Nothing is known about Elías' life except that he had a wife, Angélica, and two kids, Benito and Sara. He and his family lived on a farm in Baja California. Elias was born on February 12th, 1961.
As the outbreak wrecked havoc in Baja California, his wife and two children are killed. Their bodies are buried on the farm.
As Chris chases chickens in the barn with Brandon, Derek, and James, Travis attempts to calm the young men down. Suddenly Elías bursts into the barn, armed with a shotgun. He shouts in Spanish to everyone and points his gun at them. Travis frantically attempts to calm the farmer down, but Elías shoots James in the leg after he breaks a chicken's neck. As tensions get worse, Chris suddenly shoots Elías in the chest, sending him to the ground and choking on his blood until he dies.
Elías is shot in the head by Chris to prevent reanimation. He is then buried alongside his family by Travis. Travis later looks around in Elias' home to find out his name to carve it in the cross of his grave.
This list shows the victims Elías has killed:
- James McCallister (Caused)
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies.
As he shot James in the leg when he broke one of the chicken's neck, Christopher then picks up the gun and shoots him in the chest, killing him. Christopher then shoots Elias in the head to keep him from turning.
- This character is credited as Farmer in "Do Not Disturb" and "Date of Death".
- While Elías' age and occupation was revealed in the Story Sync for "Do Not Disturb", his name was incorrectly listed as Matias whereas his name was revealed in "Date of Death".
- He is one out of the three characters in the who Walking Dead Universe to have a confirmed birthday date.