Dwight agreed to let Gordon go in a way by killing him with a gunshot to the back. His corpse was then brought to the Saviors' base and incorporated into the zombie perimeter around the Sanctuary. Dwight later looks out at Gordon for a minute before walking back inside the Sanctuary.
- Himself (Suicide, Caused)
- Dwight (Alive)
After Dwight finds Gordon fighting a walker. He captures him and they walk along a street, where Gordon ask Dwight to end his own life. Dwight refused and tells him to get up, after a minute of Gordon asking Dwight to end his own life. He says Dwight won but as he begins to walk away he gets shot in the back, killing him. He is later seen as a walker in the Sanctuary.
After the Militia reach the sanctuary, they use a RV that has explosives through the zombie grille and detonate it, destroying the grille and the zombies protecting them.
This list shows the victims Gordon has killed:
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies
- "The Cell"
- Originally, when Gordon fled the Sanctuary, numerous Saviors, including Dwight and Arat, were sent to go after Gordon, and there was a car chase scene involved. However, the scene was deleted and only Dwight went after Gordon in the final version for "The Cell".