|This article is about the Comic Series character. You may be looking for the TV Series counterpart or the Survival Instinct character.|
- "Lilly, I'm sorry. I appreciate all you done for us. Really, I do. Stepping up and all. But I just ain't got it in me to put my ass on the line for these people."
- —Gloria to Lilly about saving the Church group.[src]
Gloria Pyne is a character first encountered in Issue 45 of Image Comics' The Walking Dead, as well as a main character in the Novel Series. She is a resident of Woodbury . Gloria is a character also featured inThe Walking Dead: The Fall of the Governor. She is described as being small, compact, ruddy-skinned women, tough around the eyes with deep crow's-feet that belie her age.
Nothing is known about Gloria's life before or as the outbreak began. She may have lived in or near Woodbury before the outbreak.
The Prison Assault
Gloria was a member of Woodbury and participated in the assault on the prison. She is seen in a forest looking for Tyreese and Michonne along with Gabe, Raymond Hilliard, James Lee Steagal, Eric, and Daniel. After they capture Tyreese, she follows Daniel and Raymond carrying their firearms. When the Governor asks who witnessed Michonne being killed, Gabe orders Gloria to hand her katana to him. During the prison assault she injured her leg.
After the fall of the prison, Gloria and a small group of surviving soldiers hole up in the prison to regroup. As they count their ammo Gloria has a full mag of 30 5.56mm slugs for her AR-15 and she loans Austin her spare Glock 17. Later on during the night, Gloria comes out half asleep with red puffy eyes, huddled in packing blanket and sees Austin's bite on his wrist and is ordered to go back to sleep. As Lilly takes Matthew and Ben to search the corridor, Gloria stays back with her gun and holds the prison cell block. The next day, Lilly leads them out of the prison, when Gloria reaches the car she sits in the passenger seat and shuts the door as quietly as she came but catches a glimpse of Austin being devoured by walkers; she then tries to talk to Lilly before they are led safely back to Woodbury by Lilly, who becomes the new leader of the town. Gloria likely goes to the infirmary to get her leg fixed.
This list shows the victims Gloria has killed:
- Numerous counts of zombies.
- Gloria is a playable character in: The Walking Dead: Road to Survival
- Gloria's name was revealed inThe Walking Dead: The Fall of the Governor.
- Gloria Pyne is one of the six Woodburians who survived the prison assault, along with "Speed" Wilkins, Lilly Caul, Ben Buchholz, Matthew Hennesey, and Hap Abernathy.