|This article is about the Video Game character. You may be looking for the Dead Reckoning character, the Savior, the writer, the engineer, the actor, the other actor, or the other actor.|
- "I don't like no hash..."
- —Gary to an unnamed bandit. (Determinant)[src]
Nothing is known about Gary's life before the outbreak began. He may have worked at Save-Lots along with his fellow bandits.
Gary is seen raiding the Travelier Motel with the rest of his bandit gang, assisting in lining up the prisoners, Gary training his gun on Kenny, as well as Katjaa. After Bandit 1 orders Drew to force open the doors of the motel, a distinguished "Yeah!" can be heard. It is most likely emanating from Gary. After Bandit 1 proceeds to begin hashing out a deal with Lee, Gary is unsure about this idea, and voices his concern. Bandit 1 begins to reprimand him, before he is shot in the head by Lilly. Drew stands, dumbfounded, yelling "Christ!", before being shot and killed, or possibly retreats to call in the other bandits (Determinant).
Drew shot by Lee (Unknown)
Gary shot by Carley (Dead)
If Carley is saved in Episode 1, she will shoot Linda and Gary leaving Drew to escape.
Gary shot by Lee (Dead)
If Doug is saved, Lee will choose to shoot Gary or Drew. If Gary is shot, it will result in him dying.
If Carley was saved in Episode 1, she will grab a pistol and shoot Gary in the head and killing him. If Doug was saved, he will grab the pistol and shoot Linda in the head twice, wasting the second bullet, Lee then decides weather to shoot Gary or Drew. If Gary is chosen, Lee will shoot him in the head.
This list shows the victims Gary has killed:
- Duck (Indirectly Caused, Alive, Determinant)
- Katjaa (Indirectly Caused)
- Carley (Indirectly Caused, Determinant)
- Doug (Indirectly Caused, Determinant)
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies and unnamed people.
- Depending on whether or not Lee decides to shoot Drew instead of Gary, Gary will run towards the gate to alert the rest of his gang. It is possible to shoot Gary in the buttock while he is jumping over the fence.
- Gary is the second character Terence McGovern has voiced, the first being Larry.
- After the motel group escapes the bandit raid, one of the character models of bandits in the woods is Gary.