|This article is about the TV Series character. You may be looking for the Novel character, the Comic character, the Alexandria resident from the TV Series, the actor, the writer, or the director.|
Nothing is known about Eric's life before or as the outbreak began. He may have lived in or near Woodbury before the outbreak.
Eric is seen in the streets chatting with Mr. Jacobson.
Eric is among the townspeople enjoying the barbecue being hosted in Woodbury and listens to The Governor's toast. Later that evening, he enters the Arena and cheers on the gladiator fight.
Eric is seen walking down the street.
The morning after Rick's group invades Woodbury to rescue Maggie and Glenn, Eric is among the terrified residents trying to flee Woodbury. However, the gates are locked by the guards and Eric starts complaining with the other residents. He also witnesses Richard Foster being attacked and killed by several zombies that broke into town.
As ordered by the Governor, Eric is among the residents to turn in his gun to Martinez.
Eric is seen being apart of the prison raid, having ridden in the back of the truck with Martinez. After fleeing the prison when the zombies overwhelm the survivors in the tombs, Eric fled into the woods alongside two other survivors where they shortly died.
This list shows the victims Eric has killed:
- Possibly a few zombies.
- "Walk With Me" (No Lines)
- "Killer Within" (No Lines)
- "Say the Word"
- "Hounded" (No Lines)
- "The Suicide King" (No Lines)
- "Welcome to the Tombs"
- Eric's name was never confirmed on the show nor was he intended to be an established character, other than a Woodbury extra, but the name was given by actor Andrew Gostel, as he was informed he fit the description of James Lee Steagal (who at the time was known as Eric) from the Comic Series.
- While his actor confirmed that Eric, along with two other citizens, was not directly killed by The Governor as they fled through the woods, the casting director informed all extras that all Woodbury citizens are to be considered dead, despite whether or not they appeared in the Season 3 finale being gunned down by The Governor.