Note: These events are happening within the same timeline of events chronicled on the The Walking Dead TV Show Timeline. Additionally, the number of days, for the time being, are counted from day one of the show, as it is not yet known for certain exactly when the events take place in relation to the official global outbreak as declared by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. It can, however, be logically assumed that the beginnings of the pandemic as depicted in Fear the Walking Dead coincide with the outbreak globally.
- Reports surface across five states of a breakout of a strange disease that inspires flu like symptoms and causes people to attack other people. Its exact biological classification is unknown. (Pilot)
- Patrick Sutherland, a resident of Culver City, is shot and killed by the Los Angeles Police Department while displaying strange and aggressive behaviour, including devouring a cat and attempting to attack police officers. The incident was one of eleven cases of violent attacks across the country that week. (Promotional material for Fear the Walking Dead)
- Nick and Gloria get high at an abandoned church serving as a crack house. Gloria overdoses during the night. (Grotesque)
- Nick awakens in the church and searches for Gloria and finds a dead man with a chewed-out neck. He comes across Gloria cannibalizing a man before she stands and faces him, a knife sticking from her abdomen. Nick escapes the church in fear and runs into the street before he is struck by a vehicle. He is taken to the hospital. (Pilot)
- Madison, Travis, and Nick's sister Alicia go to the hospital to see him. Madison dismisses the police officers interrogating him and interrogates him herself, but he offers nothing. Travis talks to his ex-wife Liza Ortiz about their son Chris, who does not want to spend the weekend with his father. Travis concedes and allows Chris to stay with his mother. He stays with Nick while Madison and Alicia go to school. (Pilot)
- Madison arrives at Paul R. Williams High School, where she works as guidance counselor. A student, Tobias, enters and sets off the metal detectors stationed at the door. Madison frisks him and finds a knife in his sweatshirt and talks to him in her office, and he explains his fears about the disease and how he brought the knife for protection. (Pilot)
- Nick confides in Travis and explains what he saw at the church, and expresses his fear that he might be going crazy. (Pilot)
- Travis investigates the church but finds nothing but a crazed addict living inside, who begs Travis not to kill him. Travis continues into the main room and finds a puddle of wet blood before heading home. (Pilot)
- Meanwhile, Madison returns to the hospital and spends the night there. (Pilot)
- The next morning, Travis and Alicia arrive at the hospital. Travis gives Madison a change of clothes and later informs her that he went to the church to investigate and explains what he saw. Madison dismisses it as nothing more than the norms of a crack house. She goes to school with Alicia while Travis remains with Nick. (Pilot)
- Later, Travis has returned to the school and teaches a class on Jack London's To Build a Fire. Meanwhile, Principal Art Costa evaluates him and other teachers from another room. (Pilot)
- The World Health Organisation publishes an "International Disaster Emergency Response" memorandum, instructing health officials on how to dispose of the remains of infected individuals. Advice includes the disregard of DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) patients and the removal of patients to a morgue if efforts to restore life are unsuccessful within 60 seconds. If signs of life resume, the remains are to be regarded as a biological hazard. (Promotional Material for Fear the Walking Dead)
- At the hospital, a nurse comes to Nick's room and brings him a bedpan so he can go to the bathroom. Nick gets the nurse to untie one of his restraints to make it easier, to which she complies. When she leaves the room, Nick unties his other hand but knocks the bedpan off the bed. At the sound, his elderly roommate flatlines and staff including a doctor storm in to resuscitate him. When they are unsuccessful after only two shocks with the defibrillator, the man is immediately brought to a lower floor under the doctor's strict orders. Left completely unguarded, Nick steals the man's clothes, dons them, and escapes from the hospital. (Pilot)
- Madison and Travis arrive at the hospital to find Nick missing and staff rushing around in a hurry. They ask a nurse what happened and she says that there were two deaths on the floor, leading to a chaotic situation. Due to the circumstances, the hospital can offer no help and the nurse advises they call the police, before rushing off. They go to the crack house in search of him, but find nothing but a book of Nick's with drug paraphernalia inside. They go to the house of Calvin, a friend of Nick's, whom they inform of the situation and who politely offers his help in helping them, though the endeavor is ultimately fruitless. (Pilot)
- Wandering the city streets, Nick tries to contact Calvin before he retires under a bridge for the night. (Pilot)
- Madison and Travis head home on the interstate and come across a traffic jam, which Travis assumes is the result of a high-speed accident. Police cars race by and helicopters whir overhead. Police officers order over megaphones for people to remain in their cars for their safety. When gunshots are heard up ahead, Travis bypasses the jam and takes an alternative route to get home. (Pilot)
- Even fewer students arrive to school this day due to the mysterious influenza that is spreading. (Pilot)
- In the teachers lounge, faculty and staff crowd around a tablet to watch leaked footage from the event the night before on the interstate. A man is seen attacking and attempting to eat a rescue worker, while another man lumbers around trying to attack people before he is shot several times in the chest, but to no avail. (Pilot)
- Nick attempts to contact Calvin again. (Pilot)
- In class, Alicia and two friends also watch the occurrence on their phones, doubting the authenticity of what they are seeing. They observe that the attacker is only killed once he is shot in the head. An announcement is then heard over the loudspeaker of Art informing that that day will be a half-day and that students are to head home after the half-day bell. (Pilot)
- Nick meets Calvin in a diner and confides in him. He desperately asks what it was that Calvin sold him: if it was laced, or if it was phencyclidine (PCP). Calvin is affronted by these accusations but calms Nick down and says he can help. He and Nick leave the diner and he drives them to the LA river with the intent to kill Nick so that he does not go to the cops or spread lies about his product. When Nick sees the gun in Calvin's hand, he fights back and manages to turn the gun on him and shoot him in the stomach, killing him. He flees from the scene. (Pilot)
- Madison and Travis find Nick after Nick contacts Travis. Nick is upset that Travis brought his mother, but he confesses that he killed Calvin after the latter tried to kill him. They head to the river and find Calvin's car and gun but Calvin missing, even though he was killed. They return to Travis's car to search for Calvin but see him lumbering through the tunnel leading to the river. Madison and Travis try to talk to him, but he attacks them, biting Madison's sleeved arm. They break away from him and Nick backs the truck over him, but he gets back up to attack again. Nick runs him down again and he is atop the hood before Nick slams on the breaks and Calvin flies off of it. Calvin, a gunshot in his stomach, run over by a truck, and flung through the air onto concrete, stirs, apparently not yet dead. (Pilot)
- Art walks through the halls of the school, searching for remaining students. Alicia visits Matt's house, finding him very ill. Travis, Madison, and Nick begin to form plans for leaving Lose Angeles to the surrounding desert. Madison calls Alicia, finding that Matt is infected; in response, Madison tells Alicia not to touch him. Travis discovers that Matt was bitten, and suggests that bites are how the infection is transmitted. Madison, Alicia, Nick, and Travis leave Matt and return to their homes. (So Close, Yet So Far)
- Alicia helps Nick when he becomes ill from heroin withdrawal. Madison goes to the school. She first visits the principal's office to retrieve keys to the Crime Prevention Office. Using a crowbar to open a cupboard, she finds several drugs within. During this, Tobias finds her, requesting his knife back. Alicia tries to leave Nick, but another seizure from Nick causes her to return. She then cleans the fluid Nick expelled on the floor. (So Close, Yet So Far)
- Chris finds a tense protest between police officers and city residents over a police officer shooting a homeless man. Travis calls him and tells him to return home, but Chris decides to stay at the protest. Liza and Travis leave to bring him away from the protest. (So Close, Yet So Far)
- Madison and Tobias continue to roam the school, hearing a walker nearby. Running elsewhere with food supplies, she sees a zombified Art. Art's walker tries to bite Tobias, but it is killed by Madison with a fire extinguisher. Tobias and Madison then leave the school. (So Close, Yet So Far)
- Travis and Liza find Chris and convince him to leave the area. As they leave, a riot breaks out. The three then take shelter in a shop, despite the protests of the shop owner, Daniel Salazar. Madison and Tobias part ways, with Tobias leaving to join his family. (So Close, Yet So Far)
- Much of the traffic in downtown LA has been brought to a standstill as roads become impassable due to police cordons, rioting, and the growing number of people attempting to leave the city. (Promotional material for Fear the Walking Dead)
- Thomas Abigail tries to prevent Strand from heading to LA, citing nationwide rioting and the outbreak of the mysterious pathogen. Strand promises to return soon. (Blood in the Streets)
- Power to several districts begin to fail. Madison returns home and calls Travis. Travis tells Madison about the rioting outside, urging her to leave the city. Alicia, looking through a window, sees a zombified Peter Dawson trying to bite Joanna Cruz. (So Close, Yet So Far) Chris, looking through the shop window, sees a zombie staring back at him during the riot. (The Dog)
- Madison and Travis both hear someone trying to break into their respective shelters. When Chris notices that the shop walls are becoming very hot, everyone in the shop decides to abandon the residence to the rioters and leave. Madison plays Monopoly with Alicia and Nick (The Dog)
- TruWest Airlines Airlines Flight 462 takes off from Los Angeles International Airport. (Flight 462: Part 1)
- While escaping the chaos of the riot, they witness a zombified police officer mauling a riot cop, with the rioters completely oblivious. Griselda is trapped under a billboard, severely injuring her foot. She is quickly lifted out, and the Salazars and Travis's family escape by vehicle. Due to Griselda's injuries, Travis drives to a hospital. On arrival, they find that law enforcement has cordoned off the area and are shooting zombies emerging from the structure. On the radio, it is reported that a state of emergency has been declared in 11 states, with the national guard being called upon to control the riots. All flights are being grounded in an effort to contain the virus. While Travis drives to Madison's house, he and Chris see city power fail completely.
- The Cruz family has been either killed or zombified by Peter at this time with only their dog escaping to Madison's house with Peter in pursuit. When Nick sees Peter outside, Madison, Nick, and Alicia abandon their house for the Tran household. Power is briefly restored when the three arrive. (The Dog)
- Madison and Nick find a shotgun, Alicia sees a zombified Peter entering Madison's house. Peter audibly kills the dog within. Madison spots Travis's car and the three leave to warn him. Travis and his family see Peter eating the dog. Peter, hearing Travis, attacks him when power briefly returns again. Alicia returns to the Tran house but encounters a zombified Susan Tran. Daniel shoots Peter in the face with the shotgun and shoots him again to stop him for good. Alicia escapes into the garden maze but is captured by Susan. Chris helps her break free, though Alicia strikes Chris's nose. The group notices a Susan reaching for them. Nick claims she's dead. (The Dog)
- Travis medicates Chris's nose and concludes that it is not broken. The power once again returns temporarily. Daniel says he called his cousin, who will retrieve the Salazars the next morning. Madison urges Travis that the family should leave, but Travis refuses because of the darkness outside. He takes Peter's body outside for burial, despite Daniel's suggestion that they burn the body. The group spends the rest of the night in Madison's house. (The Dog)
- The city of Phoenix, Arizona experiences a massive blackout. (Flight 462: Part 5)
- Flight 462 is forced to return to Los Angeles. Aboard the plane, a sick passenger dies, reanimates as a zombie, and attacks other passengers. (Flight 462: Part 8)
- The Governor of the State of California passes an executive order, declaring a state of emergency, and detailing the extent and effects of the outbreak, which extends across "several states". The paperwork explains that the contagion brought "exacerbated death tolls, a significant increase in violent crimes, an excess of biohazardous waste, and mass hysteria resulting in widespread power outages." The document mentions evacuation programs and reveals that the WHO has declared a public health emergency. (Promotional material for Fear the Walking Dead)
- Travis digs a grave for Peter and the Cruz family's dog and greets the zombified Susan. As he takes out the trash, he sees a standoffish neighbor nearby. Daniel teaches Chris how to load a shotgun, much to Travis's displeasure. Madison considers killing Susan out of mercy, but Travis talks her out of it. Daniel calls her weak out of earshot (The Dog).
- A damaged window on Flight 462 explodes, causing the cabin to rapidly decompress and throwing the plane out of control. The passengers brace for impact. (Flight 462: Part 15)
- Madison's and Travis's families leave in separate vehicles as military helicopters fly overhead, while the Salazar family remain behind. Patrick Tran returns home to find the zombified Susan. The National Guard arrived, and a national guardsman shoots Susan before she can bite Patrick. Travis and Madison are then questioned by the Guard. Madison investigates the guardsmen in her backyard, where the guardsmen reveal that they believe the contagion is spread by blood. Nick spots a commercial airliner, Flight 462, descending rapidly and turning dangerously, indicating that it is out of control. The Cruz family is declared dead by the Guard - Travis believes the situation will improve, but Daniel disagrees. (The Dog).
|Day 5 /|
- Flight 462 crashes into the ocean off the coast of California. The few survivors of the crash float away in an emergency life raft. (Ouroboros)
- The Californian National Guard settles into their occupation, fencing off the neighborhood around Madison's home, deploying equipment and resources to assist in day to day life. 12 fenced off "safe zones" are created within the greater Los Angeles area by the Guard. A curfew is implemented in the safe zone, and no one is allowed outside the fences. Basic amenities including limited electricity are partially restored, Madison's home is used as a makeshift hospital and refugee center. Outside of the safe zones, the infected are culled and any civilians who have not fled the city are executed by patrolling squads of soldiers. Liza uses her nursing abilities to help the safe zone residents. (Not Fade Away)
- While Travis is jogging, Chris records himself giving his account of the events of the past 9 days. During the recording, he spots a signal light in a damaged building outside the safe zone. Chris responds back via a reflective surface, finding the people in the building responding back. Travis tries to convince Chris that the signal doesn't exist. (Not Fade Away)
- The Guard makes an announcement to the safe zone residents that the zone is safe in the 6 mile perimeter, and claims the Guard is now on the offensive. The announcer then passes a message from Command that the demilitarized zone will remain off-limits until hazmat teams dispose of bio-hazardous materials, any attempting to compromise or circumvent the safe zone's security will be detained, curfew will remain in effect until further notice, the screening process will continue, and household services will be restored when total containment is close. The announcer then suggests that the residents continue to boil there water and look for rations they will be receiving. During the announcement, people continue to question the announcer; eventually, the announcer bluntly says that the residents are "the lucky ones". After the announcement, a guardsman asks for Ofelia's and Alicia's name. The announcer then tells Travis that Douglas Thompson won't do the screening and his wife thinks Travis can convince Doug to cooperate. (Not Fade Away)
- Andrew searches for medicine for Griselda on Ofelia's behalf, but could not find any since the medicine is locked inside a secured locker he cannot access. (Not Fade Away)
- Travis arrives at Doug's home, finding Doug's wife and daughters in hazmat suits. He finds Doug in the bathroom, saying he doesn't believe he can do the screening. Travis tries to calm him and convince him to attend the screening. (Not Fade Away)
- Alicia returns to the closed Tran household. She finds an old picture she drew for Susan and a note written by Susan addressed to Patrick, causing her to cry. (Not Fade Away)
- Since Travis dismissed the light signals, he shows Madison the signals. Meanwhile, Nick siphons morphine from Hector's IV after Liza leaves his house. Ofelia and Andrew are kissing at the back of a truck. He tells her about his failure to get the medicine and rejoins his patrol. (Not Fade Away)
- During the night, Madison and Travis have sex. She mentions the light signals in the video and her displeasure with the Guard's occupation. Their conversation is interrupted by Maria, who claims Doug was abducted by the Guard. (Not Fade Away)
- At dawn, Madison attempts to contact the people who communicated with the light signals with a flashlight. Travis hears coyote howls and sees an abandoned car. (Not Fade Away)
- Later, Moyers is playing golf when Travis talks to him. Moyers says that he found Doug crying near the fence. Travis then tells Moyers about the light signals. Moyers said they found no one alive outside; they searched house-to-house. meanwhile, Liza sees Cynthia Ramirez and Doctor Bethany Exner who says Hector is getting the care he needs. Cynthia leaves to join her husband. Bethany then offers Liza a job as a nurse. (Not Fade Away)
- Madison leaves the safe zone by tearing open a hole in the fence with wire cutters. She finds the outside area dilapidated with trash, cars, and corpses littering the streets. She evades a National Guard patrol and quickly returns back home. (Not Fade Away)
- Liza brings Bethany to Griselda and Bethany suggests Griselda's relocation to a proper hospital. Daniel demands to go with her, and Bethany accepts. Bethany then sees Nick outside and checks him for sickness, finding him to have an elevated heart rate. (Not Fade Away)
- Madison tells Daniel that she left the safe zone, and Daniel tells Madison a story about how he found many bodies of people taken by his government, promised to return. Daniel then demands that Madison look after Ofelia if something should happen to him. (Not Fade Away)
- Madison finds Nick and punches him savagely. At night, Alicia finds Nick locking himself into his room, and asks why Nick is visibly hurt. Griselda is taken by the Guard peacefully, but Nick is taken forcefully by the Guard. Liza leaves with Bethany to watch over Nick and Griselda. Madison then blames Liza for the abductions and storms off. Travis sees the light signals again, when sitting on the house's rooftop, but this time, audible gunshots are heard and brighter flashes are seen coming from the signals' building, indicating that the soldiers executed the survivors inside. (Not Fade Away)
- Operation Cobalt is declared by "higher authority" in the military chain of command, and confidential documentation is produced to provide instructions on executing it. Military personnel are told to pack lightly and are given assurance of their safety. Specific steps are given to be followed, and soldiers are to avoid arousing suspicion in the civilian population in the safe zones. Instructions regarding the handling of civilians and quarantined patients will follow separately. (Promotional material for Feat the Walking Dead)
- Strand speaks to a despondent Doug and discusses Doug's wife, causing him to cry more. Doug is taken by soldiers, before Strand moves to speak to Nick. (Cobalt)
- Ofelia is throwing objects at a gate manned by military, inciting the safe zone residents. Andrews passes through the gate to calm her down and take her home. Liza is busy helping the patients in a makeshift hospital when Exner says that Griselda's foot had to be amputated. (Cobalt)
- Andrews is taken prisoner in a basement by Ofelia and Daniel. Travis visits Moyers and tells him the Guard's actions could cause a revolution; Travis leaves with Castro to the Guard's command center. (Cobalt)
- Daniel begins to interrogate Andrews. Moyers tells Travis to shoot a zombified Kimberly. Travis is unable to take the shot, but is unable to do so when he sees the zombie's name tag. Moyers shoots the zombie when Travis is unable to. At the hospital, Exner and Liza find a patient with bite marks, and Exner says that any patient with a suspected bite wound is immediately euthanised. The guard leave Travis in a jeep to raid a building filled with zombies. (Cobalt)
- Alicia finds Chris outside and brings him to another house to wear the house's various clothing. The Guard tries to take Nick from his cell, but Strand makes a deal with the commander to keep Nick and watch over him. The zombies triumph over the Guard during their raid, killing Moyers in the process. Ofelia becomes upset at the brutal torturing of Andrews. Liza discovers Griselda, who is sedated and in septic shock. (Cobalt)
- Alicia and Chris trash the house they are in. Travis sees a crying Ofelia, who tells him about Daniel's interrogation. Travis barges into the interrogation room and learns about the Cobalt Protocol, which includes the evacuation of all military personnel in the LA basin, and the "humane termination" of those in quarantine. Meanwhile, Strand explains Nick's importance to him when he makes his move when the Guard evacuates. (Cobalt)
- At night, Alicia and Chris see the Guard abandoning the safe zone. Griselda talks nonsense before she promptly dies; Liza shoots Griselda to prevent reanimation. Daniel visits a place where Andrews says people where being held, finding the building locked with zombies pushing against the doors. (Cobalt)
- Daniel frees the thousands of walkers trapped inside the coliseum and leads them toward the refugee camp. Travis, Madison, Alicia, and Christopher leave the safe zone after finding the military checkpoint abandoned. Liza and Bethany prepare to evacuate their remaining patients. (The Good Man)
- The walkers attack the refugee camp, allowing Daniel and the others to enter the facility unnoticed. Nick and Strand make their escape. The fences are eventually knocked down by the infected, who enter the facility and begin to overwhelm the military. Bethany realizes that the evac chopper is not going to land. Nick and Strand encounter Melvin, who is being devoured by a walker. Three soldiers confront Chris and Alicia and commandeer their vehicle. Travis and Madison free the people locked up in the facility. (The Good Man)
- Travis, Madison, and the Salazars reunite with Nick, Strand, and Liza as the refugee camp is completely overrun. They encounter Bethany, who has euthanized her remaining patients. She tells them how to get out of the facility, and stays behind, presumably to commit suicide. Strand suggests that the group head east, to his oceanfront home. (The Good Man)
- The group prepares to leave the facility. They come across a mound of ash and incinerated bodies, causing Ofelia to break down. They reunite with Chris and Alicia, but are then suddenly confronted by Corporal Adams (who had previously been freed by Travis). Adams points his gun at Daniel Salazar, but changes his mind and shoots Ofelia, causing Travis to brutally beat him. (The Good Man)
- The group leaves the refugee camp and drives west through the city, which is now a burning ruin. They soon arrive at Strand's oceanfront mansion, where Strand reveals his plan to escape on his personal yacht, Abigail. Liza reveals to Madison that she has been bitten, and asks Madison to shoot her. Travis encounters the two on the beach, and eventually decides to shoot Liza himself. (The Good Man)
- By night fall, Operation Cobalt is in full effect. The military bombs Los Angeles and its outlying suburbs. Strand's house is overrun by the infected and set on fire by the bombs. The group flees in a Zodiac boat and boards Strand's yacht, casting off into the Pacific Ocean as the city burns behind them. (Monster)
- Portland, San Diego, Vancouver and all other major coastal cities are bombed in a last ditch effort by the military to contain the outbreak. The devastation from the epidemic extends inland as far as the Continental divide.
- Via an emergency transmission, The U.S. Coast Guard announces that they are unable to provide any rescue or relief efforts to survivors by land, air, or sea.
- The group passes a skiff with people on it and leave them to their fate. Alicia listens to the radio and converses with a guy named Jack. The group bury Liza at sea. Later, they see dead bodies floating all around — bodies of the skiff refugees. The skiff floats nearby, riddled with bullets. Nick retrieves the boat's log book. Strand looks at the radar and he mad Madison realize that whoever shot up the skiff is coming back for them. (Monster)
- The group heads to a cove where they meet George Geary and his family and decide to dock the boat for the night. Madison becomes friendly with Melissa Geary, and Travis learns from George that the military's bombing campaign has left none of the major coastal cities untouched. George has lost contact with the other ranger stations west of the Continental Divide, leading him to the conclusion that the epidemic has wiped at least half the country out. (We All Fall Down)
- Luggage, mechanical parts, and other debris from Flight 462 wash up on the Californian coastline.
- Daniel discovers that Strand has a machine gun and maps to Mexico hid away on the boat. Strand makes a phone call to someone saying that he'll be "there."
- Melissa asks Madison and Travis to take her two younger children, Harry and Willa with them so they can have a chance at life. However, Willa ingests some of her father's stash of suicide pills and dies. When she turns, she kills Melissa. Before Harry leaves with the group, Seth, his older brother arrives with a rifle to take back Harry. As the Abigail departs, Seth shoots his zombified mother. (We All Fall Down)
- The Abigail is forced to a halt by an infected blocking the filtration system. Travis is tasked with fixing the problem.
- Nick, Chris, Alicia, and Daniel go ashore to investigate the remains of Flight 462. Chris mercy kills a crippled survivor, and Nick aids Daniel in finding medicine for Ofelia. When Daniels searches for Chris, he is met by Alex and a massive horde of infected. The group fights the horde off and returns to the yacht with Alex and a badly-injured Jake Powell in tow (Ouroboros)
- The group debates whether or not to take Alex and Jake with them, and eventually find a compromise; they will tow them behind the Abigail on their raft. After deliberating over the decision, Strand silently cuts them adrift. (Ouroboros)
- Fires from the military's bombing campaign sweep across the Yosemite and Sierra Nevada mountain ranges. (Story Sync)
|Day 19 Nighttime
- Celia Flores poisons a church congregation as Thomas Abigail tries to reason with them not to attack the infected. (Sicut Cervus)
- Travis hot-wires the Abigail so that Reed doesn't shoot Chris. Connor, their leader, takes Travis and Alicia to their base, leaving the rest under the supervision of Reed and 2 others. (Blood in the Streets)
- Nick finds Luis and they reach the Abigail in time to rescue everyone, killing the lookouts. Reed is stabbed through the abdomen by Madison, and becomes the group's prisoner. (Blood in the Streets)
- Strand, on the verge of drowning, is rescued by Madison. (Blood in the Streets)
- At the pirate's base, Alicia is given a hot meal by Connor, and later, Jack teaches Alicia how to identify vessels appropriate for boarding, with the aim of choosing a large and fast target. (Captive)
- Alicia and Travis plot an escape from the pirates, and Alicia persuades Jack to help. (Captive)
- On board the Abigail, Daniel tends to the injured Reed, who mocks Daniel and makes crude remarks about Ofelia. Chris, who is present, refuses to leave, and Daniel presses a cloth dipped in alcohol into Reed's wound in order to stop him talking. Reed continues to make threats, but Daniel calmly retorts that men who truly inspire fear never say how frightening they are. He leaves Chris to watch over Reed. (Captive)
- Madison and Luiz argue about whether or not to abandon Alicia and Travis to get across the border sooner. Victor sides with Madison and gives her a day to retrieve her family. She makes contact with Connor via radio and they agree to a prisoner swap. (Captive)
- Travis is confronted by an angry Alex. She reveals that she was forced to euthanise Jake, and was picked up by the pirates shortly thereafter. She asked them to bring her Travis, and accuses him of forcing her into her decision. Travis laments what the world has become, and when Alex leaves, they are on better terms. (Captive)
- Reed taunts Chris, angering him, and eventually Chris snaps and shoots him in the face, killing him. A distraught Chris insists that reed was going to turn, and the others debate what to do next. When Reed reanimates, Daniel prevents Ofelia and Nick from putting him down and devises a plan to use him. (Captive)
- As he is preparing, Daniel hears a voice in the empty room, telling him to take the gun. He is snapped out of his daze by the arrival of Ofelia, who helps him take Reed up to the deck. Madison takes Reed by boat to shore. There, she gives Reed to Connor who in turn gives her Travis. When the bag concealing Reed's head is removed, he immediately tears into Connor's arm and kills one of his men. Travis is able to subdue another. Alicia escapes, leaving jack behind, and they return to the Abigail. (Captive)
- A short time later, Victor Strand has recovered from his brush with death and steers the Abigail towards the Mexican coast, which is guarded by a number of navy vessels. Luis prepares to meet his contact from the Mexican military in order to pay in gold for access to the country. The rest of the group hide below deck in the engine room when one of the boats unexpectedly approaches. When the men announce they want to search the boat, a firefight breaks out in which Luis is critically wounded and the two assailants killed. (Sicut Cervus)
- When the navy opens fire with a 50cal machine gun, Daniel prevents the deceased men from reanimating but Luis protests that he does not want to be stabbed in the head. He gives Ofelia a pendant with an Owl symbol on it, which Daniel recognises and angrily tosses overboard. Nick and Ofelia stop him from putting Luis down. Meanwhile, the navy stops firing at the Abigail and allows the group to head to Mexico. (Sicut Cervus)
- Once on land, they find themselves at the church where Thomas Abigail met with the parishioners. Strand frantically calls for Thomas, and the undead bodies of the parishioners attack the group, forcing them to fight them off. Daniel is unable to put down an infected little boy when he begins having flashbacks to a traumatic period of his own childhood. An infected individual pins Maddy to the floor, and Chris freezes in place instead of helping, forcing Alicia to intervene. (Sicut Cervus)
- As evening draws in, the group arrives at the Abigail family estate and are welcomed by Celia. They have their weapons confiscated, much to Daniel's distrust.
- Strand discovers that Thomas was bitten by an infected and is in the advanced stages of the infection, suffering from a severe fever and is barely able to stand. They share a hug.
- Meanwhile, when Chris tries to initiate conversation with Alicia, she brushes him off because of his inaction when Madison's life was in danger. He vehemently insists that he is innocent of any sinister intent, and becomes considerably frustrated when Alicia doesn't believe him. He blocks her exit and tells her that she can't say anything to the others and that he doesn't want to hurt anyone, something that Alica interprets as a thinly veiled threat. (Sicut Cervus)
- Nick meets Celia and strikes up a friendship with her. She cooks him some posole, and he reveals that he is sick of all the killing. She tells him that the dead have always walked amongst the living, only now they can be seen. Madison interrupts and calls Nick away. The two women do not see eye to eye, and Madison tells Celia that Nick is impressionable and "fragile". She thanks Celia for her hospitality and leaves.
- Later, Daniel discovers a religious shrine on the estate's grounds with the owl symbol from Luis's pendant is carved into the tree. Celia places a photo of Luis amongst the photos of other deceased people. Daniel apologises for her loss, but she responds that since Luis was not shot in the head, there is nothing to be sorry for. (Sicut Cervus)
- As night falls, Madison brings dinner to Strand and Thomas, who is now completely bed ridden. The three share a joke, and Tom asks her to look after Strand when he is gone. Meanwhile, Ofelia finds her father sitting on a bed in a daze, staring off into space. He tells her that he isn't hungry, and recounts that Griselda was an amazing cook. He tells her to say to the others that he is tired. Ofelia leaves.
- Madison finds Alicia huddled on a couch in fear, and asks her what she's afraid of. Madison then tells Travis that Alicia is scared of Chris and that he threatened her. Travis agrees to sleep in a room of Chris, and likewise Madison with Alicia.
- Nearing death, Thomas says that he is unable to sleep, or indeed to let go of his life, because he doesn't want to leave Strand. Strand offers to die with him.
- Daniel wanders the grounds of the estate and sees a boy drop a live dog down a chute leading underground. He follows him to where he is talking to his zombified mother, who is being kept locked in the basement along with many other deceased people. Realising Celia is responsible, Daniel confronts her and she defends her actions, telling him that they are the family members of the workers at the estate. She says that they were being hunted, and when he sees the poison being prepared for Strand, Daniel realises that she killed the parishioners. He furiously tells her that she is endangering everyone by bringing death close, but she asks why he is obsessively fearful of death, telling him to make peace with his dead. (Sicut Cervus)
- Nick accompanies Ofelia to the shrine where she prays to Griselda, relaying her fears for Daniel's emotional health after her death. As he looks at the shrine and the owl carving, Nick experiences flashbacks to the day he woke up in the abandoned church and discovered the undead Gloria. Ofelia finishes praying and thanks him for being with her.
- Celia sings to the dying Thomas and recounts his childhood to Strand. She professes her pride in Strand for the decision he has made and tells him that the poison will not take long to work. Nick meets her outside without Madison's knowledge, and she agrees with his view that the infected are not truly dead. She tells him that "they are what comes next." (Sicut Cervus)
- In the early hours of the morning, Thomas expires as Strand lays next to him. Strand pauses momentarily as he approaches the poison, before walking past it. He rummages through the room and finds a gun. (Sicut Cervus)
- Chris gets up and silently leaves his bedroom without alerting Travis, entering the room where Alicia and Madison are sleeping. He quietly calls for Alicia, but she doesn't wake up. He sees a knife on a table next to the bed, and as he picks it up, he realises that they are afraid of him. Just then, Strand shoots Thomas in the head to prevent reanimation, and an alarmed Alicia and Madison yell at Chris to get out. (Sicut Cervus)
- Daniel experiences a nightmare, wherein he experiences a moment from his childhood in El Salvador where he was standing beside a river filled with dead bodies, and he was forced to take a gun. Daniel then dreams of making an escape attempt from the compound with Ofelia, but they stop and she begins to rip off a part of her face. He wakes up as Strand shoots Thomas in the head. (Shiva)
- Everyone including Celia rushes into Thomas's bedroom and finds a distraught Strand next to his body, Celia is furious that he broke him promise to die with Thomas. She slaps him and when Madison intervenes, she turns on her as well, calling her Strand's fool. She gives Strand one day to bury Thomas and tells everyone to leave her estate by sundown.
- Travis asks Alicia where Chris is, and she refuses to help find him, telling Travis that Chris was standing over her with a knife. Travis leaves to look for Chris on his own. He sees his son across a field in the distance, and gives chase.
- The sun rises over the Abigail estate, and Daniel watches as Strand digs a grave for Thomas and some of the workers take pigs up to the house. Clearly troubled and losing his grip on reality, he begins furiously sharpening his barber blade, which he had concealed. (Shiva)
- Travis finds a dead infected with a knife lodged in its head. He notices that the weapon is missing from its holster. Chris watches nearby, before leaving.
- Madison begins making plans to leave, telling Nick and Alicia to discretely start packing. Alicia says that she won't go back to the boat, but Madison says that Celia is dangerous despite Nick's protests. She says they'll leave when Travis returns.
- Travis tracks Chris to a small house where a man is living. He offers Travis a drink while he tends to his foot, which has been injured from running without shoes. Travis realises that the man has a son, and he tells Travis that Chris is holding the boy hostage in an adjacent room. Travis knocks the gun from Chris's hand and chases him down, subduing him when he pulls out a knife. Chris begins to cry, telling Travis that he is no good.
- Everyone is astonished when Nick turns up at the house covered in infected blood and escorting a reanimated Luis. Madison is shocked at Nick's actions, but Celia praises him, telling him that he is one of the few that understands their way of life and their beliefs. She tells him he belongs with her, and he tries to convince her to let his family and the rest of the group stay. She agrees, but says that Strand must leave. (Shiva)
- Daniel confronts Strand who is still digging a grave for Thomas. he tells Strand not to bury Thomas there because "this place is unholy." He says that the dead return to haunt the living, and on the edge of a breakdown, begins talking to himself. Strand realises that Daniel is unstable.
- Madison talks to Nick, telling him that he has changed and that she doesn't understand his attitude to the dead and his reckless actions over the past few days since his experience on the beach with the walker swarm. He tells her that he can move among the dead invisible, and tells her that he will not die.
- Daniel has a mental breakdown and grabs Ofelia, telling her to keep her head down as they escape the compound. He says that Griselda is waiting for them. When she resists and tries to calm him down, Daniel becomes agitated and more insistent. Several nearby workers intervene and Daniel slashes one across the face with his blade but is subdued by two men.
- Madison seeks advice from Strand about Nick, and they joke about the nature of their friendship. He offers her and her family a ride on the Abigail again.
- Celia leads a funeral for Thomas and reiterates to Strand that he must leave. She assures Ofelia that Daniel is safe.
- Later, she visits Daniel, who is tied to a chair in a building, and brings him food, which he turns down. She says that she knows he is fearful of something; the dead. he calls the undead an abomination, but she says it is his own dead that haunt him. She urges him to confess his sins, ask their forgiveness and make peace, but he refuses to talk to her.
- Daniel hears the voice of his deceased wife Griselda, reminding him of what he has hidden. Celia assures him that she will keep him safe. As she leaves, Daniel hallucinates seeing Griselda in front of him. He talks about his lover for her, is pain, all the lives he took in El Salvador, and the incident that still haunts him; where, as a child, he was forced to shoot an injured man in the river. The spectre of Griselda tells him that the first victim was Daniel himself. (Shiva)
- Nick, once again covered in infected blood, tracks and catches up with Travis, who tells him that Chris needs him and that he can't go back. Travis tells Nick to say to Madison that he never found them.
- As night falls, Madison confronts Celia and tries to persuade her to let Strand stay. Through the course of the conversation, Madison sees that Celia is delusional. Madison pretends that she wants to "understand" the dead. Celia takes her to the cellar where the undead are being kept. When he unlocks the gate and walks in, Madison quietly locks her in and leaves.
- Daniel knocks out the worker left to guard him and escapes his binds.
- Strand is escorted off the property by a number of Celia's workers and waves goodbye to Madison and Alicia.
- Daniel enters the cellar and pours gasoline all around. He hallucinates the infected as all the people he has killed and is greeted by the spectre of Griselda once again. He smiles as he ignites a lighter and sets the cellar ablaze. He watches in a trance as the flames inch closer to him, lapping at his feet.
- The entire house erupts in flames and everyone flees. Strand picks up Madison, Alicia, and a distraught Ofelia. When he sees what has happened, Nick refuses to join them. He tells Madison he was unable to find Chris and Travis, and then leaves, heading into an approaching swarm of infected as Madison and the others drive away. (Shiva)
- The next morning, Nick awakens in a house near the Abigail property. Sofia gives Nick food and water and points to a highway that would take him to Tijuana.
- After travelling for many miles, he finds shelter at what looks like an abandoned house, but he is chased out in the middle of the night by a woman with a bat and forced to leave his supplies behind. (Grotesque)
- Madison continues her search for Nick and Travis. Alongside Strand, Ofelia, and Alicia, she discovers upon returning to the coast that the military has stolen the Abigail, thereby leaving them stranded in Mexico. At Alicia's suggestion, the group takes shelter in a coastal hotel, which has been barricaded from the inside. (Los Muertos)
- After making sure that the ground floor is clear, Alicia and Ofelia decide to explore the upper levels despite Madison's reservations. There, they discover that someone has locked the infected into the individual rooms, thus keeping the halls clear. Ofelia reveals that she thinks that they won't survive, but Alicia insists that they can and will, because they have to.
- Madison and Strand open up to each other over some drinks. Madison reveals that her husband committed suicide by driving into oncoming traffic, but that she kept the truth from her children. She fears that the same darkness lurks within Nick, and laments her decisions to run from her past and have kids. In spite of Strand's attempts to reassure her, she breaks down and begins breaking glasses. The two of them continue to drink and get increasingly drunk. Strand begins to bang on the piano, creating a lot of noise and attracting the attention of a group of infected trapped nearby.
- Alicia finishes showering and calls for Ofelia, but cannot find her. She hears the piano, and witnesses infected falling from balconies onto the floor, attracted by the sound. She yells, trying to get Madison's attention, and finds a stairway filled with infected. Meanwhile, Strand continues to bang the keys of the piano, until he notices the infected approaching from all sides. The two of them struggle to fight them off in their drunken state, and end up behind the bar, surrounded.
- Nick escapes a group of bandits and tries to survive in the wilderness. He resorts to eating raw cactus and drinking his own urine when that fails. As the temperature plummets overnight, he finds shelter next to a wrecked vehicle and dreams of his time in rehab when he was told that his father had died. (Grotesque)
- When he wakes up, Nick is attacked by two dogs which results in an injured leg. The Infected kills the dogs and Nick uses a belt as a tourniquet. (Grotesque)
- Nick smears more blood on him so he can blend with the dead. The bandits from the highway come back and Gael, one of the outlaws, spots Nick and becomes petrified which ends in his and another's demise.
- Luciana and two scouts spot Nick. While she decides to leave him, Francisco wants her to help him since he walked with "them."
- On the verge of unconsciousness, Nick is revived by a late evening thunderstorm.
- Luciana finds Nick in a store and brings him to Alejandro for treatment of his bite wound. Nick then walks around their community, which is bustling with activity. (Grotesque)
- Nick witnesses someone being fed to walkers and later goes with Luciana to retrieve supplies from Miguel Rodriguez and his gang. (Los Muertos)