|This article is about the companion series character. You may be looking for the TV Series character, Road to Survival Character, Comic Series character or the Survival Instinct character.|
Los Angeles, California
Gloria, the daughter of an unnamed father and mother, is a drug addict who lives in Los Angeles. The girlfriend of Nicholas "Nick" Clark, the two had previously got high together, thanks to their supplier Calvin, in a derelict church in Los Angeles.
Nick awakes in the abandoned church where the two had previously stayed the night, getting high, resulting in Gloria's death through a drug overdose. Finding her not by his side, he looks for her, seeing a trail of blood leading to one deceased man, followed by finding an undead Gloria eating another man. She begins to walk towards him, exposing a knife wedged into her chest (presumably done by one of the men in futile defence), which causes Nick to flee from the church.
When Travis returns to the church, Gloria, nor the two deceased men, are present, indicating they escaped the church and began attacking other individuals. After the National Guard Compound is overrun by walkers, the U.S. Military abandons Los Angeles and firebombs the city with Napalm. As a result, all walkers and citizens are likely killed if they had not already left the area.
Gloria is seen while Nick is having a flashback, eating another person.
She is seen by Nicholas Clark in yet another flashback.
This list shows the victims Gloria has killed:
- Herself (Accidental)
- Two unnamed junkies (Alive, Infected)
- Herself (Accidental, Heroin Overdose)
After getting high with Nick, Gloria dies in the night from a drug overdose, causing her to turn.
- "Pilot" (Zombified)
- She is the first named character to die and return zombified.
- On Talking Dead, showrunner Dave Erickson confirmed that Gloria is "Patient Zero" of the zombie apocalypse in the entire Walking Dead universe.
- Coincidentally, Gloria and Matt Sale are the girlfriend and boyfriend of Nick and Alicia Clark, and are both currently zombies.